Rave on (Twitter Fiction)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Rave on (Twitter Fiction)

Reviews and comments -- Thread.
    This is a story i wrote for a class that i really enjoyed writing. Just so you know, the reason that all the poses are so short is because i had to write this story in twitter posts, so each "post" could only have 160 characters (that includes spaces.

One more thing, I might have used your username in the story (you'll understand why after you read it). If you take offense to that tell me and I'll change it. i hope you enjoy.

Rave On

The baby’s cries were loud and high pitched, yet somehow everyone found a way to ignore them. The cuteness of a newborn is too overpowering.

“What’s her name?” asked the Dad. “I like Mary” replied the Mom. The doctor standing in the corner took a step forward as he said “Sorry that name is taken”.

This new law that no one can have the same name is stupid. Now everyone has all these stupid names that make no sense and it bothers me.

The one good thing is that you will always be entertained with the stupid crap that people name their kids.

I was born at the beginning of it when people weren’t so “creative”. My name’s Trent8. Are there seven Trents before me? I have no idea.

Anyways I look like a normal kid to most people. I’m seventeen, a little bigger than the average kid, but nothing crazy different.

I always have my headphones in because my music is way better than hearing some idiot say swag or yolo or some other bull crap saying.

I am a night person. All the best people come out at night. We all leave our homes & hang out, where we go tends to be different each night.

We always know where to go because one red firework is set off every night to tell us where to go. July 4th is hard to work out.

The police tried to stop us but after a while they gave up. We kept going; we didn’t care if they were there. Even if they pulled guns.

I went through the day, being “normal”, waiting for the night to come. When I got home, went to sleep and didn’t wake up until 11:00 PM.

I ran out of my house reaching the street (which is only about a two minute walk from my house) in time to get in the middle of the crowd.

“Trent8! You’re here, thought you weren’t coming” It was my close friend Kholor. A big dude, not to smart, but he really didn’t need to be.
    Last edited by Dudette09; 12-04-2014 at 04:42 PM.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

“You know I wouldn’t miss this. Has the location been announced yet?”
    “Not yet, but it should be happening real soon”

“Ight. Hey anyone got some food” as I said it thirty bags of chips hit me. I picked one up letting the others get picked up by other people.

As I opened the bag the firework went off about a mile away.
    “There we go guys, lets hit it” yelled Kholor. We all ran towards the firework.

It never goes off to far from my house; I was one of the people that started it after all.

After about ten minutes of running we made it to a park, a stage was set up on one side, a wrestling ring on the other, then a skate park in the middle.

“Trent8, You’re supposed to be first” I heard as i got to the wrestling ring. It was Error345, “We’ve been waiting to watch you fight today”

‘”Ight, guess that means I have to go up” I got up onto the mat. Everyone cheered. Hands in my pockets I blushed at the commotion I caused.

I looked across the mat to see my opponent; he looked like a horrible luchador. It’s funny cause I always just wrestle in my normal clothes.

I had respect for him because even though it didn’t look good, he tried.

Error345 hopped up onto the stage and walked to the middle of it and in his best announcer voice he yelled at the crowd.

“LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I WELCOME YOU TO OUR MAIN EVENT” His hands raised high over his head.

“IN THE RED CORNER, WEIGHING AN AMOUNT OF WEIGHT AND BEING APPROXIMATELY ABOVE FIVE FEET TALL IS OUR CHALLENGER, XXXNinja_Dragon_SlayerXXX!”

I felt bad because when I heard the name I fell on the ground laughing. That was the worst name I have heard yet. Then Error pointed to me.

“AND IN THE BLUE CORNER, OUR FAVORITE FIGHTER, WEIGHS EXACTLY A LOT MORE THAN ME, AND IS SIXISH FEET TALL. TRENT8. NOW LETS DO THIS”

With that he slipped off the mat and the luchador charged.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

He left himself way to open. All I had to do when I dodged him was lift a knee and he would probably been out, but that’s no fun.

I side stepped, let him bounce off the ropes and fly backwards landing face first into the mat. Bet that was embarrassing.

I have a personal rule; I will never attack someone on the ground unless it’s the final blow, so I let him get back up.

He got to his feet just in time to have both my feet slam into his chest. I landed on my side and he got launched out of the stadium.

I stood up and looked over the edge to see him on the grass still lying down; I decided he’s had enough so I made my finishing move.

I went to the corner and climbed to the top of the pole. I jumped and landed on the ropes launching me back into the air towards my foe.

I landed on him back first with a deep thud. He lay motionless knocked out… or dead.

Don’t worry, we have only had about two deaths from these things and they were both the actual person’s fault.

The first one was on way too many drugs and stage dove head first into the concrete.The other decided to commit suicide.

He realized he liked the raves more than real life so he stabbed himself in school. Doesn’t make sense to me, but I guess it did to him.

I was just standing up when everything went to hell.

Lights surrounded the group, blinding almost all of us (everyone except the hipsters who thought it was cool to wear shades at night).

Everyone tried to run but the place was surrounded by cops with riot shields.

People dropped as they got pelted by rubber bullets. A helicopter lowered to the ground & a man stepped out with a megaphone up to his lips.

“I am the new Chief of Police. Gigglefritz. I will NOT allow these raves to go any longer; we have been ignorant about these for too long.”

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I recognized him; he was the dad of the kid who stabbed himself. A huge smile spread on his face as the group realized they couldn’t do anything.

“Now listen here scum, I’ll let this one finish, but if I see another, I will put in your papers and toss you in the cells.”

“And any rebellion will be punished to the highest degree.” He looked right at me when he said this. The lights shut off & the cops left.

I stood up and looked around. People were crying, helping others get off the floor, trying to wake those knocked out. It was a disaster.

I was outraged, but not because they ruined something that I created and loved.

I am mad because they ruined something important to lots of people, something that helped others through this miserable state we call life.

I won’t let them do it again. I grabbed a mic.
    “EVERYONE LISTEN UP!! We are not going to let them stop us. This what we live for.”

We will not have it taken from us so easily.” I opened my mouth to say more, but the words wouldn’t come out.

I looked down to see my black clothes soaked in blood, and a hole where my heart is.

The last things I remember are Error and Kholor running to me, XXXNinja_Dragon_SlayerXXX getting up just in time to see me fall,

and someone who was far behind the group screaming above the rest “To the highest degree”. Damn you Gigglefritz.

“That’s how I died... can I go in?” I asked the man who was in front of me. He had a pure white robe & a beard just as bright.

He nodded and gestured towards the golden gates behind him. I started to walk through the gate, white light encircling me as I got further in.

"Huh. So there is something afterwards” I thought as I disappeared past the gate and into the light.