Streaming Servers
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 30
  1. #1
    Below Average


    Dudette09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Six Feet Under
    Posts
    927
    Upload
    3274 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    8
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Streaming Servers


    Hi guys! We have slight issues regarding three of our streaming servers. Tokyo, Romania and Ukraine are currently not working and it's best NOT to choose any of these servers.

    Jim is currently working on getting them fixed but for the mean time, please just use the rest of the servers and select the server near your location.

    Should you have questions or concerns, please post them below. We apologize for this inconvenience and we thank you for understanding.


    All hail OS!!

  2. The Following 25 Users Say Thank You to Dudette09 For This Useful Post:

    asd2525 (06-06-2016), Avykun (06-05-2016), Ceres (06-06-2016), Dragoon Ace (06-06-2016), FAT4LS (06-08-2016), Gunshi (06-06-2016),
    kaylee1234
     (06-06-2016), Kris Luna (06-08-2016), LeahTaichou (06-06-2016), LoliCaptorSayanome (06-06-2016), martindude (06-06-2016), ministrer (06-09-2016), neilwawa (06-05-2016), PerkZ (06-18-2016), purpledrank (06-06-2016), ranmachua (06-10-2016), Revirie (06-06-2016), Risse (10-20-2016), RoyalBaka (06-08-2016), SashaFierce (06-05-2016), satsuirakuen (06-06-2016), silentcry07 (06-06-2016), Soooo (06-11-2016), witchLeen (06-06-2016), ZetsuRavez (06-06-2016)

  3. #2
    Nihilistic Sadist Revirie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Solitary Confinement
    Posts
    653
    Otaku Lvl
    7
    Thanks
    85
    Thanked 46 Times in 42 Posts

    Default

    Oh well i never use them anyway just the "Main" one

  4. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Posts
    1,053
    Otaku Lvl
    4
    Thanks
    99
    Thanked 378 Times in 263 Posts
    Blog Entries
    2

    Default

    Never had any problems with the glorious Rhodesia server.

  5. #4
    OS Regular azurada15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philipines
    Posts
    42
    Otaku Lvl
    7
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 8 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Dudette-sama what anime on that picture?

  6. #5
    OS Regular gantoine's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Dumaguete City, Negros Oriental
    Posts
    128
    Otaku Lvl
    8
    Thanks
    8
    Thanked 9 Times in 7 Posts
    Blog Entries
    4

    Default

    theres streaming problem on the main server also. . . it stops halfway while streaming, even though the buffer shows its complete -_-
    "I am the ruler of my fate, And the Commander of my Soul."

  7. #6
    Ziqurd Gunshi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Underworld
    Posts
    289
    Otaku Lvl
    6
    Thanks
    68
    Thanked 18 Times in 18 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azurada15 View Post
    Dudette-sama what anime on that picture?
    I'm not Dudette but here ya go, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress.

    Sheryl Nome is love; Sheryl Nome is life! :'>

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to Gunshi For This Useful Post:

    azurada15 (06-06-2016)

  9. #7
    Planeswalker
    satsuirakuen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    641
    Otaku Lvl
    7
    Thanks
    942
    Thanked 495 Times in 151 Posts

    Default

    Arigatou na Du-chiyanne! Daisuki!

  10. #8
    OS Regular azurada15's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Cebu, Philipines
    Posts
    42
    Otaku Lvl
    7
    Thanks
    16
    Thanked 8 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gunshi View Post
    I'm not Dudette but here ya go, Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress.

    Sheryl Nome is love; Sheryl Nome is life! :'>


    Gunshi i watch Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress. but i never seen than character...!

  11. #9
    Novice Uploader
    silentcry07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    228
    Upload
    173 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    8
    Thanks
    52
    Thanked 18 Times in 15 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azurada15 View Post
    Dudette-sama what anime on that picture?
    its a fan art of warlock class, it dont have anime though...

    Dudette-sama~ thanks...
    Last edited by silentcry07; 06-06-2016 at 05:03 AM. Reason: incomplete.

  12. The Following User Says Thank You to silentcry07 For This Useful Post:

    azurada15 (06-06-2016)

  13. #10
    OS Regular martindude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Under the left giant mushroom
    Posts
    37
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 5 Times in 3 Posts

    Default

    I have always used auto select, never had any issues since the great purge. I appreciate your great work at maintaining this site! :)
    "WHY ISN'T IT WORKING??!"

  14. #11
    Anime Revolutionist
    LastVanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    372
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 113 Times in 76 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    To offer a little outside technical insight on this (for what it's worth..).

    The different servers besides the main server are actually just proxies back to the main server, if I understand things correctly. The main reason Jim did things this way is that while the proxy will ALWAYS be slower than the actual main server, it helps get around the problem of if your ISP has throttled bandwidth or services to specific hosts, or routing through specific networks to get to specific hosts. In non-technical terms - it gives you options around the issue of if your ISP has throttled your bandwidth back to the main server.

    I guess my question is: are the other servers/proxies necessary? I can understand having a proxy for countries that have notoriously bad ISP service (such as the Philippines), but for all the traveling I've done both in the U.S. and around the world, I've yet to run into a network connection that won't let me use the main server.

    (**really technical jargon ALERT**) If this feature is necessary, it might be a better idea to switch to using a type of IP Anycast service to do this, as opposed to having several different proxy servers that OS has to pay money separately for. I believe Cloudflare offers a service similar to this, but other vendors do as well.

