What to do First: Read the Original Manga or Watch the Anime Adaptation?
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I usually read the manga first then watch the anime (plus bonus points if the anime is still on going) noticing every small details in the movements of the characters is really fun lol and also I guess reading the manga first then watching the anime makes me appreciate the animation more....hahaha

TUMBLR|TWITTER | IG: tsoookie | WC: chari

OS Psychopath
    Somewhere Out there ~ I can show you the world ! Shining shimmering splendid ~ ♪
    Upload
    17 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

read the manga first ~
    Kobowo Tokusentai -Agito, The Persian Rose

Man that humanity forgots Lancaster's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I usually watch the anime first (if only there's an anime adaptation). For example, I finished watching Bokura wa minna Kawaisou. Since it has only 12 episodes and an OVA, I feel pretty short so I will read the manga to satisfy myself.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I usually watch the anime but if its a really good one or the anime ended in a cliffhanger then I read the manga.

♥Panda Princess♥

Upload
    242 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well... I usually read the manga after I watched the anime. Like if there's no upcoming episode since I have watched the latest one then I would go ahead and read the manga. Except Skip Beat. Read the manga before the anime came out.
    Procrastinator by day. Insomiac by night ♥

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

depends on which I come across with.. I have a habit of pressing the surprise me button on mangahere... That's how I read stuff like Shingeki before they are adapted into anime. If I find a good anime, I go see if they came from a manga and read on from there.

My Personal Motto:
    Spoiler :  

Thanks

Watch the anime first, it's quicker to see if you are going to like the story or not.

Regular Uploader

Upload
    157 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I would have to go with the Anime its faster and if it does get your attention at least in my case the Manga will be liked by me :)

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

It varies quite a bit as to which one should be done first (anime, manga, or PC game in some cases).

If I had watched the Valkyria Chronicles anime before I'd played the game, I wouldn't have played the game. It would have been really hard to take the game seriously because the show was more comedic and upbeat. Similar story for Hyperdimension Neptunia - the anime was 10x raunchier than the game, and I wouldn't have bought (and enjoyed) the game if I'd seen the anime first.

I don't read much manga, and most of the manga I do read doesn't have an anime adaptation at this time (and likely never will, since it's more obscure). For ones where I did watch the anime as well as read the manga, I generally liked the anime more, although there were exceptions.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

What I do actually think is that It shouldn't matter If you want to read the manga before go ahead and read otherwise you should watch the anime if you want to

Spoiler :  

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I feel that it really is up to individual preference. Also you might watch an anime before finding out about the manga or visa versa. It really is up to the individual though I kinda feel that was such a general response to the question. hmmm...lets see if I can do better. Some people enjoy reading the original story first as animation or movies can and have taken creative licensing and changed the story line/added or removed characters/and shortened arcs or added hours of useless fillers. This can cause readers to be annoyed with the anime after reading the manga which is why some like to watch the anime first before reading the manga as this allows them to fully enjoy the creative licensing before they read and get all the juicy details in the written original. I personal do both and that is my humble and personal opinion.

Spirit mound covered swampland between two lakes
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

It depends, but I usually watch the anime first if there is one.
    Somehow watching the anime after reading the manga makes it less enjoyable for me, but not as much the other way around.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I usually watch the anime (if there's an adaptation) then proceed to the manga. But, there are also times where I read the manga then the anime, and that depends if I wasn't informed of an anime adaptation about it or I just read the manga then a few months later there's an adaptation for it.

Thanks

It depends on what you prefer but for me I've been getting sucked on reading the manga first.

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

First, Read Manga. It's less time-consuming to decide if you actually like the story. While you read, your imagination is the limit for your enjoyment.
    I also noticed that there are a lot of scenes cut out from the anime adaptation that is actually essential to understand the character's perspective.

Next, Watch Anime. It is for the battle scenes, character designs in color, singing/dancing episodes and for the background music.

Then, Read Manga again. Most anime adaptation haven't catch up with the manga so I'll read up from the last anime episode.
    Re-reading from the start is fun too.