[PH Members] How to get a credit card, Donate to OS and Build a good credit standing!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default [PH Members] How to get a credit card, Donate to OS and Build a good credit standing!

(I don't know where to put this so please move this topic to where you see fit)

Alright kababayans, you may or may not know this but there is a way to get a card that could help you shop online, through paypal and direct means as well as use it for other online purposes such as *ehem* donating to OS *ehem* as long as you're at least 10 years old, possessing a valid id for registration and a 500php processing fee...

The only catch? Its... prepaid.

Presenting the BPI E-Prepaid Credit Card It has been around for more than a year now and its helping more and more people in learning the values of building up good credit without the risk of going overboard with purchases and other hidden charges

Easy to apply, 100% guaranteed approval, easy to load and easy to use! The card is MasterCard based so it can be used at all physical and online establishments who welcomes the MasterCard logo. The card also loadable up to 50,000php and is valid for a maximum of 2 years (renewable)

To Apply for a card, all you need to do is the following:
    - prepare the requirements
    - Go to any BPI branch and fill out an application form
    - Wait for five working days processing

And voila! you have a MasterCard ready to be used for online purchasing!

All you need to do now is to login to your paypal account (create a free one if you dont have one yet), register your newly acquired prepaid card details and your set to go!

To load your prepaid card, go to any BPI branch and load the card by paying the amount you desired through bill payments for credit cards.

Now for the most important part... Donating!
    A simple currency math:

a dollar right now is about 40.58php so if youre going to donate a minimum of 5$, multiply 40.58 by 5. Its that simple! so simple the answer is... err... uhm... anyways...

So there you go kababayans! by reading this post, you now have the knowledge and the power to donate to OS and shop online!

But always remember... With great credit comes great responsibility!!
    Card Games in Video games made me learn about rules... When to follow them, when to use them, when to abuse them and when to break them ... All to my advantage ^_^

2. The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to JEenerio For This Useful Post:

04shinigami (08-12-2014), Aisuu (06-05-2013), akykko13 (01-06-2014), Arjoie (06-02-2014), asterix2020 (06-04-2013), Benito24 (10-17-2014), Bloody Envy (08-16-2014), Bunnilla (03-19-2013), capzlock (01-08-2014), Fallon (12-11-2014), fvr53421 (02-26-2014), Gilgamesh XD (06-22-2014), Knipyoko (05-25-2013), Louise Chan (04-15-2014), Lyff87 (01-15-2014), Midori Night (09-16-2013), misakikimura (03-14-2013), PenggMC (03-31-2015), Skipress (03-28-2015)

Big Breasted Chibi misakikimura's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Gawd. This is soooooooo helpful. Okay. Imma try this.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to misakikimura For This Useful Post:

azurada15 (10-17-2014)

OS Vampire

Upload
    1795 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,900 Times in 362 Posts
    Blog Entries

Another possibility:

Union Bank Eon Account - This is a debit account though not a prepaid account. Or well actually its the same sort of. You apply, more or less you will be approved except you only pay php. 350 but you need to renew in 1 year. Applying is simple, just go to union bank submit an application bring 2 valid IDs (preferably one of the two to be an employee ID) After they get the application they'd tell you to call after a week or two if I am not mistaken. Once approved just go to that union bank branch to claim your debit card which has VISA which can be linked to paypal to donate as well.

I'll sticky this thread for ph members to see.
    Last edited by Kobowo; 03-16-2013 at 11:21 AM.
    Guys I'm a retired staff member, don't come to me for username changes anymore xD its funny having to reply to personal messages 3 months old HAHAHA

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Kobowo For This Useful Post:

assasin (02-16-2014)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Thanks for the advice!

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

really helps.. thanks

Mayora 13-sama
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I got my own BPI ePrepaid card but don't have money loaded yet :))

Anyways, if you plan on getting BPI ePrepaid, it's really easy so go get yours now just prepare 500Php when claiming your card. :))
    Last edited by o0oabhie; 05-09-2013 at 12:25 AM.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kobowo View Post
    Another possibility:

Union Bank Eon Account - This is a debit account though not a prepaid account. Or well actually its the same sort of. You apply, more or less you will be approved except you only pay php. 350 but you need to renew in 1 year. Applying is simple, just go to union bank submit an application bring 2 valid IDs (preferably one of the two to be an employee ID) After they get the application they'd tell you to call after a week or two if I am not mistaken. Once approved just go to that union bank branch to claim your debit card which has VISA which can be linked to paypal to donate as well.

I'll sticky this thread for ph members to see.
    EON card is easier to obtain than E-Prepaid. I inquired about E-prepaid and they required me to open an account in BPI before they could give me an E-prepaid. Processing takes about 5-7 days depending on location. On the other hand, Unionbank requires you to first apply online before proceeding in the bank. After online application, a reference number will be given and you can get your card in your preferred pick up location. You can get the EON card on that very same day.

OS Vampire

Upload
    1795 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,900 Times in 362 Posts
    Blog Entries

Really? It's like that now? when I first applied I did it on site and nope it didn't take one day. It took me 2 weeks I think to get approved for the EON one.

I didn't know you needed another account to be able to be approved for eprepaid though. LOL
    Guys I'm a retired staff member, don't come to me for username changes anymore xD its funny having to reply to personal messages 3 months old HAHAHA

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Kobowo View Post
    Really? It's like that now? when I first applied I did it on site and nope it didn't take one day. It took me 2 weeks I think to get approved for the EON one.

I didn't know you needed another account to be able to be approved for eprepaid though. LOL
    Yep, they suggested applying online. After receiving the reference number I went to the bank, signed some papers and then I was told to wait. I thought it would take around a week, but then, here comes the teller holding my eon card. And said "You can now check it in our atm, you can use it in paypal too." Wow, that was quick! Yeah, it was definitely a great one specially if you need it in an urgent mission. LOL xD

The E-Prepaid is also a good one but you need to have at least an ATM account with BPI. When I mentioned that my payroll is under BPI, they said it can be linked with the E-Prepaid so that there will be no need to apply for a new account.

I forgot to mention. BPI E-Prepaid is only limited to Php 50,000 while Unionbank EON is limitless. LOL.... You can load it with more than Php 50,000
    Last edited by thermonuke; 05-25-2013 at 10:50 PM.

牛のゴースト
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by thermonuke View Post
    Yep, they suggested applying online. After receiving the reference number I went to the bank, signed some papers and then I was told to wait. I thought it would take around a week, but then, here comes the teller holding my eon card. And said "You can now check it in our atm, you can use it in paypal too." Wow, that was quick! Yeah, it was definitely a great one specially if you need it in an urgent mission. LOL xD

The E-Prepaid is also a good one but you need to have at least an ATM account with BPI. When I mentioned that my payroll is under BPI, they said it can be linked with the E-Prepaid so that there will be no need to apply for a new account.

I forgot to mention. BPI E-Prepaid is only limited to Php 50,000 while Unionbank EON is limitless. LOL.... You can load it with more than Php 50,000
    While EON is very easy to get, I think this BPI e-card is good too though I can't say it's better. This (BPI e-card) is very much preferable for students and NEETs since it's system is like that of loading your own mobile but then you have to have your own BPI account ( ._.) I think what we need is a donating system which involves GCash or something similar :D I told Jim about this a few years ago but he said he'll try to find a way. We'll just have to wait I guess XD

믿어요
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default GCASH PayPal

I have been a long time GCASH user, and after a very long time of wishful thinking a new service aptly called the GCASH AMEX or GCASH American Virtual Express Virtual Pay makes it possible to link GCASH to PayPal. As such we are now able to make online payments/donations/purchase through PayPal with the GCASH mobile wallet as the source, which means we can donate to OS. Hurray!!!

With the assumption that you already have a GCASH and PayPal account, here's what you have to do:

1. Please make sure that you have an existing/active GCASH account. -_-

2. Then you need to undergo a process called the KYC which can be done in Globe Stores nationwide.

Spoiler for What is a KYC?

3. After you have been KYC'ed, you may now sign-up for a GCASH American Express Virtual Pay account or the GCASH AMEX for short, which you can do so here.
    Spoiler :  

4. At this point make sure you load up your GCASH wallet with at least Php200 (just to be safe) for the verification fees required by PayPal to confirm your account. All fees are refunded after successful verification.

5. Link your GCASH AMEX to Paypal

Spoiler :  

6. Verify your PayPal account.

You need to call 2882 to ask for your 4-digit verification code.
    However when I called the CSR told me to forward my concerns through e-mail with the following details:
    Spoiler :  

I received my 4-digit verification code within two days.

Please take note that the process of retrieval for PayPal verification codes might change without prior notice. Therefore it is better to call 2882 first.
    This process collects a verification fee as well. It is also refundable but unlike the first verification fee it is refunded directly to your PayPal account (as soon as you enter the 4-digit verification code) instead to your GCASH wallet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that you're (hopefully) successful with doing all the steps that I so graciously provided.
    You are now able to maximize your use of GCASH to make donations to OS, *ahem* buy apps and other digital content, and purchase items online even without a credit card.
    Spoiler :  
    " The sun sets, the wind blows, and the red petals are scattered."

Always Keep the Faith
    ☆☆☆★★
    Cassiopeia

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I wanna try this, Thanks JEenerio

牛のゴースト
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by utauchan View Post
    I have been a long time GCASH user, and after a very long time of wishful thinking a new service aptly called the GCASH AMEX or GCASH American Virtual Express Virtual Pay makes it possible to link GCASH to PayPal. As such we are now able to make online payments/donations/purchase through PayPal with the GCASH mobile wallet as the source, which means we can donate to OS. Hurray!!!

With the assumption that you already have a GCASH and PayPal account, here's what you have to do:

1. Please make sure that you have an existing/active GCASH account. -_-

2. Then you need to undergo a process called the KYC which can be done in Globe Stores nationwide.

Spoiler for What is a KYC?

3. After you have been KYC'ed, you may now sign-up for a GCASH American Express Virtual Pay account or the GCASH AMEX for short, which you can do so here.
    Spoiler :  

4. At this point make sure you load up your GCASH wallet with at least Php200 (just to be safe) for the verification fees required by PayPal to confirm your account. All fees are refunded after successful verification.

5. Link your GCASH AMEX to Paypal

Spoiler :  

6. Verify your PayPal account.

You need to call 2882 to ask for your 4-digit verification code.
    However when I called the CSR told me to forward my concerns through e-mail with the following details:
    Spoiler :  

I received my 4-digit verification code within two days.

Please take note that the process of retrieval for PayPal verification codes might change without prior notice. Therefore it is better to call 2882 first.
    This process collects a verification fee as well. It is also refundable but unlike the first verification fee it is refunded directly to your PayPal account (as soon as you enter the 4-digit verification code) instead to your GCASH wallet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now that you're (hopefully) successful with doing all the steps that I so graciously provided.
    You are now able to maximize your use of GCASH to make donations to OS, *ahem* buy apps and other digital content, and purchase items online even without a credit card.
    OMG NO WAY!! Thanks Utau XD

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

This is Worth The Reading Thanks For The Help

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

can i just pay through paypal

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thanks for sharing.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

ok ok ok ok ok ok ok

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i will try this it is much safer for me i am afraid to use my card online

Want An Anime Items, Gadgets delivered directly to your home!!! Visit https://www.samuraibuyer.jp /en/

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

since you've made this type of thread..which is quite informative.. can you also please make a follow up on budgeting and the responsible ways of how to spend one's money? =) it would be great and extremely helpful if you could also somehow expound on the last statement on your thread "With great credit comes great responsibility!" i like making blogs and small notes on these subjects and i would love to hear your inputs =)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

This really helped a lot!!!
    thank's!!!
    "I am the ruler of my fate, And the Commander of my Soul."