Is it Okay for Men to Compliment Other Men?
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    OS Sponsor

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Sure, unless it's not done in a gay manner.
    Let the whole free world see
    how glory is made in empires.

♥Panda Princess♥

Upload
    242 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I don't think there is anything wrong if men compliment other men. Like "hey man, love your hat. Where ya get it?" Fufufuf~
    Procrastinator by day. Insomiac by night ♥

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

There are some things 99.9% of guys don't mind being complimented on. Like "Hey dude, you've got an epic beard", or "That's an awesome Skyrim tattoo you've got, man". Some other things aren't really minded as long as you do it right: "Rocking the pink polo shirt today, bro! Nice!"

To each their own, though. I drew the line when one of my coworkers told me that "you know, you'd make a really good-looking woman".

4. The Following User Says Thank You to LastVanguard For This Useful Post:

purpledrank (02-09-2016)

/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Upload
    1769 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 3,489 Times in 333 Posts

I don't think there's anything wrong with a man complimenting another man. However, I think it's fair for me to draw a line between what's appropriate and what's not. No one wants to receive a skeevy, backhanded compliment that's really an insult in disguise. And some men don't want to be receive compliments that they interpret as flirting (if the man is straight). As long as the compliment falls on the acceptable side of the line then it's perfectly fine.

After all, men are just as susceptible to flattery as women are even though they don't like to admit it :P

Thanks

I complement everyone equally. You're all such good slaves.

Regular Uploader

Upload
    157 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

It all depends on the type of the compliments given for instance if its a new haircut, sunglasses, car or hell even just something as mundane as painting the fence of building something in the backyard. those compliments are OK and should be given if such things were made. Now compliments about his physical appearance, how he looks or his lady. those compliments are a big NO you never do such thing if you are a man to another man. Its creepy

Thanks

Lol. Prudii is probably pretty correct, but I think anything goes any time if you can judge the situation properly.

Death Moonlight Prince sasuke15y's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Complimenting other men to how their appearance look is something creepy. Well it matters to what would you want to compliment to him and the type of compliment

The Artistic Writer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I was always curious about this, being a girl, on why guys don't seem to compliment each other more often. I agree with the previous statements about generic comments about strength or being cool and why guys are afraid of sounding gay.
    I will tell you I'm not one of those giggly types at all when it comes to men - another stereotype. I have hard time relating to my female coworkers when they say some guy is hot or cute; my comment is usually like 'oh yeah' and that's that. I never did comment on a guy's appearance because I was always too shy about that; of course, now I got my fiance so now I'm good. As others note, there is line on what's appropriate and what's not.
    Take on the world with a smile because "happiness can be found in the darkest of times if one only remembers to turn on the light." Albus Dumbledore

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i compliment other guys, nothing wrong with it. it doesn't have to be the looks, it could be his brains, too. i think it's healthy if a guy can easily compliment other guys and move on just as quickly. u don't have to be gay just to compliment other people. ;]]
    I wake to the most beautiful time of day and bask my eyes to the early morning sunlight.

I slumber to the most serene time of night and dream of the clear sparkling starlight.

He Who Must Not Be Named
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

its just how you say it you that person...but sometimes if they did it to me...but its not really a compliment..but rather a tease...so i just tell them..ill just take it as a compliment lol :D

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Complimenting other people is not a bad thing. But, for me, when other guy compliments other guy, especially on the physical features, they think that person is gay. The norm of masculinity is still in the society.

Thanks

I don't see what's bad about it, I do it regularly, we all need approval.
    "WHY ISN'T IT WORKING??!"

Thanks

Basically most men doesn't even care about it... "what has been told, has been told" der aint a bad thing about it.

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

Otakustreamer Yuri
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

It's okay for men to compliment other men just like how women compliment other women. Not unless you have really immature friends that would think that the guy that complimented the other guy would label you as a person that likes the same gender, but again what's wrong with liking the same gender too? Anyways not on that topic lol for me it's just normal for men to compliment other men if they know that they mean it in a normal way. :T

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

yeah why not?? theres nothing wrong with it... if you really dont compliment which in your mind you alerady did... its kind of envy in your side ...
    "Trust your own instinct. Your mistake might as well be your own, instead of someone else's" - Billy Wilder

OS Regular
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Of course it is as long as you say no homo at the end...lol

Shadow Dweller

Upload
    942 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Sure though there's a limit on what's said. "Nice outfit/hair/watch/cologne" etc are just fine. But too much detail makes it kinda awkward. Everyone likes a nice confidence boost though.