HOW TO UPLOAD
So how can you be an uploader? You can upload even without the uploader status. Here's how.
Programs you will need.
2) Bencos Updated!! (08/15/13)
3) Megamanager (optional)
EDIT: http://otaku-streamers.com/community/showthread.php?6331-Note-for-Uploaders Please remember that before you can turn yellow you must upload and pm a minimum of 12 videos and that you need to keep uploading until 100 videos otherwise you will be turned into an inactive uploader
Part I. Preparing the Video for Bencos
1) If its mkv
You have to convert it to avi using alltoavi. Here are the steps:
1) After opening alltoavi, click on 'Add File', and select the mkv video
2) It will most likely say:
'H.264 Video detected! Do you want AlltoAvi to more restricted special
Just click yes.
3) Another window will show saying 'H.264 Mode require the use of No Skip Option, please choose a Frame rate'
Just click Ok.
4) For video Bitrate, input 1200.
5) For subtitle, select in the option box '0'
6) Same for Audio as well, '0'
7) Select the No Skip option window
8) See what AlltoAvi Suggested FPS and check the box close to that number and click Ok.
9) Go back to the Convertion window and click 'Add Job'
10) Click Convert!
2) If its in RMVB format
3) If its in Avi or Mp4 then you can proceed to the next step.1.) Open AlltiAvi and drag the video inside.
2) A window will show saying 'Alltoavi could not determine the parameters of the video, please manually specify'
Just press Ok
3) Now the AlltoAvi doesn't detect the screen size of the video, so you have to manually set it.
-When the video is in wide screen(the rectangle one), set the screen size to 704x400.
-When the video has normal screen (the square one), set the screen size to 640x480
4)Set the video codec to 'XVID'
5) Select Software Scaler 'to Bi Cubic'
6) Set Bitrate to '1200'
7) Set Audio Bitrate to '128'
8) Set Subtitle to '-1'
9) Set Audio to '-3'
10) Click Add and then Convert!
Part II. Converting the video to mp4 using Bencos.
Even though the video is already in mp4 format, you still have to reconvert it in BENCOS. Assuming your video is already in avi or mp4 format, proceed to the following steps.
C. Uploading1) Open up bencos and go to files tab
2) right click by your mouse in this window and add the files you wish to encode. (Notice that you can add many eps here.)
3) The C:\ is the directory were bencos will output the encoded files, be sure to check if there is enough space there (you can change the directory of course)
4) Go to Settings Tab and change the following settings:
-Video codec: MPEG4 AVC
-Audio codec: AAC HE+PS
-Video Quality: Normal
-Video Bitrate: 300
-Audio Bitrate: 48(check stereo)
5) Now for resize. To know the exact ratio, open AlltoAvi, add the video. In Screensize, make sure you check the Locked Aspect Ratio box. In the first box(width), change that to 512. The height will automatically be set. Copy that value and go back to bencos
6) check resize and replace it with the copied values. Ex. 512:384
7) Go to status tab, then click Start.
ScreenshotMethod#2 How to convert MKV/OGM with the best qualityFor your convenience and ours, you can upload the converted video to osddl.com. After Uploading, PM me or Jbluey the links, after we verify the upload, we will change your status to Uploader.
(No longer Needed) You can use the program called MegaManager instead of using your browser for uploading. The advantage of using megamanager is that it has a resume function. So even if you got disconnected, your upload wont go back to 0%.
Extra software needed.
1) AviSynth 2.5
3) OGM Cleaver
4) MKV Toolnix
1st - Software preparations
2nd - Extract subsInstall the following softwares. For OGM Cleaver, you have to extract the contents on the desired directory you want to put it.
Open OGM Cleaver and click on 'Find MKVToolnix', it would probably find the folder itself but if it didn't, locate the MKVToolnix directory and click Okay.
3rd - Convert video to avi using alltoaviOpen OGM Cleaver and aclick on 'Open OGM/MKV files to process' button. Select the MKV or OGM file. On the right panel, uncheck everything except the subtitle that you are going to use for encoding.
Click on 'Extract tracts' button. (You can add multiple files as long as they have similar tracks structure.)
You will know when it is done when the processing section (left panel) is empty
The .srt or .*** (subtitle files that are extracted from the video) is on the same directory as the mkv/ogm file
Convert video to avi without subtitles 1200 bitrate for video and 128 bitrate for sound. Do not resize. Also make sure you chose the right audio.(If you don't know how to use alltoavi, please refer to the top tutorial)
4th - Prepare script5th - Convert to mp4 using bencosOpen notepad and paste this code
In LoadPlugin, type the location of 'vsfilter.dll' (a component of aegisub) inside the quotes. ex.(LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\Aegisub\csri\vsfilter.dll")) If you have installed aegisub by default then the directory would be "C:\Program Files\Aegisub\csri\vsfilter.dll"LoadPlugin("")
In AVISource, type the location of the avi you have recently converted using alltoavi inside the quotes.
In TextSub, type the location of the extracted subtitle (.srt or .***) of the video inside the quotes.
Save the file as '<avi video name>.avs' and save it on the same directory as the avi file.
avi file is "School_Rumble_01.avi", so the script file would be, 'School_Rumble_01.avs'
Resize the video to a 512px width. Please refer to alltoavi of the proper ratio.
Video Bitrate should 290 (this is standard to all videos regardless if it is action or not)
Audio bitrate is 48
Instead of adding the avi file to convert, add the avs file instead
Choose the directory you want to save the file
Method#3 How to Convert avi/mp4 into streamable mp4
Extra software needed.
1) SUPER Converter (Install after download)
2) MP4 Box (Extract all contents inside bencos folder. Allow replacing of existing files)
1st - File Locations
2nd - Converting video using mencoderFirst you need to determine the locations of these following files/folders and place them in a notepad for convinience:
1) Location of 'mencoder' folder inside SUPER Converter folder (where SUPER Converter is installed)
2) Location of mp4 Box inside bencos folder (where bencos is installed)
3) Location of the video file(avi,mp4) you want to convert
Note: When saving the locations on the notepad, put them in quotes ("")
3rd - Making the converted video streamable1) open up notepad and copy/paste the following code in it
2) replace "input" with the location of the video file you saved earliermencoder "input" -ovc x264 -oac faac -faacopts br=64:mpeg=4: object=2 -channels 2 -srate 48000 -o "output" -vf scale=512:384 -x264encopts deblock=1,1:bframes=5:frameref=5:threads=2:b_pyram id:nofast_pskip:nopsnr:crf=22:8x8dct:weight_b:mixe d_refs:me=umh:partitions=all:subq=7:trellis=1
3) replace "output" with the file name you want for the video after conversion ex: "anime_01.mp4"
4) check if the resize ration is correct in 'scale=512:384' using alltoavi (check previous tutorials on how to check for the proper resize ratio)
Example based on the screenshot above:
5) open command prompt by going to (windows xp)start menu --> run --> and type cmdmencoder "E:\Multimedia\My Videos\Mamotte Shugogetten\[A-Flux] Mamotte Shugogetten 01 [A7C7704F].avi" -ovc x264 -oac faac -faacopts br=64:mpeg=4: object=2 -channels 2 -srate 48000 -o "Mamotte_Shugogetten_01.mp4" -vf scale=512:384 -x264encopts deblock=1,1:bframes=5:frameref=5:threads=2:b_pyram id:nofast_pskip:nopsnr:crf=22:8x8dct:weight_b:mixe d_refs:me=umh:partitions=all:subq=7:trellis=1
6) type cd "location of mencoder of SUPER converter" and press ENTER. example: (cd "C:\Program Files\eRightSoft\SUPER\mencoder")
TIP: to paste a text, right-click inside the command prompt and select paste
7) paste your recently modified code inside the command prompt and press ENTER
Wait for the video to finish converting
There are two ways of doing this. One is through converting the newly converted video in bencos, and two is to use mp4box to make it streamable. I won't explain how to convert it using bencos because I would assume you would know that by now. I will just explain how to convert it using the mp4box.
1) Copy the newly converted video from the mencoder folder into the bencos folder
2) Open command prompt and type cd "Location of bencos" Example: (cd "C:\Program Files\Bencos")
NOTE: Replace all "video" with the actual video file name.
3) type mp4box -aviraw video "video.mp4" and press ENTER. The extracted video file would be something like this ("video.h264")
4) type mp4box -aviraw audio "video.mp4" and press ENTER. The extracted audio file would be something like this ("video.raw")
5) Rename audio "video.raw" to "video.acc". Make sure the you change the extension type. If you can't see it, (Windows XP)Go to tools --> folder options --> View tab --> Uncheck Hide extensions for known file type[/b]
6) type mp4box -add "video.mp4" -add "video.acc" "video_streamable.mp4". Replace video_streamable withe a desired file name, make sure its different from the original video file.
If above method doesn't work, convert it using bencos.
-Nov 07, 2009
-Nov 06, 2009
-Sept 06, 2009
--Added a new tutorial
-May 24, 2009
---Updated Bencos Link
-Aug 27, 2012
---Updated Uploading Site