Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Support Administrator Eh?

Upload
    5182 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,486 Times in 87 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Dont you think its time again...???

First of all ... a very warm and sincere ~THANK YOU~ for helping keep OS afloat for the next few months

Second on the list - I was wondering if there was any possibility of resurrecting OS to it gorgeous, fun glory days. There used to be a thriving community of members who used to chat and post threads and images and then suddenly ... it all went down :(

Of course we understand... we grow up, we get responsibilities and some of us even grow out of love of anime (*shocked gasp* yes I know it does happen ... or so I have heard) and I am the number one guilty person on the list. But we were hoping there would be new ones who would pick up the torch and carry on the tradition. So I am starting this thread with the hope that it may attract some kind of interactions.

What we are hoping is that if you like this site, then
    - Referrals or bring in new members
    - Try to start new threads or at least comment on an existing one
    - When you log into stream, try to chat if there are people on line

We started this site with just a 20 - 30 people and it grew to more than 30,000 being active at one time. Now we have about 100 active in watching anime but not active in anything else.

So shall we give it one more shot before we mourn the death of our beloved OS

~ALL HAIL OS~
    I have forgotten how to add images :(
    Attached Images
    Last edited by jbluey; 03-25-2020 at 04:45 AM.

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Bindu1000 For This Useful Post:

Avykun (03-25-2020), Bloody Envy (03-26-2020), forecast (03-25-2020), jailmon123 (03-28-2020), johnhacker18 (03-31-2020), Jorta (03-28-2020), kagome (03-28-2020), Kirishima13 (04-01-2020), Kris Luna (03-25-2020), lilylily09 (03-28-2020), LoliCaptorSayanome (03-25-2020), marwello (03-25-2020), MavisAeriel (03-27-2020), PerkZ (03-25-2020), PotatoStyle (03-25-2020), ranmachua (03-27-2020), redblack (03-26-2020), RoyalBaka (03-26-2020), scarlet113 (03-25-2020), Skipress (03-30-2020), Sphinxu (03-30-2020), Vihmakass (03-25-2020), witchLeen (03-26-2020), ZetsuRavez (03-25-2020)

OS Supporter

The land of Milky Holmes and Honey-sempai
    Upload
    38 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well 2 observations: 1) the site officially went from pg-13 to r-16 awhile back and after that it was indexed lower in search ranks. 2) the switch to mobile, the forum isn't accessible.
    I've shown the site to people I know but anime is at a popularity now that there are big brand name sites that have lots of anime. Alot of people are now steaming from their TV or Chrome or FireTV whatever and there is anime all over the major apps for those platforms. Otaku-streamers doesn't work on FireTV, the video plays on the wrong layer or something but you can hear audio. Anyways a major shift from computers to smart devices for streaming content means OS isn't bringing in the youth. I don't let my son on my computer at all because he will change my wallpaper and change the passcode on the Nintendo Switch and subscribe to a bunch of idiots on my Youtube. TLDR-We are old coots with ancient machines.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to i1abnrk For This Useful Post:

Bindu1000 (03-25-2020), LoliCaptorSayanome (03-25-2020), MavisAeriel (03-27-2020)

Thanks

Are you guys going to shut the OS?please dont:(

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

true, i remember being scared to post comments on threads bec the moderators would post in my profile and that scared me as a kid haha since then ive been a lurker but changing my presence in OS wouldnt hurt
    ill try to be more active here and comment on threads as much as i can!

---------
    BTW, the last threads that i see in other topics were from 2012 or 2013
    guys please post more! let's make OS a nice place to hide away and not make it a ghost town were we just visit just to stream and such haha
    Last edited by scarlet113; 03-25-2020 at 07:36 AM.

もうー人の神だ!.
    Upload
    8273 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,339 Times in 146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by ishia04 View Post
    Are you guys going to shut the OS?please dont:(
    Nope as long we have the donations running. OS will still run. So really thanks to everyone and to the Donators :)

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbluey For This Useful Post:

LoliCaptorSayanome (03-25-2020), PotatoStyle (03-25-2020)

Upload
    5182 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I agree on the fact that this site going to R-16 didnt help at all. This did happen at a time I was not active and not too sure of the rationale but I guess people had their reasons and one thing is that we no longer had active people to moderate so we couldn't control the posts and monitor the forums. I also agree on this not being mobile friendly - I mean you can stream great on mobile but you cant post and stuff

However, we shouldn't forget this is purely the work of one great individual who does it for no profit and no thanks so I want to respect the decisions he makes :)

JBluey made this site when we didnt have anywhere else to go for free, advert free anime streaming and I for one was very grateful. It came at a time I was mourning the death of my mother and the many sleepless nights spent on OS with amazing friends helped me deal.

I was also an utter noob on all things internet and both Jim and Avich taught me so much ... I cannot forget this site!

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Bindu1000 For This Useful Post:

scarlet113 (03-26-2020)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I've definitely noticed a decline on this website and it's very unfortunate, but I know I'll be sticking around. Things can be moved in the right direction again with a little work, which seems to already be in process so kudos. The website does feel slightly dated compared to newer sites but from what I've seen in the works I think the future could be very bright for OS. The community can still be rebuilt again, there are still many people who are dedicated to this site. It's always proven time and time again when the donations are scarce or desperately needed. I'll make sure I'm doing my part here and that we can keep this site streaming for years to come. Thank you to all the staff and uploaders who continue to keep this precious site running!

