The anime that got you started (your first)
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Below Normal

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Interestingly enough, I think the first anime I ever saw was Sailor Moon lol. I've watched a lot of older titles while growing up, but this one rings a bell as the first one I've recognized as "anime".
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”

- Albert Einstein, Physicist -

2. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Nichibotsu For This Useful Post:

OS Supporter

The land of Milky Holmes and Honey-sempai
    Upload
    38 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well it's not technically anime since it was written in US and animated in Japan (dic) but first Japanese cartoon I loved was Rainbow Brite. First anime I saw was called Kekkou Kamen in 1990, but I didn't like it. Cowboy Bebop got me interested but the first one that really hooked me was Serial Experiments (Lain).

♥Panda Princess♥

Upload
    242 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I guess it would be Akazukin Chacha? I still remember I was in elementary and it was English dubbed and then I watched detective conan, slam dunk, you're under arrest, power stone, gate keepers, ranma 1/2 and samurai x. Gosh I watch a lot of old animus XD
    Procrastinator by day. Insomiac by night ♥

Os CPU

Upload
    294 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

It was probably. Big O then cowboy bebop

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

first anime huh?? i'm not sure what was first but it was sailor moon or pokemon i watch them in the television when i was 6 years old perphaps!!! :P

Banned
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

The first manga was Dragonball and it got me interested in Japanese culture. However I think the first anime I ever saw was Rurouni Kenshin, and I loved it. :D

I have to correct myself and say that the first anime I saw was Sailor Moon. I guess I never remembered it as an anime as it was the only show I had seen in the Japanese style animation.
    Last edited by Rasen Oh; 08-08-2015 at 02:31 PM.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Augustus For This Useful Post:

Inquisitor (11-07-2015)

Thanks

pokemon ^^ but the anime make me go to anime world/being an otaku is kaichou wa maid sama

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Honestly .... i don't know ... i don't remember ... but i know for sure why i started liking ANIME ...no !.. LOVING anime ... hmmmpft when i was a child ... i always prefer to watch television ... cartoon, drama, movies and etc . Long ago ... i'm not choosy in what i'm watching ... but when i watched a certain Anime Series ... entitled Vampire Knight ... i got ammmmmmaze ... so.. there ... because we had computer at home ... i study how to use computer ... then surf it ... then watch anime ... i remember ... i'm just an elementary student when i'm got an interest with anime ... hmmmpft... how nostalgic it is ... how nice ...

He Who Must Not Be Named FAT4LS's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

i dont know but i think those anime but i cant really remember them.. its in my list.. cuz every morning i watch them in the television and of course its dubbed version.. that is why i hardly remember..cuz the title is so different and misleading :) XD
    Last edited by FAT4LS; 08-08-2015 at 08:39 AM.

OS Citizen
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

It wasn't my first anime that got me started watching other animes - because that was Pokemon & Sailor Moon and I was too small to become any kind of otaku. No, the anime that really made me SEARCH for other anime to watch is Fullmetal Alchemist

Thanks

hmm. I've watched several anime before I realize that they were called 'Anime'. Nevertheless, I think the anime that really makes me look for more anime is Yamato Nadeshiko (not the first anime I watched tho) :)

Looking for
    FOOD. Always! :)

OS Citizen
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Kagaku Ninja Tai Gatchaman, technically speaking I would say this got me started. I was a little child and this was my most favored show in the world, out of everything. Even younger, it may have been Mach GoGoGo. Even though you are so very little and even with this type of anime it should still count as part of your experience.

Frustrated Mangaka
    Upload
    42 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

As for me, my first anime to watch was if i remember correctly, Ghost Fighter (YuYu Hakushu), Slam Dunk and of course DORAEMON. :) Childhood Animes are the best! (Y)

Thanks

I used to always watch cartoon when i was little. My first real anime was Zoro, which i say because it was more like anime than any other cartoons i watched. I was probably 11 at the time.I also remember last episode, in which zoro gets defeated(i think). Then came dragon ball z when i was about 12-14.Didn't get to fully watch it. Then when i was about 15, animax was available around my country ,.. most favourite show was Law of ueki, But fate/stay might left impression in my heart because i developed a crush on Saber. Partially watched Black cat. After about 6 months, the channel was gone, i was heart-broken. Then at 16, i watched dubbed death note, was AWESOME!!! Wanted more, my friend had collection of bleach dvds. He gave it to me so i watched bleach. Then when i had freedom on the internet, i remembered "Black cat" whose opening song was so good so i downloaded and completely watched that,,,... then it began.... i began downloading and watching anime on a daily basis...its been 5 years.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I don't think I fully remember, but I think it was actually Inuyasha in 4th grade. My friends older sister had it on and I was then addicted from then on out haha

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Yu Yu Hakusho? Gosh, I feel so old...

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

As I could recall, the one that got me started in anime is the Mermaid Melody, Pichi Pichi Pitch, I loved Rina when I was a small kid. ^_^

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i've watched lots of cartoons and anime before. i still remember watching yu-gi-oh, pokemon and many more. but what really got me into anime is Naruto. those were the times i felt so helpless but then anime saved me. it gives me motivation to stand up and start running again

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Started with the usual series: Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Cardcaptor Sakura, etc. However, the first full series I saw that wasn't on tv was...Stratos 4. If anyone else has watched it I'll be surprised. Anyway, loved it back then, still love it to this day.

OS Immortal One True God track95's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hmmm Tough one... It's been so long actually. I think I started with a bunch of them like Ranma 1/2 and Dragonball.
    Love is love but anger sometimes is love.
    I love who I love and right now there's no one.