How well do you know Japanese Language?
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default How well do you know Japanese Language?

So... I was wondering how well the members of the os community is on Japanese Language since most if not all of us have been watching anime... I have been since I was a young girl..and that is primarily the reason why I enrolled in a Japanese Language Class.
    I studied in my home country once a week for 9 months..and am now able to understand basic japanese conversation.. I am still working on my N5 level..i wasnt able to take the exam December last year and July this year unfortunately...

How about you?

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Risse For This Useful Post:

HERNALIA (10-28-2016)

The Finest Wine
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

How well do I know the Japanese language? I don't LOL. All I know is simple greetings, and the intro to the sponsors in anime (the message after the opening theme)
    Glitter Is The Herpes Of Art; You May Think It's Gone, But It Always Comes Back

4. The Following User Says Thank You to purpledrank For This Useful Post:

HERNALIA (10-28-2016)

Watashitachi ga nemurimas areko's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

i could understand basic Japanese conversation and the hiragana and katakana writings also i know the use of the particles and the date, time, month and etc .. the only thing im confused about was the STPOVQ format if i am to construct a sentence.
    "When I said that I cleaned my room, I just meant I made a path from the doorway to my bed."
    わたし のー やくそく する わ
    ゑあ ゑあ が みる を そー が じうぶん な

6. The Following User Says Thank You to areko For This Useful Post:

HERNALIA (10-28-2016)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by areko View Post
    i could understand basic Japanese conversation and the hiragana and katakana writings also i know the use of the particles and the date, time, month and etc .. the only thing im confused about was the STPOVQ format if i am to construct a sentence.
    Just keep in mind that in constructing japanese sentences subject/object always comes first and verb goes last...
    Ex. "Let's go to Japan" which translates to "Nihon ni ikimashou". where Nihon=Japan is the subject and ikimashou=(let's) go is the verb...
    Most of the time in Subject-Verb sentences...Japanese sentence tends to have the opposite arrangement with that of English...
    Although I must say conversational japanese is very different and difficult to learn than the formal and basic one taught in language schools.

I'm not good in speaking it myself but i can say i'm way better when writing... huehuehue

8. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Risse For This Useful Post:

areko (10-27-2016), HERNALIA (10-28-2016), localnowhere (10-27-2016)

Watashitachi ga nemurimas areko's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

that was very useful thanks
    "When I said that I cleaned my room, I just meant I made a path from the doorway to my bed."
    わたし のー やくそく する わ
    ゑあ ゑあ が みる を そー が じうぶん な

10. The Following User Says Thank You to areko For This Useful Post:

HERNALIA (10-28-2016)

Thanks

I think I know Japanese fairly well, though its hard to tell since I don't get to use it. I took several classes, since I needed a language and can understand most of what is said in anime. I probably have forgotten a lot of the grammar and don't know many kanji though. Definitely need to go back and review some stuff.
    ​

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by yami uzume View Post
    I think I know Japanese fairly well, though its hard to tell since I don't get to use it. I took several classes, since I needed a language and can understand most of what is said in anime. I probably have forgotten a lot of the grammar and don't know many kanji though. Definitely need to go back and review some stuff.
    Anime, as my sensei would always tell me, is informal in some way...it's like using a jargon or something that is not mostly used in formal conversations...although there are those which are decent... those with correct words, pronunciation and grammar...but yep...most of the animes are not more or less used in conversations here... there are exceptions though...

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Risse View Post
    Anime, as my sensei would always tell me, is informal in some way...it's like using a jargon or something that is not mostly used in formal conversations...although there are those which are decent... those with correct words, pronunciation and grammar...but yep...most of the animes are not more or less used in conversations here... there are exceptions though...
    Yeah, I've heard that anime isn't a good way to learn a few times and I highly doubt that I would be able to hold a conversation even though I know the words, sentence structure etc. Seems kind of strange that, despite largely being targeted for teen audiences, anime doesn't use common speech patterns.
    ​

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

By reading subtitle of what they are speaking.. lol
    "Trust your own instinct. Your mistake might as well be your own, instead of someone else's" - Billy Wilder

OS Most Powerful Witch

Upload
    2089 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

How well do I know Japanese? Like 1%. I only know few words from greetings and such. I do want to learn the language though. It's just that when I start to learn the basic, my head hurts. LOL

=>LURKER OF THE DARK OS<=
    Upload
    195 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

hmm ! i only know the greeting and basic conversation like the others ! i do like to learn the language though !

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I can only understand some words/sentences here and there. I want to learn more though.
    ~I would have loved anyone so long as I became dependent on him.~