Thanks

I think that the big problem is that the forum posting is built very old school on this site. It looks like forums from the early 2000s, before Facebook and Twitter were a thing. I think that if they were made more user friendly and you could have your own personal news feed or something like it does on Facebook/twitter/other social media giants, it might be more popular to chat on here.

Does Otaku Streamers have a FB page?

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ikritiriax For This Useful Post:

Bindu1000 (03-25-2020), i1abnrk (03-29-2020)

Chicken fill Centipede!

Upload
    56 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Been a while since was an active user but have a lot of time on my hands due to recent events (haha), will try to start a few discussions at least and see where it goes from there :) Thanks for keeping the site around
    "Now now my good man, this is not the time to be making enemies"

-Voltaire on his deathbed, in response to a priest asking him to renounce the devil

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bootwhistle For This Useful Post:

Bindu1000 (03-25-2020), ponycat (03-26-2020)

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ikritiriax View Post
    I think that the big problem is that the forum posting is built very old school on this site. It looks like forums from the early 2000s, before Facebook and Twitter were a thing. I think that if they were made more user friendly and you could have your own personal news feed or something like it does on Facebook/twitter/other social media giants, it might be more popular to chat on here.

I agree and that's what OS v3 is for. It is still on beta so try checking this thread for more information https://otaku-streamers.com/communit...rs-to-test-out and yes OS does have a FB page.

As for my part, I'd gladly help in donating if there was another way for Filipinos to donate.

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

17. The Following User Says Thank You to PerkZ For This Useful Post:

Bindu1000 (03-25-2020)

Upload
    5182 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bootwhistle View Post
    Been a while since was an active user but have a lot of time on my hands due to recent events (haha), will try to start a few discussions at least and see where it goes from there :) Thanks for keeping the site around
    Hello old friend!!!! Its lovely to see a few oldies around still. Its been 11 long years huh?

Upload
    5182 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ikritiriax View Post

Actually this site was updated in 2012/13 and at the time, it was cutting edge latest design ... but as mentioned before, when a few of us who kept the site going with posts and moderating dropped off due to personal commitments (for me - I started a new job and broke off with my BF who was very active on this site) there was no one to keep the momentum.

Also unlike other sites - there is no team of programmers and Admins working on OS - just our lone wolf JBluey and he too got married, had a baby girl (or at least his wife did :D) so there was no reason or time to update. But its still a very nice place and the only one so far that is still Advert free with fast streaming. There is no other site like this on the net!

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Please dont die! I've been using this site for a while now, but never really posted anything on the boards. Is there is anything i can do... :)

21. The Following User Says Thank You to oliverlayug For This Useful Post:

Bindu1000 (03-25-2020)

ExHorizon
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

It would be great to see people talking again on OS and welcoming newer members always put a smile on my face I really miss those times. With the work being done on OS V3 and people working on just keeping the community together with discussion topics, events etc.. the OS community can be built up again. Yes it does hurt to see people leave and forget OS after a while and that's understandable people come and go all the people that I recommend OS as a place for anime have already long forgotten about it and use more main stream sites, but for the ones still here I believe we can keep OS alive even if the road ahead is gonna be a long and bumpy one.
    Take me home.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Avykun For This Useful Post:

Bindu1000 (03-25-2020)

Upload
    5182 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Oh and OS has an FB page - just not very active at the moment :(

https://www.facebook.com/OtakuStreamers/

ExHorizon
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Wow thinking about it right now instead of doing nothing at work and just watching boring security cameras I could use that time to start discussions on OS
    Take me home.

26. The Following User Says Thank You to Avykun For This Useful Post:

Bindu1000 (03-25-2020)

OS Regular
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I lurk by nature, even during the glory days I have only been active in the shoutbox.
    I'm not saying I won't help but I will only comment on threads not start it. I also have to learn how to draw so that takes most of my time.
    I'm happy to respond to thread, especially if it interest me, so I will support those vanguards who want to lead as much as I can.

I doubt I could fall out of love of anime and OS. XD

28. The Following User Says Thank You to forecast For This Useful Post:

Bindu1000 (03-25-2020)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i almost exclusively use it for streaming and sometimes i try to discuss on the forum, but OS is lacking modern make overs, forums are mostly dead. video player is a pain in the *** to use becase hotkeys are not integrated, i still love it, and will try to donate more money on the future i ahve only donated once in like the 6 years i have been here liching your hard work.

30. The Following User Says Thank You to hnnryy For This Useful Post:

Bindu1000 (03-25-2020)

Upload
    5182 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

[QUOTE=hnnryy;914444]i almost exclusively use it for streaming and sometimes i try to discuss on the forum, but OS is lacking modern make overs, forums are mostly dead. video player is a pain in the *** to use becase hotkeys are not integrated, i still love it, and will try to donate more money on the future i ahve only donated once in like the 6 years i have been here liching your hard work.[/QUOTE

Hey dont be so harsh :) Dont forget this is still the only free non advert site out there and all the hard work is done by one person. You can have easier sites but then you have to deal with ads, ne?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bindu1000 View Post
    Hey dont be so harsh :) Dont forget this is still the only free non advert site out there and all the hard work is done by one person. You can have easier sites but then you have to deal with ads, ne?
    I agree, I also wish there would be events again like the old days, too sad I was not able to participate in any of them.

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama