Japan 2019

Thread: Japan 2019

OS Legendary Donator
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Talking Japan 2019

Made a third trip to Japan. Headed south from Tokyo, again. Osaka, Nara, Hiroshima, Kobe, Kyoto, and Mt. Fuji (didn't climb it this time) are the big names visited. I've put up the curated pics https://imgur.com/a/vxO1iul]Imgur. I met a friend there, the very one who got me into anime. :) Best trip yet!
    "Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."
    -Edsger Dijkstra

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skipachu For This Useful Post:

Avykun (12-15-2019), Tiotsh (12-14-2019)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Very pleasant pictures to look at! I have yet to spend an autumn in Japan, looks fantastic!

ExHorizon
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Man I remember the last time you went to Japan must of been the 2nd trip and you got some post cards. I still have the Mt.Fuji card you got me :D. I gotta spend a trip to Japan one of these days glad you had fun.
    Take me home.

OS Legendary Donator
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I think I preferred the spring trip. The first one with sakura blossoms all over. Though, after a while, you realize the things grow everywhere, like weeds. LOL. But the weather was nice and the hotel rates weren't horribly inflated yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Avykun View Post
    Man I remember the last time you went to Japan must of been the 2nd trip..
    That was my first trip, when I headed southwest from Tokyo to explore on my own. :) Went by myself and had fun. My second trip was last year, climbing Fuji with my bro and heading north. This was my third trip, heading southwest again.
    "Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."
    -Edsger Dijkstra

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

dang! japan looks majestic!

how was the climb?

Chase your dreams better yet, Stab it with a spear!

OS Legendary Donator
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

The climb was actually pretty easy... About 10k feet up (of the 12k summit) I slowed down quite a bit. You definitely notice the oxygen getting thin. Take a few steps and feel completely out of breath. Wait a minute and feel fine again. Take 10 steps and out of breath again. After a while, i got used to it and could keep walking without resting again. But, being winded so easily was something I've never felt before. The way back down sucked, though. There's a separate path for descending. It's very steep and covered in loose gravel. My hips complained the most and I felt like an old man with arthritis about halfway down. It was a very slow walk back to the bus. Stepped off the bus at 8am and barely made the 8pm bus out. 12 hours (with 2 hours sitting at the summit) from beginning to end.
    -Edsger Dijkstra

Thanks

Damn such wonderful scenery. It's my goal to go to such places, thanks for giving me some ideas to where to go! It looks wonderful

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama