Cursed

Thread: Cursed

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default Cursed

Prologue

My dear child, do not fright.
    Your existence will fade into the night.
    From now on, there will be no light.
    From now on, you'll be out of sight.

My dear child, your shrieks give me the most delight.
    This is the story I may never rewrite.

Honestly, I don't know how all of this happened. I don't know why everything is falling apart. It's all their fault. They made me do this.

And now here I am, in crackling laughter. I've lost it. My body has been ripped apart in shreds from my own decisions. My spine has burst forth dark wings of my downfall. My head has been crowned as the queen of all obliteration. I am bleeding immeasurable misery.

But I did love him. I did hold deep affection for him.

At least I think I did...

But why is he holding his sword so tightly? Why is he in a stance that wants to kill me? That wants to erase me from this world?

Is it because I killed her?
    Last edited by jeiru01; 12-31-2013 at 11:37 AM.

2. The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to Shiyori For This Useful Post:

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Chapter 1:1 - Fateful

I wasn't ordinary to begin with. I've only the company of an annoying black cat that surprisingly knows how to speak. I was everything out of the ordinary. And I wouldn't waste my breath trying to find out why I'm like this.

You see, I'm a witch... A sorceress. A wizard, a conjurer, a shaman, an alchemist, an enchanter, a warlock, whatever you like. I was anything but a magician. I don't see my powers as charms and mystic decor. I don't think their worth is for the amusement of the townspeople. I see them as a curse. Call me a necromancer, master of the occult and the unrevealed.

I live up a hill,... If that isn't too blunt. A great, big, giant sycamore tree,... And on top, a little wooden hut. That's what I call home. And I'm pretty proud of it. Up until now, I still cradle myself in soft cotton sheets I knitted myself, on the warm wooden floor. I'd have a small fire going on. Small enough, though. I try very hard not to burn my hut to the ground, along with my tree. All in all, I'm very contented with my life in a treehouse. There are some occasions, though, in which I wished I didn't live on this damned hut to begin with. Let's say,... Rainstorms, windstorms, snowstorms, forest fires, hurricanes, mostly anything our dear Mother Nature can throw at it.

I spend my days practicing. Practicing sorcery. I could be the only witch in this town, I might as well try to learn a few spells. My mentor is none other than my black cat, Kathel.

"Have you any idea how to hold a wand, Deborah?!"

"Don't be so hard on me, Kathel!" I childishly put my wand on top of the dresser and ran near the terrace.

"Lessons aren't over yet!" The cat purred, "Where do you think you're going?"

"Down there,..." I pointed at the grass below my tree, "...most likely."

I absolutely love adventure. I love wind in my hair, grass with my bare feet, and freedom. Freedom from this life.

But I didn't know this was the day that would change my life.

I, the innocent. In the sunlight I am a dancer.
    I, the powerful. In the night I am

...the necromancer.

4. The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to Shiyori For This Useful Post:

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Chapter 1:2 - Lost

As I took a breath from the fresh air around me, a smile appeared on my face. My hair was dancing in the wind and my cloak swayed along the breezes that followed. I've decided that that was the day. That was the perfect day. No one can part me from my hill, my tree, and my freedom. The freedom to be alive and feel alive. The freedom to be free and know it. The freedom to stay away from the problems in the village down the hill.

The sun was shining suitably. Its raises fit impeccably well in the celeste blue sky. The clouds were moving slowly, spreading out superb warmth in the shade it gave. I lied down on the warm, thin grass. I could hear Kathel calling me. Probably scolding me for skipping lessons.

"Deborah! How are you even supposed to master witchcraft if you have no intention at all to learn?!" She scolds, "Should you even become a true witch?!"

"Criticize me as much as you want, Kathel. I'm not letting anyone ruin this day for me."

And that was the day everything changed.

I heard the sound of footsteps--But faster. Much, much faster. Could it have been a wild beast? I wasn't waiting to find out. My senses were telling me and I got up immediately. I ran back to my tree with immense immediacy. It wasn't my mind working; Oh no. This was your average sense of survival doing the job. My heart was pounding as I grabbed the rope. I was about to get a heart attack when suddenly, out of the blue, I heard a voice.

"E-Easy, boy!... Hey! You'll get us lost--Well, not that we're already lost... Hey! Slow down, boy!"

What? A human's voice--and a rather sarcastic one at that. In this part of the town? Up my hill? I'm sure I frightened the townspeople enough as necessary to get them to make rumors about this hill just last week! Who could this visitor be? Shall I give him a scare?

I continued climbing up the rope. I hurriedly grabbed my wand from the dresser in excitement. I saw my cat's face loaded with worry and fret, and at the same time with great disappointment. As if I shouldn't be doing what I was clearly about to do... As if I forgot something. ...But what, exactly?

I was too busy anyway to give thought to it. Without any second thoughts I jumped down my tree, no matter the height. It hurt my knees, sure, but I felt too electrified with adrenaline to think about it. The noise got even louder and I knew it was coming my way. I readied my wand in the stance which I thought was right. In a split second, a large and mighty horse galloped its way into my grassy field, covered in leaves, dirt and twigs. Riding the ferocious steed was a young man, about my age, barely seeing anything as his entire face was covered in mud.

"H-Hey!" The man yells in fear.

Knowing this was my cue, I brought in with all my might all the energy I could handle into this one spell that I knew I mastered.

"Take this! You shan't ever step foot on this hill again!"

And then I remembered...

...Did I... ever really master anything from Kathel's lessons?

I guess I'm about to find out.

Little one, it was about time you've paid me a visit.
    It seems that I'll be seeing you bleed in a minute.
    Little one, let us take a stroll down there for a while.
    Afterwards let's take a moment to say "goodbye",

Once my little dream is over, I promise I won't cry.

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Shiyori For This Useful Post: