Dont you think its time again...???
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    OS Lurker
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Honest opinion here,not directed at anyone,just a general,observation :
    I used to post in the forums here & there,but,
    due to the rules being as they are, you're encouraged to only use old forum threads,
    some which have 20+ pages. Which isn't exactly fun to look through.

Aswell as limitations on posting new threads & not double posting a thread of something that's already there
    (which makes sense, unless the previous one is 8 years old)
    I feel it disincentivizes new discussions/new people joining in, as it's only older members in there for the most part.

Some should probably be archived/locked to allow new ones to pick back up, I think,i'm not sure.

That and the general structure of the forums is pretty old school nowadays,which is already being worked on (thank you!)
    I don't talk on forums as much as I used to,either, times change I guess.

All in all i'm not really complaining,just observing, not too sure if my thought process came through well since i'm just blurting it out as I go along, but I hope it makes enough sense. It's complicated

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Xenciao For This Useful Post:

i1abnrk (03-29-2020)

Below Average

Upload
    3274 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries

Welcome back Bindu! I read most of the comments and here are my opinion.

1. The R16 change was implemented due to the number of anime series that are within the borderline of that rating. One of the best examples is Attack on Titan. Oh wait, it's even rated as R17. We urged the staff along with JBluey to have this changed in order to promote more open conversations in SB. Sadly, I don't think it work and one of the major reasons is, the lack of active members using the SB.

2. The mobile version was created and tested by few of the active members around that time. However, given that Jim is the sole developer of the entirety of the site, he had to juggle a lot of responsibilities in and out of OS. Thus, the other additional developments lined up for the mobile version were put into a halt.

3. Drama section -- aha! I used to upload dramas since most anime series were taken by lots of active uploaders. This has changed tremendously. Now, you can count the number of active uploaders with just your two hands. Furthermore, since we usually don't hit our donation goal, Jim and I had been discussing to remove the drama section altogether.

4. Events -- whooo. Witchleen and I had tried. However, there are no GFX staff to create badges and the major challenge we encountered, participation.

There are other factors which had been brought up by other members who replied. I could go on and on about the rest, which I'm pretty sure Jim and some active members here are 100% aware of. While we strive to liven-up the community, it is a tremendous challenge considering our site is being tagged as outdated, the people who used to actively contribute by uploading and just being active feels that it's no longer worth it to give so much time is truly heartbreaking.

We can only do so much. These are just my two cents.

I'm sure most who are still here values OS like it's their second home. So it's really saddening to see it die slowly.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dudette09 For This Useful Post:

CatTrain (03-30-2020), i1abnrk (03-26-2020), Xenciao (03-26-2020)

OS Supporter

The land of Milky Holmes and Honey-sempai
    Upload
    38 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I finally got a laptop which means I could do some uploading again maybe 1 or 2 shows per week

6. The Following User Says Thank You to i1abnrk For This Useful Post:

Bindu1000 (03-26-2020)

OS Most Powerful Witch

Upload
    2089 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Welcome Back! Wooot!

I agree on some of the comments. And I totally agree with Dudette's reply especially the events part. Anyway, Jim is currently working on with the OS V3 and I just hope that once he releases it then people would slowly come out an be active again. I heard a lot of people were asking for the new version, so let's hope that when it is done they will be active (or active again).

8. The Following User Says Thank You to witchLeen For This Useful Post:

Bindu1000 (03-26-2020)

OS Hollow Man

Upload
    444 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bindu1000 View Post

First of all ... a very warm and sincere ~THANK YOU~ for helping keep OS afloat for the next few months

Second on the list - I was wondering if there was any possibility of resurrecting OS to it gorgeous, fun glory days. There used to be a thriving community of members who used to chat and post threads and images and then suddenly ... it all went down :(

Of course we understand... we grow up, we get responsibilities and some of us even grow out of love of anime (*shocked gasp* yes I know it does happen ... or so I have heard) and I am the number one guilty person on the list. But we were hoping there would be new ones who would pick up the torch and carry on the tradition. So I am starting this thread with the hope that it may attract some kind of interactions.

What we are hoping is that if you like this site, then
    - Referrals or bring in new members
    - Try to start new threads or at least comment on an existing one
    - When you log into stream, try to chat if there are people on line

We started this site with just a 20 - 30 people and it grew to more than 30,000 being active at one time. Now we have about 100 active in watching anime but not active in anything else.

So shall we give it one more shot before we mourn the death of our beloved OS

~ALL HAIL OS~
    I have forgotten how to add images :(
    Years did passed traffic kinda slowed down since the hay days of OS.. i'm still here lurking tho..I AM THE INVISIBLE MAN OF OS!!! XD
    BloodyEnvy
    "let me be you Guardian, I'll guard your soul forever"
    *RULES* *FB* *FAQ*

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bloody Envy For This Useful Post:

Bindu1000 (03-26-2020)

Support Administrator Eh?

Upload
    5182 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,484 Times in 87 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Envy View Post
    Years did passed traffic kinda slowed down since the hay days of OS.. i'm still here lurking tho..I AM THE INVISIBLE MAN OF OS!!! XD
    So glad to see one of the oldies here!!!! XD

Open sesame :P

Upload
    26 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hehe, seeing all these comments made me want to write something as well XD

Well, I'm a lurker who joined back on 2012, back then I only knew 1 guy in here, now no one doesn't know me unless I was active after they stopped XD

I believe I was the one who actually made the SB go to r16 as I used to post lots about lolis and stuff like that, heck, I used to have an RP battle in the SB back then XD

DD may have forgotten what I've used to write, but I doubt my history is as clean as white sheet XD
    Spoiler for I dare you to click me!

Daydreamer~
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I've been here a long time, but I've always been more on the lurking side. In general I'm more of a timid person so I don't think to chat and post in the forums. I was so happy when I found OS back in the day :) It really was one of the only options for free without ad's everywhere. I tell all of my fellow anime lovers about OS..... unfortunately most of them use the bigger places like Crunchyroll, hulu, etc.... I try to recommend some older anime to them, that's something a lot of the new fancy streaming sites don't offer these days :)
    "Shining brightly, even for a split second, is better than living a dull-grey life for eternity."

Chicken fill Centipede!

Upload
    56 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Hello old friend!!!! Its lovely to see a few oldies around still. Its been 11 long years huh?
    Lol, yeah it's been a while, it's actually really heartwarming to see the site still running well :)
    "Now now my good man, this is not the time to be making enemies"

-Voltaire on his deathbed, in response to a priest asking him to renounce the devil

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PerkZ View Post
    I agree and that's what OS v3 is for. It is still on beta so try checking this thread for more information https://otaku-streamers.com/communit...rs-to-test-out and yes OS does have a FB page.

As for my part, I'd gladly help in donating if there was another way for Filipinos to donate.

I've checked out OS V3 and I really like it. It's pretty awesome. I do have to say, the people who run this site, develop stuff, upload everything, donate etc are my heroes. I spend a lot of time watching stuff and I occasionally post in the SB, but I'm really not super active in anything else. I wouldn't mind joining discussions but the forums looked pretty dead so I didn't really think I'd get much out of a discussion if I tried to start one.

I'll check out the FB page :)

16. The Following User Says Thank You to ikritiriax For This Useful Post:

Bindu1000 (03-29-2020)

OS Supporter

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Havnt posted alot of times here but thought id just add a few lines as well since this has been a very very appreciated site for me over the years. I still highly recommend it whenever i find out that someone is into anime and want to know where to find a good steaming site. There just isnt any site that i have found that gives you as much for so little as this one does.
    Sadly im not one to use forums but i have on several occations dontated money to this site to help do my little part in keeping it up and running.
    One of the reasons i dont use it as much is that sadly is that other sites post the episodes faster than this one and i have made a habit of using those since im impatient. But that being said whenever i find something that is abit older i always come back here since your library is really extensive and second to none since you dont have to worry about adds and other ****.
    Second reason i dont really use it much is that for some reason i cant cast anything from here to the tv from any of my mobile sources. dont know if that is a me issue or if its the site. That might be something that makes people use it more.

