Claymore Review

Thread: Claymore Review

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default Claymore Review

I thought it was a pretty good anime but I felt like it ended too soon. Like there should be more episodes. I want to know what happened since I don't have the manga.
    Belldandy

2. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Sakura3913 For This Useful Post:

apellhamdeme (01-28-2016), emessiernol (09-20-2015), phantom66 (03-20-2015), raynerharl (09-13-2015)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

It's nice of you to share your opinion, but that is not really a review (Technically it would still be a review). I've seen the Anime, too. But still what you wrote would not help me in any way, if I wanted to know if that show is worth watching.
    It would be nice when you would write more about the experience you had with Claymore. What did you like, what not and what the Show is about in a small summary. You can do that without spoiling much.

Else you could have posted that into a Claymore discussion (If there is a thread open) or you could have opened one (if no thread is open).
    I hope that has been a bit helpful for you :D

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rathma For This Useful Post:

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I agreed with Rathman, though I liked the anime so much. And i know it's a bit hanging but im expecting for another season. and Yes, you are right about having more episodes cause it's too short to suffice the story of the manga. I really want to say it here but i guess i might spoil it.. lol it's toooo heavy xD but i'll just vm you if you want to know XD ^^
    Last edited by Serenea; 03-06-2015 at 03:47 PM. Reason: i need to add something XD

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Serenea For This Useful Post:

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

First of, thank you for reminding me of this anime Claymore. I have seen some of its ep in English Langues, but haven't heard the Japanese before. Now Its in my list to watch. second for me the ep is enough. its not like one peace or naruto. every anime has to have an ending. Since it is said. "Once the anime reach ep 50, it is bound to continue to ep 100" so for me 27 ep is enough. Maybe the manga is not yet long enough for a season 2, but hopefully it will continue. Thank you again

8. The Following User Says Thank You to phantom66 For This Useful Post:

牛のゴースト
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, if one is into women empowerment this is the anime they should watch. Claymore quenched the feminist in me. I felt powerful watching this tho some find this disgusting because of its gore elements lol There could still be improvement on the animation and yeah, it should have been longer. I haven't read the manga so I'm not sure if there are a lot of fillers. I also liked how there's drama and how it made me cry a bit on some of its episodes. All in all I find this anime really good, I would give it 7/10.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Knipyoko For This Useful Post:

The Finest Wine
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Loved the anime, and I have the answer as to why it's so short-ended. They messed up the story, it didn't follow the manga, so they pretty much dropped the project. Just like Deadman Wonderland, and Air Gear
    Glitter Is The Herpes Of Art; You May Think It's Gone, But It Always Comes Back

OS Citizen
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I own the anime and all the manga as well (the last volume has already been on sale; An english version goes on sale soon). I liked it a lot, but there were 2 big problems: One is Raki, the most unpopular, unnecessary and irritating character in the series. He is there for a few reasons, all of them bad ("the series must have a male in it"; also, like Jormungand, ~winking~ at the shotacon community, which is pathetic and gross); and by the ending exists for more bad reasons including simple male supremacy (unnecessary, unexplainable and absurd power-up for the male human) and the overpowering need for pairing off the female character with a male as seen in the last pages (do you really have such a limited imagination and out-dated mentality? Making it worse, this is science-fiction) all of which was unnecessary and comes off as nothing more than bad writing and immaturity. You could have had another female that Claire managed to spare from a similar fate as her own in the beginning and moved on. The other problem was creating very interesting Claymores and then killing them off, sometimes not only in the same chapter but in the same damn page. It occurred to me at a certain point (given the authors other sordid interests) that this was something 'he got off on doing' as they say. With a more demanding editor this would have been an amazing series. The best way to watch or read this, is if you see ~Raki~ fast forward till hes gone and continue watching.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i havent watched the anime but you better try the manga

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I personally think it was an awesome anime series

Former Anime Overlord

Upload
    4290 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

It's been a while.
    Claymore is the anime that lead me to Os, when I googled claymore season 2, I found a thread here so I had to sign-up to make a post asking about a season 2. Kobo was a mod then, he closed the thread after I posted haha. I had already been checking it every few days so made some friends on cb and sb, cause I was thinking what I'm gonna do now, already sign-up here and the thread was closed. Now I'm a mod myself.

Claymore is one of those anime that had an impact on me. I watched it early on when I was still new to the anime realm. I really like gore and horror anime, but claymore added a plus because it's a female protagonist, she's mature and is the cold personality-type. It's a 9/10 from me.

Dark Clouds in the sky With spells and witchcraft
    I'm chained below
    Kimi ni todoke // Lovely complex // Shiki // Ghost Hunt ..

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Classic Claymore, miss that show. Good while it lasted.

Thanks

Good stuff. Sink it in.