How many of you have done Online Class
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default How many of you have done Online Class

Me Personally have done one when I was in 9th grade I had to do Algebra I again online because I failed.. And I finished it in two months Thank God.. How about u have tried Online class

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I have tried an online class in college. Its not half bad honestly because something will be due on saturday @ 11:59 pm, so you can just not do anything until saturday and just smash the homework :D Sometimes you get lucky and its a multiple choice sheet you have to complete. Those tend to have 100-200 questions, but over a whole day it goes by fast. The only problem is, if you're the type of learner that needs someone there to help them out, this isn't for you when you go to college. Uhh also, when I first started the course, I did slack off a bit, but I pulled through in the end >:)
    :)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

i tried teaching on online class for korean students but i haven't experience it.

Been here six years! WHOO
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I considered online classes to try and learn a bit more on computer software. I ended up going to a technical college because if I was allowed that much free time, I'd become lazy and probably not even do the homework that was required. Though I always can read online that's free.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i'm still in the process of enrolling for a language class :)

OS Patron

Upload
    1210 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

This is something I have been considering because I am doing an art course but I also want to do a psychology course along side of it. However, the university I am attending does not provide these sort of services so I was contemplating doing one online but I have to do a bit more research into it before hand. If anyone has done this in the past while being at university please respond to this and tell me about your experience with it. :)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Bunislipper View Post
    This is something I have been considering because I am doing an art course but I also want to do a psychology course along side of it. However, the university I am attending does not provide these sort of services so I was contemplating doing one online but I have to do a bit more research into it before hand. If anyone has done this in the past while being at university please respond to this and tell me about your experience with it. :)
    You will need to see if the site or college you are taking the online class at is giving TRANSFERABLE CREDITS after you complete them. This means that if you take the class online and complete it, you can carry it with you no matter where you go(as long as they accept them). There are some classes online that you can't bring with you to other campuses or universities. So be very careful and make sure its a credited school and the credits are transferable.
    Last edited by Sagemode; 09-12-2013 at 11:44 PM. Reason: I wrote "can are" THATS NOT ENGLISH!!! >:||||
    :)

OS Patron

Upload
    1210 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Sagemode View Post
    You will need to see if the site or college you are taking the online class at is giving TRANSFERABLE CREDITS after you complete them. This means that if you take the class online and complete it, you can carry it with you no matter where you go(as long as they accept them). There are some classes online that you can't bring with you to other campuses or universities. So be very careful and make sure its a credited school and the credits are transferable.
    Hmmm, credits aren't something that the United Kingdom look at but I get what you're saying. If the course can not be counted as an actual degree is what I am guessing you mean?

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I attended an online school called the Khan Academy. And it saved my sorry butt in Math because I failed in it. ;-; Site's pretty hardcore and if you have problems with Math, I highly recommend going to this website.

What are you looking at!? SugarKetch's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

No, I have not experience it, (then why the heck did you post!?) yet. (okay ._.) Maybe as soon as I'm migrated in US, that's the time.

marshmello's
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Wow we have this?! O.O I didn't know xD
    But seems pretty cool even though I haven't tried it :D

- Soar high -
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I didn't try :(
    we have this T^T

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I took a Human Geography course and two history courses online at university. Overall, they were rather easy, and the work load, while more than a regular class, wasn't all that bad either. The only reason I never really took any more is that the higher level courses that are of any use to my major aren't offered online.

I was going to sign up for a required public speaking course online, but then I found out you had to record yourself doing talks in public places in front of random strangers, so I opted against that and took the in-class version which only had in-class presentations.

OS Anthropologist

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yes, to recover half a credit of grade 12 Literature. It wasn't so bad, honestly, you don't have to carry books and paper around, all you need is a computer and to apply yourself to the work you have and go for it. I'm going to take online college classes when I begin my education in university.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kathleen Senpai View Post
    Wow we have this?! O.O I didn't know xD
    But seems pretty cool even though I haven't tried it :D
    Lol I haven't tried this as well. But this seems pretty cool, I want to try it out XD I only took tests online in our computer class at school.

OS Regular
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I took my Medical Coding program online (here in the USA). I have just finished the whole program (36 units) this spring.

The Artistic Writer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Okay, I can comment on this because I am currently taking my masters exclusively online. Having said that, you really have to be motivated to do well in online classes. If you have no motivation to get your work time on a timely basis or make time to study, you will not do well.

Having said that, I have had both good and bad experiences. My first online class that I ever took (back in community college days) was boring to say the least. It was very hard to stay motivated. The next two online classes turned into more of chore than anything. I love my current online program; the teachers are very involved and while there is a lot of work, it's not too too bad. Just don't procrastinate like I am currently doing with my one class -.- because it will kill you when the assignment is due by the end of the week.
    Take on the world with a smile because "happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light." Albus Dumbledore

Circle Swiiinnnggg☆☆☆ Fuzzy Dice's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

You have to be "Damn Filthy Rich" to have a class like...
    were just poor okay T^T

OS chef in the making
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I took online classes in high school cause I failed my normal high school classes.

Let the Good Times Roll

Where the road ends and the journey begins.
    Upload
    405 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I took several online courses when I was in college for my Social Worker degree.

Crisis Intervention, Palative Care, Uppers, Downers, and All Arounders, and Bereavement.

Just an FYI. Most online classes are "accelerated" meaning what would normally take a campus course 8 weeks to be completed will take just 4 weeks to complete so the course is "condensed" meaning it just touches on the basics or the important aspects or parts that you need to know.