Should we repeal the dub ban?
    Thanks

Default Should we repeal the dub ban?

I want to repeal the dub ban so we watch season 3 of shin chan and also all of ghost stories,I agree that many animes are better subbed, but you also have to remember the good dubs like the ones I mentioned,please moderators can you please repeal the dub ban.All I want is to watch the next season of shin chan,Please support me in my stuggle
    Last edited by yoootyat; 11-16-2020 at 05:07 PM. Reason: spelling mistake

Daydreamer~
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I've mainly been a lurker my years on this site, but I THINK the dub ban became a thing because OS was getting attacked more. There actually used to be not only dubs, but straight up american animated shows like Futurama on here as well!

Personally I don't mind dubs (subs for life), but if it puts OS in danger it might be better to leave the dub ban in place.
    "Shining brightly, even for a split second, is better than living a dull-grey life for eternity."

OS Supporter

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Rather than banning them outright, how about a screening process? As BrokenAngel said, if it puts OS in danger, leave it out. If it doesn't, then allow it. In the case you start allowing dubs again, I would prefer a page for them separate of the subs. I can't tell you how many times I've clicked to watch an anime and my ears are violated by terrible English voice actors. Really annoying. At least maybe add a "Genre" tag to them?

OS Supporter

The land of Milky Holmes and Honey-sempai
    Upload
    38 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

The problem with dub is that it breaks the law unless you license it. The reason subs from Japan are ok is a copyright loophole regarding the Japan Ministry of Culture so foreigners can learn Japanese and Japanese can learn foreign language.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to i1abnrk For This Useful Post:

Okazaki (Yesterday)