Wanna learn Programming? Can't decide what to learn first? Check this Thread.
    OS Vampire

Upload
    1795 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,900 Times in 362 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Wanna learn Programming? Can't decide what to learn first? Check this Thread.

http://www.lifehack.org/articles/tec...arn-first.html

Check the link above. It contains an infographic of what language you should start first.

I myself learned C then C++ first. After that it was self-studies and I learned myself a bit of java, and some php. I haven't used my knowledge on programming lately so I know the terms and how to do a simple hello world but anything beyond that, I would need to check documentation first. XD
    Guys I'm a retired staff member, don't come to me for username changes anymore xD its funny having to reply to personal messages 3 months old HAHAHA

2. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kobowo For This Useful Post:

Kuroky1234 (04-13-2015)

OS Supporter

The land of Milky Holmes and Honey-sempai
    Upload
    38 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

You should get a good foundation in "Pseudo code"! Javascript is invaluable in today, I recommend that and PHP, thirdly. What kinds of stuff do you like to program? That is the most important question, then I can give you a more personal answer.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to i1abnrk For This Useful Post:

=>LURKER OF THE DARK OS<=
    Upload
    195 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

hmm for me i like to do a hacking program ! hahaha! :D! though im an it student not good with networking !

6. The Following User Says Thank You to GMSieghart For This Useful Post:

Kawaii Alluka's Onii-chan

Kukuroo Mountain, Dentora, Republic of Padokia
    Upload
    578 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

That infograph is humorous, from the programming definition to the Lord of the Rings reference. Though it does hit the point. And yes, the first programming language that I learned was C, then others follow. The only languages that I didn't learn from the infographic list are Python, Ruby and Objective-C.
    Last edited by xuei0000; 04-22-2015 at 05:26 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to xuei0000 For This Useful Post:

Thanks

This looks cool. I also learned C first and then some C++ and python, but haven't used my knowledge for really anything. I guess I should go review the languages I know anyway.
    ​

10. The Following User Says Thank You to yuyuzu For This Useful Post:

OS Vampire

Upload
    1795 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,900 Times in 362 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by i1abnrk View Post
    You should get a good foundation in "Pseudo code"! Javascript is invaluable in today, I recommend that and PHP, thirdly. What kinds of stuff do you like to program? That is the most important question, then I can give you a more personal answer.
    I'm not looking for one ('-' ) I made the thread for people who are not sure what they want to learn XD and are aspiring to become programmers.
    Guys I'm a retired staff member, don't come to me for username changes anymore xD its funny having to reply to personal messages 3 months old HAHAHA

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Kobowo For This Useful Post:

OS Supporter

The land of Milky Holmes and Honey-sempai
    Upload
    38 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I know a few languages that aren't on the list. Basic is the first one I learned back in the 80s. Lua should probably be in the graph somewhere, recently it's become quite common for scripting game mods because it's easy to learn. C# is another one and it's useful outside of modding and not difficult, it compiles to .dll files. For hobby I like prolog because it uses imperitive assignment. Java is the most useful language I know but the compiler is very picky and it takes a long time to get good. I know C and it isn't to tough to get the basics but it's sooo big, like 10,000 piece toolkit and there's always more than one tool for the job, it overwhelms me easily.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

As a developer myself my opinion on this always starts at the basic which is C, C is a irreplaceable and still in use today in almost every related field in programming

Want An Anime Items, Gadgets delivered directly to your home!!! Visit https://www.samuraibuyer.jp /en/