Shounen Onmyouji Review
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default Shounen Onmyouji Review

**SOME SPOILERS AHEAD**

(i'm the type of person that wants to avoid writing spoilers, but in this i'm not sure if it will be spoiler/s to you or not so i'm putting that sign above just in case ^^)

[SHOUNEN ONMYOUJI]

Plot: Masahiro is the grandson of the great onmyouji, Abe no Seimei. However, he lost his sixth sense that enables him to see supernatural beings, which is very important for an onmyouji. Thus, he is left with no choice but to try and pick a different career. But one day, a strange mononoke appears, which he names Mokkun, who shows him his true potential powers after fighting a demon. With the assistance of Mokkun, his quest to become the greatest onmyouji begins.

Genre: Action, Fantasy, Supernatural, Comedy, Historical

PLOT/STORY: (10/10)
    The first time i read the plot/summary, it made me so curious that i watched it right away and in just one-sitting. I lost my counts on how many times i watch this anime! For me, this anime is quite underrated, i even introduced this anime to some of my otaku friends to watch it, but of course we have different preferences. This is one of my favorite anime!
    *spoiler alert*
    Spoiler :  

MUSIC: (10/10)
    I absolutely love the songs, especially the opening song! I even memorized it! I'm not sure but everytime i hear the song, it makes me calm. For me, both songs (opening & ending) match well with the anime. For the lyrics, in my opinion, the opening is from Guren's point of view and the ending is from Masahiro's point of view. :)

OP song (anime version): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jYzqJaH11U
    OP song (full song): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJbvs6eplLA
    ED song (anime version): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=586NfRIa32I
    ED song (full song): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qQMy0XiseU

CHARACTERS: (9/10)
    I rated it 9 out of 10 because not all of Shikigamis have been really pointed out. Ughh it's quite difficult to explain xD Well, they do appear in the anime but like some of them don't even have a line and it frustrates me coz they so look damn handsome and beautiful!!! >__<

*BONUS*
    If you are a fujoshi (you know, if you like boyxboy) then i'm pretty sure you WILL love this anime! There are some few "hints" of like that in this anime~ :D I totally ship Masahiro with Guren! Kyaaa~ You may think i'm bias with my scores/rates but in all honesty you won't be bored in watching this! Well, this is (of course) my opinion! But i would appreciate it if you'll watch and tell me what you think after you're done watching! :)

>>>The reason i put the "bonus" part is purely because i like yaoi/shounen-ai genre so of course in any anime that i see some characters that well, in this case, both guys...so i ship them xD But, if you're not into that genre, of course that's very okay coz i didn't recommend this to just yaoi/shounen-ai lovers, but to all anime lovers out there! :) I hope you got my point in this one! :D

Overall, i love this anime (obviously). You will learn about deep friendship that no matter how hard or challenging each day for you, there will be someone who will cheer and support you.

I hope this review helps you, especially those who still haven't watch the anime! Please do watch coz i really recommend this! :D
    Attached Images
    Last edited by KriShe; 02-05-2016 at 06:37 AM.

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to KriShe For This Useful Post:

Level101 (11-14-2016), MaraMaraChi (11-05-2016), Rathma (02-04-2016)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Well, you made a clear statement and commented about some subdivisions. It is neatly presented and easy to digest. But I would have liked some more details about the subdivisions you made. For example about the music: Does it fit the mood, are there enough tracks so that it doesn't get boring, was it overly present or well directed.
    The Bonus is a nice hint, although it ruined any chance for me to ever watch it xD
    And I would have liked a conclusion, your thoughts about it and what made it great for you.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Rathma View Post
    Well, you made a clear statement and commented about some subdivisions. It is neatly presented and easy to digest. But I would have liked some more details about the subdivisions you made. For example about the music: Does it fit the mood, are there enough tracks so that it doesn't get boring, was it overly present or well directed.
    The Bonus is a nice hint, although it ruined any chance for me to ever watch it xD
    And I would have liked a conclusion, your thoughts about it and what made it great for you.
    Thanks for this, i really appreciate it. :) actually i'm not really good in writing (it's my enemy lol)
    I also edited it and hope i answered your concerns. ^^
    I'm tired of living in this lonely reality....please take me to the fantasy world where I will be happy!

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Embrace the writing, just do it and get better. It's a little bit better. I myself can't stop writing, when I start something like that, for most I write too much. So your lengh is just about right, not too short to say nothing, but not too long, so guys won't just skip it. Keep it up ^^

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Rathma For This Useful Post:

KriShe (02-05-2016)

Thanks
    Blog Entries

Ive watched this purely because i love animes with exorcists/onmyoujis. But most of all I also agree with shipping guren and masahiro together. But imagine guren x abe no semei as well. HAHAHA :) ja!