How to spread OS to the world (brainstorm)
    OS chef in the making
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Question How to spread OS to the world (brainstorm)

I miss how busy this site used to be in the shoutbox, chatbox, and forums.(It would now be virtually impossible for anyone to get the fanatical chatter award now) And I've been racking my brain on how to spread this site to others while keeping it discreet, since it is technically an underground pirate site, to no avail. So I've decided to start this thread to see if anyone else has ideas. I'd like to hear them and maybe together we can reignite the sense of community and family here.

もうー人の神ã*!.
    Upload
    8553 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,419 Times in 160 Posts

I am also finding a way to spread OS. its a bit lonely to see the site inactive or no one is chatting in shoutbox. but if it is a site issue that makes the user go away then please let me know so we can brainstorm about it too :).

Now about the spreading OS to the world.

Well on early times i spread the site by creating a bot the spams the site in their comment box HAHAHA.. i stopped when the OS are having issue with bandwidth. lol

i also tried putting an ads in FB which is also a bad idea hahah still it worked thou. but its costly.

i dont know if sharing OS in social media sites is a good idea. but if it is then lets do it!

3. The Following User Says Thank You to jbluey For This Useful Post:

N1RV45H (Yesterday)

OS Supporter

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I wouldn't talk too much about it on the Big Tech platforms like FB and Twitter, as they're closely tied to the producers and sponsors of a lot of the newer anime. Maybe try some forums that specialize in other media, like gaming, but also have sub-forums for TV and anime discussion, such as d2jsp.org . Just be careful not to break the rules, some sites might require you PM when talking about other websites, to avoid lawsuits and other conflicts.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to Okazaki For This Useful Post:

N1RV45H (Yesterday)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

im split in this idea... on one hand i want the site to be that site 5+ years ago when everything is still livelier...
    on the other hand, making the site more widespread might get the attention of someone that might close the site... i heard that big anime site like kissanime got taken down and that scares the hell out of me, now this site is the only site that i know to watch anime(except youtube in legal anime yt channel)...

to me, probably just sharing to friends/acquaintance might be good in spreading the site while being discreet to the anime pirate hunters...

7. The Following User Says Thank You to ZetsuRavez For This Useful Post:

N1RV45H (Yesterday)

Daydreamer~
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

It's been so sad hearing and seeing all of these old huge anime sites closing... with streaming becoming more and more popular it definitely becomes more dangerous to be well-known. It would be nice to get at least more active users again! I found my way to OS through yahoo answers lol. I've tried to get the people I know who watch anime on OS, but for some reason they prefer the big streaming platforms :( I think the new site format will help breathe new life, but the biggest flaw that scares at least my friends away is the speed of which new episodes of currently airing anime get added. With fewer uploaders though there isn't much to be done about that :/
    "Shining brightly, even for a split second, is better than living a dull-grey life for eternity."

9. The Following User Says Thank You to BrokenAngel For This Useful Post:

N1RV45H (Yesterday)

OS chef in the making
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Oh wow I can't believe There's already this many replies or that the first would be from Jim himself.
    I'm glad to see that so far everyone has the similar thoughts and I agree that word of mouth or spread amongst trusted circles is the best way to go about it. It's such a shame that Cons aren't really happening right now because those would be the best place to spread the site.