How many Manga Books do you have?
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I cant even sniff manga where I live, so sadly I have 0 mangas T_T
    the shipping costs a lot.....but I do plan to buy some which I really liked and keep them as memories probably when I make my own money ^^

2. The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to castlella For This Useful Post:

eaterfieldy (06-21-2015), eweggetitus (07-27-2015), lizzolowill (07-27-2015)

Otakustreamer Yuri
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I have one, more like novel manga I have. I bought it at my Anime Convention couple years ago
    Spoiler :  

4. The Following User Says Thank You to triniman15 For This Useful Post:

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Sad to say I really don't have a single book but I do have a lot in my ipad since I just read them online and download them

Lucky16GhurL

I have nothing. haha since i could read it online so, I dont need it. I dont even have the time to go to a bookstore. lol

OS Regular
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Only 9.

5 volumes of Cardcaptor Sakura, and 4 volumes of Pokemon~ Only bought these back in high school... which reminds me, I should at least complete my CCS manga. xD

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I dont usually buy manga books because I cant afford them but I do have 5 "My Hime" mangas I bought from a garage sale and I love them so much XD funny story though, I had 5 of them and the one my mother had to try and look at had to be the one with them taking a bath naked in a hot spring at the very beginning, talk about bad luck hahaha XD

Kawaii Alluka's Onii-chan

Kukuroo Mountain, Dentora, Republic of Padokia
    Upload
    578 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I only have Fairy Tail in my shelf. Getting a hand of manga here in our place is really really difficult. >A<)
    Last edited by xuei0000; 04-24-2015 at 10:04 AM.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I only have 8 Maid-sama manga... I use to have about 150 volumes, but I've been selling them for extra money

Thanks

I have 40+ and they just keep growing...

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I actually don't have any. I will probably try to start collecting some in the near future, since the availability in the U.S is growing, although grabbing some light novels is of higher priority for me right now.

Novice Uploader

Upload
    225 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't have any …(•̩̩̩̩_•̩̩̩̩) I read manga online but if I ever have the money to buy it I probably gonna have a library of it. \(@ ̄∇ ̄@)/

RP Union Head
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I read manga online so I don't have as much books as I wish I could have, but that being said I have the entire Highschool of the Dead series and two books of Fairy Tail. Although it feels much better reading a manga book and turning pages than looking at my computer screen

The OS Masochist/Sadist SereiMadoshi's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Unfortunately, I have a perfect 0 score!

Well, I spend a LOT. Especially on food LOL. That's why I barely save any money and I don't have the chance to buy one.

Also, I feel like why do I need to buy manga when I can read it online :3 *me is so bad*

But I borrowed some manga with my otaku friends, which were Pokemon and some vampire thingy manga(forgot the title) XD

"The Spirit of Politeness and Austerity, thou who gives power to kings, bring forth the great hellfire that judges the earth!"
    Amol Al-Bador Saiqa!

OS Regular
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Let's see...*digs in box to start counting*
    All of Fruits Basket-23 +2 fanbook +1 sticker book + 1 japanese import artbook
    About 2/3 of Fullmetal Alchemist-16 or so
    Both series of Petshop of Horrors-22, last 4 in Japanese I'm not quite talented enough to read yet
    All of Mokke in Japanese I really can't read yet-9
    6 volumes of Hetalia
    Random short series by Fumi Yoshinaga-5 volumes
    House of Five Leaves and other Natsume Ono works-10
    No Longer Human-3
    Tezuka's Barbara-1
    Mihara's Doll-6
    2 art/fanbooks of Mahoraba
    The 7 volumes of the middle of the Shinji Ikari Raising Project that my library doesn't have and were half price at RightStuf
    3 Junko Mizuno's, 1 Moto Hagio, 1 AX, 1 Haruhi spinoff, 1 Kurosagi Corpse Delivery Service, and Monokuro Kinderbook.
    So, =120? Wow. Didn't think there were that many.
    Then there are a few book books: 2 Karin light novels(again, library didn't have these volumes), several Otsuichi novels and 2 volumes of Kenji Miyazawa short stories, including Night on the Galactic Railroad and Restaurant of Many Orders.
    There's also several volumes of old Japanese literature in English, like the Pillow Book, Tale of Genji (unabridged, of course), Kojiki, Nihongi, other Heian-era diaries, poetry collections and No dramas. 4 volume set of Journey to the West too, but that's Chinese originally.
    I probably also go through a few hundred library books a year, and sometimes they purchase things because I've requested them.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I don't like the idea of spending money on a large manga collection, though I do actually have a few books in storage somewhere.

I think it's a load of bull how expensive the people who import manga set the prices. In Japan, isn't manga supposed to be easily available, dirt-cheap and disposable entertainment?

Kawaii Alluka's Onii-chan

Kukuroo Mountain, Dentora, Republic of Padokia
    Upload
    578 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zombiecancer View Post
    I think it's a load of bull how expensive the people who import manga set the prices. In Japan, isn't manga supposed to be easily available, dirt-cheap and disposable entertainment?
    I don't like to buy something expensive so I buy them on Book Sale, a bookstore here in our place. It's sale so the prices are low. But what I like in there is that the book/manga is still in good condition, no folds and looks new, so it's worth it. But then again, the titles are limited.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Now? None.

I-I sold them all......

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

ZERO!! i really dont have money .. seriously i only have access to internet since its also used for work nothing else haha
    U A God of this World? Then your'e getting close to me "The King Of The Universe"

Man that humanity forgots Lancaster's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Unfortunately, due to lack of money, the no. of manga I own is 0. Well, I saw one before but I find it really expensive. So, I just read manga in Internet.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

3 years ago, I was but a humble less than 20 volumes (not including magazines). in the last year, I've increased my property exponentially and it's going to keep growing. Recently B&N had a 3 for 2 sale on manga and I finally decided to buy the SKip Beat manga which I split half and half with my sister on the price since she loves it too. But when it comes time to move, she agreed to let me keep them =D Spent half a day trying to find the best bang for my buck over B&N and rightstuf prices.

I only buy mangas that I really really like/enjoyed which means me rereading them a lot online before finally deciding to purchase them. I mostly buy on ebay since many of the ones I own are OOP and I buy it gently used.

I love manga and I really want to try and support the mangaka so recently it's not like my collection is exclusively OOP. I want to because scanlating is looked down upon by mangakas and it is essentially pirating of mangas. I know I'm not doing anything good by reading it off online but I try to do my part by purchasing eventually.

Also I'll never buy digital manga. NOT WORTH IT
    Last edited by Rhine111; 07-26-2015 at 03:53 PM.