    In any case, just throwing an idea out there that might save Jim some time/headache, and save OS some money.

  15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LastVanguard For This Useful Post:

    FAT4LS (06-08-2016), jbluey (06-06-2016)

  16. #12
    OS Regular wright405's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    my own world
    Posts
    134
    Otaku Lvl
    6
    Thanks
    51
    Thanked 71 Times in 27 Posts

    Default

    its all good keep up the great work!!
    hello there! whats up?

  17. #13
    The Inspector
    Canon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    58
    Otaku Lvl
    7
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the info
    OSchabo Brigade

  18. #14
    もうー人の神だ!.
    jbluey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Otaku-Streamers ^^
    Posts
    1,126
    Upload
    8273 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    8
    Thanks
    388
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 146 Posts

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LastVanguard View Post
    To offer a little outside technical insight on this (for what it's worth..).

    The different servers besides the main server are actually just proxies back to the main server, if I understand things correctly. The main reason Jim did things this way is that while the proxy will ALWAYS be slower than the actual main server, it helps get around the problem of if your ISP has throttled bandwidth or services to specific hosts, or routing through specific networks to get to specific hosts. In non-technical terms - it gives you options around the issue of if your ISP has throttled your bandwidth back to the main server.

    I guess my question is: are the other servers/proxies necessary? I can understand having a proxy for countries that have notoriously bad ISP service (such as the Philippines), but for all the traveling I've done both in the U.S. and around the world, I've yet to run into a network connection that won't let me use the main server.

    (**really technical jargon ALERT**) If this feature is necessary, it might be a better idea to switch to using a type of IP Anycast service to do this, as opposed to having several different proxy servers that OS has to pay money separately for. I believe Cloudflare offers a service similar to this, but other vendors do as well.

    In any case, just throwing an idea out there that might save Jim some time/headache, and save OS some money.
    That was really my plan before but as far as i read about those services. the price is around 20-50$/TB which we can't afford. that is why i used VPS to do those stuff.. which only cost 5-20$/VPS [depending on which country.] (taking advantage of there UNLIMITED offer) but yea some of them capped / limit our bandwidth. its running fine over 6 months. maybe they found out about this.

    I guess my question is: are the other servers/proxies necessary? I can understand having a proxy for countries that have notoriously bad ISP service (such as the Philippines), but for all the traveling I've done both in the U.S. and around the world, I've yet to run into a network connection that won't let me use the main server.
    im not 100% sure about on other countries. but in PH some of our ISP stream very slow on Main server.

  19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to jbluey For This Useful Post:

    Dudette09 (06-06-2016), FAT4LS (06-08-2016), Revirie (06-07-2016)

  20. #15
    Below Average


    Dudette09's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Six Feet Under
    Posts
    927
    Upload
    3274 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    8
    Thanks
    134
    Thanked 1,342 Times in 257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by azurada15 View Post
    Dudette-sama what anime on that picture?
    Actually, I just randomly picked the photo so I'm not sure. Gomene. I just thought, imagine Jim looking like a smexy red haired warlock piercing through the magic book to eliminate bugs. Nyahahaha!
    Last edited by Dudette09; 06-06-2016 at 11:54 PM.

  21. #16
    OS Citizen reese109's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Phillipines
    Posts
    219
    Otaku Lvl
    7
    Thanks
    75
    Thanked 40 Times in 37 Posts
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default

    I usually use Ukraine as my Main server because it is lot faster than other.. Thank you for the updating us.. :) Keep it up senpai~

  22. #17
    Anime Revolutionist
    LastVanguard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    372
    Thanks
    60
    Thanked 113 Times in 76 Posts
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by jbluey View Post
    That was really my plan before but as far as i read about those services. the price is around 20-50$/TB which we can't afford. that is why i used VPS to do those stuff.. which only cost 5-20$/VPS [depending on which country.] (taking advantage of there UNLIMITED offer) but yea some of them capped / limit our bandwidth. its running fine over 6 months. maybe they found out about this.
    That does bring up a good point, since it's possible they've noticed a large amount of streaming traffic coming through those proxies.

    Using SSL on the traffic might get you around that. It'd be a nice feature if ISPs couldn't see what I'm doing on this site, since the traffic would be encrypted.

    If you want an SSL cert to that effect, I can pay for one. It's a small service, considering what OS does for all of us.

  23. #18
    OS' Red-Haired Adventurer KusanagiShir's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    San Rafael, CA
    Posts
    91
    Otaku Lvl
    6
    Thanks
    4
    Thanked 165 Times in 16 Posts

    Default

    Any ETA on this and SB repairs?
    Otaku Streamers' unofficial #1 Ys fan & Expert

    Visit My Backloggery!

  24. #19
    Anime Lover ranmachua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Anime world
    Posts
    1,279
    Otaku Lvl
    7
    Thanks
    957
    Thanked 247 Times in 214 Posts

    Default

    Thanks for the notice. Hope everything turns out fine soon.

  25. #20
    He Who Must Not Be Named FAT4LS's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Ahjin Guild
    Posts
    620
    Otaku Lvl
    8
    Thanks
    113
    Thanked 90 Times in 72 Posts

    Default

    the server im currently using is just fine, but there are times when it stop working. it rarely happens..for now :)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •