lots of avatars are female characters, why?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default lots of avatars are female characters, why?

so le me lurking around the threads here OS and a friend was looking, a few moments he said.. "lots of people there use female characters as there avatar huh?"
    then I answered "I think so",

as I checked the other sites, I saw similarities
    I asked myself, why is that? I mean even I'm using a female character as an avatar, that question lead me to the answer, because its cute/pretty

so what about you guys who uses female characters(and those who dont :D) as their avatars, why choose that?

Her eyes can turn into a cage that will lock you up for all eternity

The End-kun
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I personally prefer using armored guys, solder types or monsters as my early avatars on OS have proven, but when I look for new ones in the websites I usually go, I find mostly cute girls and ecchi stuff and those are not something I want for myself, but I do appreciate it when others use them. Lately I've started using females more than I did back in the day because I can't seem to find what I want, but when I use females it's gotta be a character I like or satisfy certain conditions... like having crossed legs as my current one does for example.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Ragnarok For This Useful Post:

Kivara (03-02-2014)

is 16.5‘ing FiQ5149 ~

Dazzling The Stage ~ Visual Novels: 356 Played Heroines/Girls:1,992 Conquered
    Upload
    963 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,667 Times in 346 Posts
    Blog Entries

Funny how I often get mistaken a lot as a girl in this site, and it's mainly because of my girly name and female avatars/prof. pics. I always thought that avatars represents the members here, at least some thinks that way. For me, I'd love to use my favorite female characters from anime, manga, games, light novel, visual novel as my avatar or profile pic. I mean who wouldn't? They're cute and real man uses FEMALE AVATARS, especially ecchi ones.

5. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Sora Kasugano For This Useful Post:

kaylee1234
     (04-27-2014), kibeth1 (03-02-2014), Kivara (03-02-2014), Penny161 (03-03-2014), thatguyEZ (03-03-2014)

marshmello's
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Wew :D LOL

Well, I use a cute girl anime as my avatar and my prof pic because, yes, it's cute >////<

I do save pictures of cute boys, but i wouldn't even bother using it (because the cuteness of the girl can never be defeated by a boy!! > < even if that boy is sooo gorgeous)

Still though, i'm pretty much confused myself, whenever i see a cute girl avatar, i automatically assume that that person is a girl > < it's a common mistake here in OS :D But it's pretty cool too~

Yeahh, i always thought @Sora is a girl >_< Sorry~ i'm dead wrong @[email protected]

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

lol i figured out eventually, that people who use female avatars are 80% likely to be boys. 99.99% if the girl is ecchi. but i think i only used a female avatar once since joining... but like almost all my previous avatars have shown.. its most likely related to fire or foxes or both xD so i choose avatars according to their relation to fire or foxes.

how 2 encode pls??
    Upload
    1235 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I normally use avatars of whatever pleases me. Things I find entertaining or funny or cool. I know many guys use female avatars because well they're a guy and the female character is hot. It's best not to question why we guys think they way we do lol.

Magic of 7 Days

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Sora Kasugano View Post
    Funny how I often get mistaken a lot as a girl in this site, and it's mainly because of my girly name and female avatars/prof. pics. I always thought that avatars represents the members here, at least some thinks that way. For me, I'd love to use my favorite female characters from anime, manga, games, light novel, visual novel as my avatar or profile pic. I mean who wouldn't? They're cute and real man uses FEMALE AVATARS, especially ecchi ones.
    Though when I first arrived at our home. I thought mom was a girl and not you, dad

Anyhow, I've become fond of using female avatars thanks to the influence you two had on me~

Upload
    1270 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Qualtz View Post
    Though when I first arrived at our home. I thought mom was a girl and not you, dad

Anyhow, I've become fond of using female avatars thanks to the influence you two had on me~

Well to the topic, for me, the criteria I have for using avatars would be either I like their characteristic(characters from anime,manga, and light novel) or the artstyle(i.e. Kantoku and Tinkerbell works). Their are also times that I pick a female avatar if it match a theme of my choice. I also do the same criteria for using male avatars though.

"The trick to running is to stay M-A-D. M for 'move ever forward'. A for 'always accelerate', and D for 'dash and don't stop'. If you don't follow those rules, you'll be doing the same thing tomorrow." - Owari no Chronicle

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Cause they were to cute too look with xD

=>LURKER OF THE DARK OS<=
    Upload
    195 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

well girl are looks cool! :D! and im into strong girl look ! Like my ava ! Kawakami Momoyo! :D!

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I don't usually use girl avatars. Actually, I don't really mind what's the gender of the subject. Only thing I care about is that they're monochrome. xD If it's beautiful to me, then I'd use it because it serves to my liking. But if I had to choose between the two, I think it'd be the boys. I don't know why but I just like them. xD And about the girl ones, I like the ones impassive. Though, I've used an avatar that's an ecchi one. I used it because a dear friend made it for me on OS. It was awesome, though. *_* Main thing about avatars for me is that they're all monochrome. But due to me using mostly boy avatars, people tended to mistake me for a dude....
    Last edited by Shinkai Kouru; 03-02-2014 at 08:52 AM. Reason: Typo

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Simply because they're cuter.
    Aren't they just cute?

OS Anthropologist

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, as far as I know about Otaku-streamers, I know that there are currently more active male users than female. It is especially known that a good handful of male users here take some form of interest in the ecchi genre--and some of them are even interested in ******. Considering this, it would not be so far from possibility that a modest number of people with female avatars are people who find enjoyment in feminine or mildly sexual themes.

There are also many of these people who are simply more comfortable using a female avatar. And there are some who simply just don't care either way.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Because TRAPS. TRAPS everywhere. TRAP is the name of the game in any online community.

Just kidding. Yeah, female avatars are cute, especially ecchi ones.
    click if you like Gundam ---> http://www.facebook.com/SerpentTailGai

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I guess everyone has there own reasons...

well to continue my reason (since I did some soul searching lol)
    the character must have had my attention or it has to be the smile or the facial expression they're making, bewitching or cute I dont know why but I'm really attracted to them making me it to be my avatar I even ask a few to make me an avatar of the character I liked at that time, since I don't have the talent for it "mostly ecchi prince "

but the one I'm using now, well she's just too cute in my eyes

Her eyes can turn into a cage that will lock you up for all eternity

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Let's say girl avatars are more flashy and cute to look at. Not to mention attractive.
    Sometimes, they got more customizations than guy avatars. Maybe that's another reason.

tee-hee *w*

Or sometimes, a game is gender-locked, and you happen to like a class with a female gender....soooo yesh xD

Ɩ ʝʋƨт ωαииα вɛ ωιтн ʏσʋ♡ Samantha-chan's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yuup :)) commonly because they're cute and anime girls are most likely to notice with their big cute ayes LOL
    Sometimes I represent my avatar as me ;)

OS Candy Empress

Upload
    455 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Because they look very cute :3
    One time, I tried to use Killua as an avatar because I like him so much yet I changed it after a day because I'm not satisfied. No matter how adorable my anime husbandos ( ) are, anime girls are way much adorable as an avatar so I change it back to cute girls and sticked to them~ :3

Otakustreamer Yuri
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I'm a guy, I only uses Male character because it represent me as a Guy. Maybe in the future I might use Female lol
    Spoiler :  

Otakustreamer Yuri
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I mean why are a lot of people not using boy avatars :I
    Also what other people said. I chose a female avatar ,because I'm a girl.
    that's the only reason I have and I Like the 2d females :I
    cause yeah :I yuri and stuff also some of the females are yanderes
    and I just Love how they Look like with the killing intent. :)