How do you manage to live your lives while watching anime?
    Thanks

Default How do you manage to live your lives while watching anime?

Just wanted to ask this question, because I am really more worried about myself and my future, since I watch anime without much restraint, I would like to know how everyone else has managed to do it, or have been successful by their own definition, or how does everyone schedule their lives to fit anime, work, and etc.
    Cause without trying to reveal too much about myself, I am a college student, and I am worried about how my grades will suffer, because I like to watch anime.

Thank you very much in advanced.

Thanks
    Blog Entries

i basically cram and procrastinate everything and sometimes, while waiting during breaks, i watch anime. :) or read manga

Thanks

Well its all about restraining yourself and setting priorities.

I know a guy who dropped out of university because he was playing too much Playstation, I also know a guy who got divorced because he couldn't stop playing World of Warcraft. Those are exceptions but it happens when people lose control over their lives.

Media is a good escape from reality, especially if reality is shitty. However, no matter if books, movies or games it shouldn't prevent someone to live their lives and forget everything. It's better to get a grip and manage to schedule your daily life accordingly, for example allowing yourself to just watch Anime between 8pm and 11pm.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spiritogre For This Useful Post:

mspetkat (11-12-2019), xuei0000 (11-28-2018)

Kawaii Alluka's Onii-chan

Kukuroo Mountain, Dentora, Republic of Padokia
    Upload
    578 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I agree with @Spiritogre. *nods*

You can have a planner, try Google Calendar and plan out your day or set rules. Or set your router to turn off your internet or block certain sites on certain hours (my router can do that).

And if you break them, give a punishment to yourself like not watching anime for a week or not eating your favorite food for a week.

Most importantly, study first. Do not focus on something that won't make your life great.

I've grown watching anime, and honestly, you really have nothing to lose if you don't watch it all the time.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritogre View Post
    Well its all about restraining yourself and setting priorities.

I know a guy who dropped out of university because he was playing too much Playstation, I also know a guy who got divorced because he couldn't stop playing World of Warcraft. Those are exceptions but it happens when people lose control over their lives.

Media is a good escape from reality, especially if reality is shitty. However, no matter if books, movies or games it shouldn't prevent someone to live their lives and forget everything. It's better to get a grip and manage to schedule your daily life accordingly, for example allowing yourself to just watch Anime between 8pm and 11pm.
    The most important thing one should have is Self-Discipline. As what @Spiritogre said you should really restrain yourself and not make is a habit that will basically damage or ruin your life.

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

OS chef in the making
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Very hectically. Atm I have no internet so I either have to crash at my friends to use my laptop or go to the library. I don't like using the OS mobile page because once I start an ep I can't pause it.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I agree with the other posts, its about restraining the urge to binge watch. I, myself, have had trouble restraining myself. Many nights binge watching a great anime because I want more XD

- Soar high -
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

It is a matter of prioritize that certain situation which you wont regret it until the end. So far, those past 2 years that I didn't open my account because I prioritize my studies rather than watching anime. Be conscious to surrounding to avoid conflict.
    Last edited by RoyalBaka; 04-26-2019 at 03:44 AM. Reason: additional

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I just come on every night after work and watch 1 show/episode...sometimes I do more than 1 if it hits a really dramatic point/cliff hanger...like the end of season 1 of aldnoah zero.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm also in college so I can relate. Generally, after I finish studying or doing my homework, I reward myself with a few episodes if it's not too late, and I watch on weekends or days off if I can.

Basically, prioritize studies and use whatever extra time you have to watch anime, as a reward, of sorts.
    ~I would have loved anyone so long as I became dependent on him.~

OS Supporter
    Thanks

I usually will prioritize my hw first in order of what is first due, then look at days I am scheduled to work at my workstudy job. If I have any free time it's usually near the end of the week and the weekend.

However, because I have 2 more weeks left of Winter break I don't have to prioritize things as much yet.
    I already bought my textbooks needed for Spring and I'm getting my haircut tomorrow.

That way I can continue to enjoy my anime watching until I return on the 20th.
    We all figure out how to enjoy anime and live life in our own ways.

I'm sure that you can keep your grades strong and still enjoy anime.

It's a lot of work but you can do it. ^^

Kuroyukihime
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

before my much more priority is anime even I still studying at school I don't know why but much more I know myself is like a daily inspiration for me to watch at least one episode per day or read at least one chapter per day, as days goes by and graduate at school it change a bit of priority when do you have work it change from anime to give me more sleep but as long as why do I work hard it's still because of anime and to travel to Japan someday, is like a lot of things happening around but it gives you more reason why you study and why you work for me anime story inspires me to go on and enjoy life and balance it, nothing is wrong if your an otaku as long as you balance your daily life