Iphone Hacktivation
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Question Iphone Hacktivation

Hey. I have been quite of fond of cellphones and experiment on them. I bought an Iphone 4 (stolen) running on ios 7.1.2. I wanted to activate it and use a different sim from the carrier. I was really doing well with the start. I ran SSH.jar then deleted the set-up in WinScp but then when I was about to kick it out of recovery from TinyUmbrella, it didn't work. Tiny did not recognize the phone. I tried redsnow but the firmware that I downloaded wasn't also recognized it. I can't used ITUNES either. Please help me. I have been fixing this for 3 days.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to GeekyOtaku For This Useful Post:

kusakeen (04-22-2016)

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I'm a complete noob when it comes to iPhones (but know a fair deal of what I'm doing with the Windows and Linux operating systems), so take this for what it's worth.

It sounds like there's a bad firmware install on the phone right now which is probably causing your issue. The problem is going to be getting the phone to enough of a functional state that you can interface it with something that recognizes it to flash the firmware again to try and fix the problem, and to be honest, I'm not sure if you'll be able to do that.

Can you even "see" the phone from your computer right now if you connect it? If you can, you might be able to forcibly switch it to another firmware version - there's a few different tools available online for doing this. If you can't even get that far, you're beyond the level of what I'd know to troubleshoot. I'd say to engage Apple at that point, but you mentioned it's a stolen phone, so that might not go over so well.. :)