How do people watch REALLY long animes?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    He Who Must Not Be Named
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Cool How do people watch REALLY long animes?

I have been wondering for quite some time. The longest anime I've sat down and watched every episode of, was One piece; which has 538 episodes.. or so. I've also seen a large chunk of episodes from Naruto, but that's because I used to watch it weekly on Toonami when I was a kid. Although I doubt I could marathon all 220 episodes, then continue on to watch Shippuden; just thinking about that seems overwhelming.
    The majority of anime's I do watch range from 12 - 50 episodes normally. Although lately I've been curious, as to what it is like to watch something really long and see what all the hype is about. My biggest concern would be starting the anime, then not finishing it because it's too long.
    So if any of you have or do watch really long anime series, why and how do you do it? Is it preferable for an anime to have a ton of episodes?

Thanks!

███â?? ?ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆ? ?–ˆï ¿½ �� �� �� ��█â–? ?███â? ??ˆï ¿½ �� �� ���� �██■ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ–ˆâ –ˆï ¿½ �� �� ��

Upload
    511 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Patience my friend, every Episodes of those Treasured Anime has a Piece on what will be :D, it is important for me to watch and analyze each EP, for me to understand what is and what what. Patience Indeed

BRACE YOURSELVES!! DEADPOOL IS COMMING!!

marshmello's
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tenshinchigi View Post
    Patience my friend, every Episodes of those Treasured Anime has a Piece on what will be :D, it is important for me to watch and analyze each EP, for me to understand what is and what what. Patience Indeed
    Exactly patience is very important when it comes to anime :) like when you're waiting for the next season of this certain anime but you will have to wait for years to get to watch it :D same as watching an anime with a lot of episodes, it takes a lot of years to get all through that :) But as Tenshi-kun said, what's important is to know deeply the story in every episode :D I personaly don't watch an anime with more than 100+ episodes though if I know it's worth it, I still watch it :3 but i'm not that much of a fan of long running animes.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

for me it's more like, "wait, it's going to take me months to get to any kind of a conclusion even if i watch more than 10 episodes per day?!" the longest one i sat through was inuyasha. and then there was a "second" season to only kind of wrap stuff up. i started eyeshield 21, but the 100+ episodes is daunting. i can finish 6-10 series in the time it'll take to finish that one...and really, are they worth it? probably...but i don't have the needed patience to get through them yet. can anyone name me one long one that doesn't feel like it's taking up most of my life? like, one that i can't stop watching no matter how long the series is.

Daydreamer~
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I usually love the longer series. If you can really get into them they don't seem nearly as long as they actually are. When I started to watch One Piece it had maybe 300 or 400 episodes and I was caught up in no time :P When I was younger I really loved series like Shaman King and Rurouni Kenshin because they were a bit longer, which meant I could obsess over it even longer ;P
    "Shining brightly, even for a split second, is better than living a dull-grey life for eternity."

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I wonder too... Cause I don't watch any much over 50ep because I get bored of the repeating jokes or gags and if its thaat long, there will be a ton of filler episodes which is blah, imo...

I guess if people are really into it...

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Many people who watch a Long Running Shounen series probably have been watching it since its early days. They're hooked, and the show's producers depend on them being hooked. They come back to the show every week, for a new episode, for months or even years on end.

Shows like these aren't meant to be marathoned. Most aren't interested in narrative closure, making it a run that will never end. They are meant to be drip-fed over long spans of time by its loyal fans.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

My patience was seriously tested in Bleach, which was my top anime, but I was never disappointed. Right now I am catching up with Naruto Shippuden because I stopped watching it when I was in HS (which I really regret) and I am also starting on Gintama. I watch those episodes from time to time and just like Tenshi, I watch those without hurrying things because every episode (except the fillers) is important. :D

OS Lurker
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

The longest I've seen is probably One Piece,I went from never having seen an episode to episode 520 or so in about a month (I had a lot of spare time)
    You need a certain intrigue,something to hook you on a series before you decide to go all in,in my opinion XD I give an anime with 100+ eps up to episode 10-ish before I decide to either stop watching or continue,however,I don't recall ever stopping LOL
    I love to marathon anime if I can, mainly to have the entire story fresh in my mind :P gives a better build-up! ^^ (keep in mind through,that for series like naruto & bleach,I skip obvious filler episodes) Long or short,doesn't matter as long as the story is good :3

Ahhh It's A Zombie!!!
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I do prefer longer series but don't have many that I watch. I've been watching Naruto since it came out and Fairy Tail. I've tried to catch up on One Piece but there's just so many episodes that I haven't been able to. Being able to keep up once you've caught up is easy with only one episode coming out per week.
    Thanks to brixdean for the sig xD

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

For me once an anime peakes my interest I can't stop watching it. Its very hard for me to part with it even when i know I have to leave for work in 10 min. I prefer longer series for the simple fact that I don't have to part with it that quick. When I finish a series I'm always left with this empty feeling, and yet I always rush to an ending. For me this is a never ending cycle. I always marathon anime because I guess I am always hungry for a good anime. ^^

the forgotten fool Gilgamesh XD's Avatar
    you know where i live but you forget it ????????????????
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Watching long series will take long time so im watching long with short anime

Shadow Dweller

Upload
    942 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

When i was younger, i started watching Meitantei Conan when it started airing on Adult Swim. When it stopped around ep 52 or so i couldnt watch anymore. Years later when i found it again it was up to 330+ episodes and i figured it would suck trying to watch. But i loved what i saw the first time so i figured it wouldnt be a problem as long as i still liked the show. In short, if you really enjoy an anime but it has a LOT of episodes that you havent seen, if you enjoy the show, you can make it though catching up. You can tough it out during the dull bits because you know that the good parts make up for it all and you see it as always having something good to watch instead of never finishing......well i do at least.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i dont tend to watch long anime bcuz i still go to school and though i learn so much better english and japanese at the same time like reading a manga helps my diction and grammar ^_^

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

For me, I have to get invested into a long show. So far the only long anime I've been able to tolerate is Fairy Tail, which in total is I think 188 episodes currently? I took an instant liking to Lucy, though most of my real favourites don't get much screentime anymore.

Otakustreamer Yuri
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

When I'm watching long anime, I watched like four to five episodes everyday until I finished it. If the anime super interesting I watch ten episodes everyday.
    Spoiler :  

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Too long is only good if you have long vacs. Most anime i watch nowadays is 12 to twenty something episodes due to time limitations.

Anime Samurai >o<
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Fairy Tail and Hunter X Hunter are the two longer animes I have an inclination towards, though after years of dropping it, I'm nearly through bleach as well. I find they are the most fun to watch other people. They have a huge cast giving you a good amount of characters to like/hate and argue about... even if they aren't relevant. They drag out at times enough that you talk during episodes a little but not kill the show. But most importantly, when you hang around the FT guild for 50.. 100... nearly 200 episodes... you grow an attachment. Even though I like other shows more periodically, I've invested too much time and feels in longrunning anime to put most other shows above it. Even if it gets drawn out hardcore or gets a season of filler... or delayed for 2 years.. or 10+ years.

wow. I didn't even mention Gintama... because it doesn't seem long?
    Last edited by screeechbud; 07-03-2014 at 02:15 AM. Reason: gintama!!

OS chef in the making
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I have insomnia so for me it's real easy to marathon a long series like one piece, fairy tail, naruto, etc. my only problem is I also have ADHD so unless progress is made in the next episode I can get bored. I can usually do a 26 ep series within 24 hours.

- Soar high -
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I usually watch long series just like One piece, Naruto, Bleach, Detective conan.

I'm prefer on the stories & graphics