OS has felt empty...
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Chest inspector
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Been a long time lurker that used to be active years ago, it is kind of sad to see how empty this place has become over the years.
    A moose with a cause

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

haven't logged in for quite some time my self. i miss the OS family.
    i hope the new breed of anime lovers makes OS shine brighter than ever!

Cheers! i miss everyone!

Chase your dreams better yet, Stab it with a spear!

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I haven't been able to be around much either due to college and work and all that, but I've missed it. With everything I've been doing, it's been hard to even watch my beloved anime and dramas. Definitely going to have to work on making some time for OS again. Life feels so empty without it.
    "Forget the lingering darkness in your scars
    and pour so much light into everything you touch,
    the universe will have to create brighter stars
    once you're gone."
    -D. Antoinette Foy

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Koryuu For This Useful Post:

phantom662 (03-10-2019)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I agree with you! Haha. Reminiscing the past OS makes you feel alive again and wanting to come back is possible even though its not our golden aged. XD. Life without watching an anime or drama makes you feel empty.
    Spoiler :  

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I am always lurking in OS, watching anime in my free time. I love this site and hopefully it will become more active like the old days

Ichihara Yuuko
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

We have to accept the fact each one of us has different responsibilities.
    someday, OS will make noise and a new generation arise.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RoyalBaka For This Useful Post:

Sphinxu (05-14-2019)

Eating Chocolates NomNom Hotaru's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

you're right. lurkers all over the place
    With every action, there's an equal and opposite reaction

Thanks

This place is kinda dead. I had another account here but can no longer access it. Been around since 2013 and back then it was pretty active.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I turned 30 this year.
    I have been here since around 2011spring/summer.
    before that I would try many pages but they would all disappear or their videos would be deleted in a week or two.
    Back then I was in college, no money, no job... My life was so boring I felt like I would go crazy if there wasn't anime.
    For a year I went to China so I couldn't watch much anime but after I returned my country I was back where I was.
    I always thought I would donate some money as thanks to being there for me when nobody was.
    but when I moved out and started working 3 years ago I saw that neither time, energy or mone was enough.
    In fact when it comes to money people are so hypocrite that I had to fight all these 3 years just to keep my record clean.
    Finally my (ex)boss fired everybody and hid everything. Paid people nothing. Now I am suing hime yet it is useless.
    Looking for a job again.
    I am trying to keep my sanity again.
    There is nothing much useful except anime.
    I tell you drugs are not a solution. Family or friends also not a solution.
    There is nothing much can be done actually unless you want to become criminal for someone worthless.
    So anime is one single thing if you want to try not to think much and pass time without getting mad while you looking for new opportunities.
    I was trying to help unicef with a small about since last year but I had to close my credit card as well.
    Said all that, even after 8 years I feel worried this site would disappear one day. The fact that I can look back on my watchlog and peaceful community(even if i don't join discussions) I kind of feel attached.
    Everything aside, there so many titles here that I think itwould feel like destruction of a library like in history.
    Is there a solid backup of content?
    How much space does it take for example all anime?

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

yeah i noticed for a almost half a day no one is posting etc but i see activity in SB..

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Justinian View Post
    This place is kinda dead. I had another account here but can no longer access it. Been around since 2013 and back then it was pretty active.
    That was the same for me, i had an old account it was really long time ago that i forgot i had one. Now (this account) with records back to zero i need to catch up fast and btw i'm glad i'm seeing new forum posts that need to be checked xD keep it up ;)

somewhere in the philippines(I wish I was in akihabara)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I still remember the days when we all say "ALL HAIL OS"!! Those were good times.
    If the ideal world can be found in a bad game, it can be found in the real world as well.

Surprised Owl
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I've been coming back now and then to this wonderful website. If the last donation rush proved anything, it's that there's still a lot of love to go around here. OS was a very unique kind of streaming website when it came out and continues to be to this day, the way it doesn't try to consume you in ads and viruses while letting enjoy high quality content.

The community is pretty cool as well! I spent of number of years logging in just to wish happy birthday to people

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I hope everyone who used to be so active and strived to make OS a lively and welcoming site--is doing good and well. Although there are many that I miss for they made up a lot of my years growing up, I'll never forget their words of encouragement. OS is still a home to me regardless of all the years that has passed and I'm sure it is for a lot of people as well.

So for all the people who keep donating to keep OS alive, thank you so much and God bless! All Hail OS!

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Well honestly i don't post much in forums anymore aside from a few wargaming ones for battle reports and the like. as one of the old guard fans who started my addiction back in around 1980 as a kid, I love OS since it has so many shows including the older ones from the 80's and 90's. funny thing is - I tell all kinds of people about it and it seems like nobody knows it exists.

One thing we really need to do is keep it around by supporting the servers. if everybody could give even $5 a month- even just up to the goal- it would be excellent considering how many members we have.

Even with my vast collection over the last 30 years of shows on DVD, VHS, and even laser disc, all the Japanese manga, artbooks, toys, models and figures...without OS there is no way I could afford to keep up with or even know about all the shows I like or have come to like because of this site. I don't want to loose it.

well I'm off to watch an episode while I have time.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm still around! I rarely see new stuff in the forums, but I'm happy to see there's at least some activity still. I remember when OS was flooded with activity. I miss those days.
    ~I would have loved anyone so long as I became dependent on him.~

OS Vampire

Upload
    1795 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,900 Times in 362 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by weisner21 View Post
    I still remember the days when we all say "ALL HAIL OS"!! Those were good times.

All hail OS!

I kinda wished the forums would've breathed new life. I miss those days when I'd see either me or Snoozy filling up the list of recent posts every few minutes here and there.. discussions used to be nice too :c
    Guys I'm a retired staff member, don't come to me for username changes anymore xD its funny having to reply to personal messages 3 months old HAHAHA

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Kobowo For This Useful Post:

Shinkai Kouru (07-03-2019)

Thanks

Very active lurker, but never got the foot in to post... Can't find my niech of people with so many choices lol.
    I hope I find that group (those users) in the future.

Thanks

I visited regularly about three years ago until school and working became top priorities. While it's quiet here, it's nice to see that we're still up and running.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I definitely feel this. I actually just returned, literally just now to take a look around. It's been like 3-4 years since I was last on here. Doubt anyone at all could remember me, maybe not. We're all adults now. I was just a kid when I was originally on here, still in Highschool.
    I feel like we've all become adults, and gotten into life. Or we've just gotten busy and were already adults.

I'm honestly surprised I still remembered my old login. I'm surprised I even still see familiar names around here. We all have stuff to do, and this isn't the "glory days" for OS anymore. However, that doesn't mean this place can't come back. It would just take some effort. We would need to advertise, put up popular anime faster and even possibly look into hosting Manga. There are a few things that could be done. Hell, I've started a clothing line based on Manga/Anime so trust me I know a little bit about this stuff haha.

Either way, I may come back to frequenting around here and would be happy to see some familiar names. OS meant a lot to me growing up and helped shape me into who I am today. Long live OS.
    It's been a long time.