Things you believed as a child
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Magic of 7 Days

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Things you believed as a child

As the title says, what were the things you believed in when you were young?

I used to think that women gets pregnant after kissing with men, thanks to those movies that showed couples kissing after getting married and then fast forward to months later where it shows the woman, now pregnant.

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I used to believe that if you wish on a falling start your wish would come true.
    I used to believe if you look at someone cutting metal with a torch you'll go blind from the light(my grandma told me that a billion times).
    My grandpa tricked me into believing that if when the adults are sacrificing a pig/chicken/sheep whatever the animal in question, if a child looks at the animal he won't die and just suffer untill I look away.
    I used to believe that when u break a mirror you get 7 years of bad luck.

The End-kun
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I thought humans were made of paper. And maybe I still do... so fragile, easily torn apart~ or maybe not I'm not sure if I had a base for this belief but I think it was because of my uncle's death. See, I was with my parents one day, on foot, and my uncle accompanied us on our way home. He was playing with me... or so I'm told... and well, in the silly mood we were in, he wasn't mindful of the road we were crossing and a truck hit him. He died there. I have no recollection of his death but my parents say I cried a lot. However, I do remember talking with kids my age and telling them that people are made of paper, saying how they are easily destroyed or stained or whatever. And not just any paper, I had a completely white blank page in mind.

The bane of your potato. SoulTaku's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I used to believe that when you got hit on your head you need to hit the other side too so that the position of the brain will go back to normal.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

i used to believe that when you in bed and the lights are off, a monster will come into your room and mess with you. the only way to prevent that was to have all you stuffed animals surround you and protect you... I had about 30 stuffed animals as a kid because of this. that and the fact i thought they were all my friends

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I used to believe that when it rained, it rained all across the world (not just my town).
    I used to believe that there where little people inside the VHS tapes and they would all go back to the starting point when I rewond
    I used to believe if I swallowed a seed whole, it would eventually grow into a giantbeanstalk within my belly
    I used to believe that if I stepped on a crack I would break my mother's back (I stepped on a lot of cracks...)
    I used to believe skittles were literally made out of garbage because my father said they were garbage. I later found out that they were just sugary candy and subsequently became hooked on them.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

The only thing I really remember from what I believed in as a kid are monsters and ghosts, which I was sure existed at the time. There is probably a whole bunch of other trivial facts and stuff that I thought were true, but I forget what they were. I think I also believed that Pokemon were real too.
    "Pull on your hood and open your eyes."-Mekakushi Dan

Big Breasted Chibi misakikimura's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

i used to believe about witches and sorceries. i remember when i was a kid i believed that i have the power to control the wind,eh? Cause whenever i wish for strong winds, it would blow and poof. so yeah. This sounds ridiculous but yeah. i used to believe that.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

➜ I used to believe that entering a story book and living inside it is possible. If you've watched an episode of Blues Clues, you would know what I'm talking about here. Basically, I was so jealous of Steve for being able to enter straight into a painting or a picture just by doing a mini song and dance presentation. As a little girl, I owned way too many colored storybooks of Disney Princesses and I've always wanted to go inside and experience the life of a princess myself. I remember standing in front of an open storybook and doing various dances just so I can go inside. I think I did that for a long time whilst switching dances and words to use for my song from time to time because I thought that maybe I was not dancing it right or maybe there's a designated time for me to go. Uhh.. I eventually grew out of that bubble. Thankfully, I did all those attempts inside my room so nobody knew what I was up to.

➜ I used to believe that by having the Book of the Dead, I'd be able to resurrect anyone who has gone up above or down below and make the families of those who are deceased happy again. That's thanks to the films The Mummy and The Mummy Returns which I extremely love because it was about Egypt and mummies. I once vowed to myself that I'd go to Egypt, specifically in Hamunaptra, steal the Book of the Dead, come back home and start resurrecting those who are dead. Eventually, reality hit me.. and it hurt. I became so sad knowing that when somebody dies, that's the end and there's nothing I can do about it.

loves ero neko

Upload
    117 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i used to believe that humans (humanity) are good
    untill i was around 8yrs old...
    Spoiler :  

Below Average

Upload
    3109 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,336 Times in 256 Posts
    Blog Entries

I used to believe that supernatural couples (ghost, etc.) are having a marriage ceremony when the sun's up and the rain pours at the same time. Pathetic, I know.

marshmello's
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Qualtz View Post

I used to think that women gets pregnant after kissing with men, thanks to those movies that showed couples kissing after getting married and then fast forward to months later where it shows the woman, now pregnant.
    Mine is almost the same :) I believed when I was young that children came from BOTH parents. I remember when I was young, I was talking with my bro. We were looking at the big picture frame with the picture of our parents when they were married. I asked my brother: "Hey, where do you think you were from? From mom or dad? He said from mom. But he also asked me where did I think I came from, I said I came from dad xD LoL its so embarassing, I didn't know anything then. And then, one day, I got so curious and asked my mom where we came from. She said from me ofcourse, and I was like -.-'' What da?! And then I knew then that only females can give birth :D I was only 3 or 4 then :)
    Last edited by Kathleen Senpai; 12-25-2013 at 01:15 AM.

Magic of 7 Days

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kathleen180 View Post
    Mine is almost the same :) I believed when I was young that children came from BOTH parents. I remember when I was young, I was talking with my bro. We were looking at the big picture frame with the picture of our parents when they were married. I asked my brother: "Hey, where do you think you were from? From mom or dad? He said from mom. But he also asked me where did I think I came from, I said I came from dad xD LoL its so embarassing, I didn't know anything then. And then, one day, I got so curious and asked my mom where we came from. She said from me ofcourse, and I was like -.-'' What da?! And then I knew then that only females can give birth :D I was only 3 or 4 then :)
    Hahaha, that reminds me of the time when I was around 6-7, I saw my aunt helping my cousin take a bath. I noticed "she" was missing that thing in my crotch. I asked my mother if she accidentally lost hers. Didn't think male and female were THAT different back then.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

babies bought from the hospital , that my dad was a sweeper and lied to us about being a doctor because i saw him in scrubs one day and thought it was a sweepers uniform. this isnt from me but when someone told my sister how babies are really born her reply was "thats absurd, if that was the case they'd just fall in the toilet and get flushed away"

@infront of computer table sitting like a Boss
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Qualtz View Post

well yes xD i believe like that also that's why i'm too afraid if a boy will dare to kiss me.. But thanks to anime xD

Oh and also :3 i believed in happy endings >.> but last night i just cried for believing about that stupid thing :3

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I used to believe that pregnancies happen when a man and woman spend enough time together, that it was a result of simply being together.
    Rise again, rise again - though your heart it be broken
    And life about to end
    No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend.
    Like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I used to believe i can reach the moon if i climb up the hill, mountain or the tallest building. I also used to believe that the sun is going down underwater when i see it set on the beach.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I used to believe that:
    -If you don't cover your feet at night, monsters will get it.
    -A Japanese Doll in a glass case was alive
    -You can touch the Stars
    -The world is small

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I used to believe:
    - that my dad is the strongest man in the world
    - that I´ll die if I don´t eat my veggies
    - that the stars will one day fall down on us if I sneeze too loud

The Clockwork Engineer Onoranna's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Eating the crusts of your sandwich makes your hair grow curly, and sitting too close to the tv makes your eyes go square.
    Instead of regretting what we cannot do, it is better to do what one can. For example, what we do has nothing to do with results and so we must forge forwards. ~ Yuuko Ichihara