But regardless of how it goes i will always lurk in the background cus this is by far my favorite site and i have always loved it and hope that the site gets alot more traffic cus the tream behind it have really done an amazing job here and created something that is truly remarcable

The Awesomest Plushie
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Gotta love seeing a lot of the old generation still around here. I'm a lurker myself and rarely post. I do refer a lot of the people I know that like anime to OS. I see them using random streaming sites full of Ads and tell them to go here instead. Sadly though most of them are only interested in some of the more big name known anime(One Piece, Bleach, Naruto, etc) and not interested in much of anything else.

I've been popping on to the OSv3 and it is nice. I like the look of it. It's just sad that with anime becoming more mainstream you see it on all the different steaming apps but it's usually the newer shows. Some of those newer shows have bad computer animation that feels clunky and no where near as nice as some of the older style.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to SpazKaz For This Useful Post:

Bindu1000 (03-29-2020)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

1. I honestly thought you aren't supposed to share this site a lot due to the fact that streaming anime might not be the most "legal" thing out there.
    2. For me myself it did put me a bit off that the site as mentioned before by others felt rather old (I actually felt it has been somewhat abandoned) and I had fair bit of issues with streaming from this site (my streams kept cutting or were slow etc). However all of this is changing with the v3 which I gladly have tested and thrown my crazy ideas.

The one who glares at you
    Upload
    209 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bloody Envy View Post
    haha! you're not the only one lurking in the shadows :3
    let's pull up the old crew, is CB still alive?

22. The Following User Says Thank You to jailmon123 For This Useful Post:

Bindu1000 (03-29-2020)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Went inactive for a few years when i went active duty military. but as of this time, forums seem to just be an out dated method, and i would argue that archiving the forum section and just switching to a discord would be more effective. turning the site into just a streaming/review/shoutbox, and having a discord channel accompany it which would probably reach out to a wider audience now days.

As for what i remember, the high time of this site was before the moderators split and half left. that was when i can remembert the shoutbox being so active you had to pause your anime just to stay in the box as it only took 2 or 3 min for a message to be run off by more messages. bunnislipper being the name of a mod i remember the most just due to how active they were in the SB.

24. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to flarenight For This Useful Post:

Bindu1000 (03-29-2020), mspetkat (03-29-2020)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Y'all are my oasis in all the bully cruddy of my world. Sorry I don't really talk much.

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I agree.

A DISCORD WOULD BE AWESOME!!!

Upload
    5182 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jailmon123 View Post
    haha! you're not the only one lurking in the shadows :3
    let's pull up the old crew, is CB still alive?
    Chatbox is as dead as a door post XD. I am trying to clean up the old post and allow the new members to start again. I think this may help to bring in new activities

Unfortunately - with only Jim and dudette being the only real active tech staff ... there is little that can be done. You know me ... tech and me dont see eye to eye. All I can do is clean up and chat ... utterly useless I should say

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Bindu1000 For This Useful Post:

jailmon123 (03-29-2020)

Upload
    5182 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by flarenight View Post
    Went inactive for a few years when i went active duty military. but as of this time, forums seem to just be an out dated method, and i would argue that archiving the forum section and just switching to a discord would be more effective. turning the site into just a streaming/review/shoutbox, and having a discord channel accompany it which would probably reach out to a wider audience now days.

As for what i remember, the high time of this site was before the moderators split and half left. that was when i can remembert the shoutbox being so active you had to pause your anime just to stay in the box as it only took 2 or 3 min for a message to be run off by more messages. bunnislipper being the name of a mod i remember the most just due to how active they were in the SB.
    I was one of those people who stayed away due to personal reasons and nothing to do with the split on OS. It was a period of my life I needed to regroup. But in the famous words of the Terminator "Im baaaack~"

The one who glares at you
    Upload
    209 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Chatbox is as dead as a door post XD. I am trying to clean up the old post and allow the new members to start again. I think this may help to bring in new activities

Unfortunately - with only Jim and dudette being the only real active tech staff ... there is little that can be done. You know me ... tech and me dont see eye to eye. All I can do is clean up and chat ... utterly useless I should say
    ahh, the old golden days hahaha, seems like it just happened yesterday.
    well Cheers to Jim and Dudette for maintaining the site. I've been watching here for 10 years already hahaha