Upload
    3334 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,498 Times in 265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default The "BUGS" Thread

Gotta kill 'em all!! :D

Hi guys! As the title suggests, this thread is for bugs that members might encounter here in our site. Please assist us and our beloved admin in keeping our site free from bugs by posting them here once seen or experienced. ^^

Here's a short guidelines to follow:

1. Please include a screenshot of the error or bug you experienced. It's easier to tell the root cause of the problem if there's a screenshot that we all can see.

2. If the error is already posted, please don't post it again. This is to ensure avoid confusion on our part. Also, it makes the thread clean. Don't worry, we'll edit the post and say it's fixed once it is.

3. Please include what device you are using when you encountered the bug/s. Recently, there's been bugs that are experienced by phone users and not by desktop/laptop users so please include the type of equipment you're using.

4. If the bug is already posted, fixed but it pops in again, only then you can post it. We will edit the post if the error has been fixed and the date will be included there. If the bug has been "bugging" around again, please post it.

Also, comments or posts irrelevant to the bugs will be deleted. This thread is to locate bugs and not really for discussion. We will monitor this thread closely. Please be guided accordingly.

Thank you and..

All Hail OS!!

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Dudette For This Useful Post:

AnimeDragon (01-14-2016), Gunshi (04-19-2017), Josiee (02-01-2016), Louise Chan (01-10-2016), Pit Lord (01-20-2016), witchLeen (01-19-2016)

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

One thing I've noticed that's probably easy to fix but a little time-consuming, is that the "Surprise Me" button for randoming a series will pull up a "webpage cannot be found" result about 1 out of 20 times. The database that it's pulling from probably just needs to be audited for typos and animes that have been taken down for various reasons.

This has happened on multiple Windows and Linux computers for me in both IE, Firefox, and Chrome.
    Last edited by LastVanguard; 01-10-2016 at 11:38 AM.

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Upload
    1769 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,489 Times in 333 Posts

I haven't scoured the forums yet to see whether this has been posted already, but a quick search didn't reveal anything. I apologize if this is already a known issue.

For the past week I've been having all sorts of issues with my notifications. Sometimes I receive a notification that I have a new Private Message, sometimes I don't. Sometimes it says I have three when I only have one. Sometimes it doesn't let me know that I have any at all when I actually have several. Also, my Visitor's Message notifications do not disappear even after I've checked my profile page. For the past week it has said that I have four unread Visitor's Messages even though I've clicked on the link half a million times -_-

The issue persists no matter what browser I use. I have logged on via Safari, Chrome, and Firefox only to encounter the same issue. I've tried clearing my cache and browser history as well as cookies and other things. The notifications still don't function normally even when I access OS on my iPhone and iPad.

Here's a screen shot of what it looks like:
    Spoiler :  

Edit: I use a Macbook Pro to access OS in addition to my iPhone and iPad.

Magic of 7 Days

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ceres View Post
    I haven't scoured the forums yet to see whether this has been posted already, but a quick search didn't reveal anything. I apologize if this is already a known issue.

For the past week I've been having all sorts of issues with my notifications. Sometimes I receive a notification that I have a new Private Message, sometimes I don't. Sometimes it says I have three when I only have one. Sometimes it doesn't let me know that I have any at all when I actually have several. Also, my Visitor's Message notifications do not disappear even after I've checked my profile page. For the past week it has said that I have four unread Visitor's Messages even though I've clicked on the link half a million times -_-

The issue persists no matter what browser I use. I have logged on via Safari, Chrome, and Firefox only to encounter the same issue. I've tried clearing my cache and browser history as well as cookies and other things. The notifications still don't function normally even when I access OS on my iPhone and iPad.

Here's a screen shot of what it looks like:
    Spoiler :  

Edit: I use a Macbook Pro to access OS in addition to my iPhone and iPad.
    I have this problem for over a year now. 2 unapproved group messages which doesn't exist.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

For the last two weeks or so I have been unable to access any videos I keep getting a message that it could not connect to the server. I am on my iPad Air 2 and my HTC M9 android phone. I tried to give a screen shoot but it's not in the right format.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Same as me I trying to watch Fate stay night , and others movies , and I couldent enter from my tablet , i try same thing on cpu , and its work just fine from my android and tablet just say '' server not found '' or '' video does not exist '' and on cpu its working .

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I was having trouble getting videos to go full screen. Turns out this is an issue with Flash. I fixed it by manually updating Chrome. Looks like not all of the updates show up on my system at the time of release. Three Bars Button(options) > Help > About Google Chrome is where to go to manually update.

OS Supporter

The land of Milky Holmes and Honey-sempai
    Upload
    38 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Very recently, like today I have been unable to post to SB. I think it has to do with a recent Flash updatte for Linux where the download does not connect to an actual file. /sigh Just got done manually installing a bunch of old .debs, specifically the libnl-3 packages because of a network-manager mismatch error. Took me a whole day to Google thru Ubunu help on my tablet before I could log on. /var/log/vent /etc/rc.d/sorry Anyway can't post to SB suddenly today.

The Artistic Writer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

well I'm not sure if my issue is a bug or not but I cannot load pictures anymore if I want to post a picture on a post, like a screenshot for example or an image from my computer. I get the exclamation point when they finish loading - which is revealed as an error, #2038. I have tried multiple file types (the ones noted on the screen) but nothing works. Am I missing something here? If you want to see what I'm talking about, I can give photobucket a shot -.-
    Take on the world with a smile because "happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light." Albus Dumbledore

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Want to post this in the chatbox instead but decided to post it here too just to make it official. Lol anyway, Japanese characters aren't recognized here for some unknown reason or is this intended?
    Spoiler :  

All Hail OS!
    Last edited by Gunshi; 04-19-2017 at 02:40 AM.

Sleepy Web Developer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Gunshi View Post
    Want to post this in the chatbox instead but decided to post it here too just to make it official. Lol anyway, Japanese characters aren't recognized here for some unknown reason or is this intended?
    Spoiler :  

All Hail OS!
    Its a charset issue. Those characters require a website server to default to utf-8 in HTML settings. Jbluey would have to run some database tests to make sure the entire site is defaulting to that charset automatically - so its something that can be done but might be tedious because other things can possibly break in the process.

But its another matter altogether if it was done intentionally.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to 1stKaiser For This Useful Post:

Gunshi (04-19-2017)