Should I just get a cheap 200$ laptop or save up for something more?
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default Should I just get a cheap 200$ laptop or save up for something more?

I personally am very minimalistic in my computer use. I had a 500+ dollar laptop that broke down recently, And I couldn't even move it. I had a secondary monitor set up to it, and I used it primarily for nothing. I had no interest in using it (wooden chair, no leg room, had to have fan pushed against table to compensate for over-heating) I have this laptop, my school's laptop, which is a 750 dollar macbook air and to be honest I don't Know why they gave us such a huge amount of tech, we really just need a cheaper one, haha. But here's what I do on a laptop.

- Watch anime
    - Download chrome browser (of course)
    - listen to music
    - Download memes and the such

What I don't do

- Play vidya games
    - Download videos, or anything other than dank mayams, and even those are occasional
    - be on for like 5+ hours a day, generally I'm on for like 2, and that's collectively (I'm a busy human)

I'm conflicted because I don't know If I should save for a very enjoyable experience that I'm not going to fully enjoy or a bunch of necessary evils, but be able to do all the things I'd do on the expensive one.

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

In my humble opinion, it almost sounds like a tablet might be a better fit for you, unless you simply wanted a larger screen. Even using a convertible tablet that you could hook a keyboard up to and use as a laptop if needed might be a cheaper alternative than going for a low/mid grade laptop.

I've experienced having a $400 laptop, an $800 laptop, and my current $1350 Dell XPS laptop. I'd hands-down prefer the Dell XPS I have now over all the others, but I'm an incredibly impatient person when it comes to tech, and am usually willing to pay a bunch of extra money if it means I never have to see a "load screen". Time is money, and I have very little free time these days to spend waiting on a computer that can't keep up with me. :)

I will say this: if you're conflicted, go with a more expensive/beefier option. The reason being is that you can be a lot more certain that you won't be disappointed in it.

Cheers,
    LV