PDA

View Full Version : Rules before Posting and Reading Stories/Original Manga and Poem

KeiichiMamoru
05-10-2009, 08:20 PM
Rules before posting Stories/Original Manga:

Rules for Fanfiction, Original Manga, Original Stories, Original Poems Section:

1. All fan fictions/stories/original manga/poems must be rated PG-13 (That means 'no' mature scenes, contacts are limited to kissing and hugging only.)

2. For the Writers/Mangaka: Please make a new thread in the Reviews/Comments section using the title of your story/manga for the Reader's Comments and please put the direct link of your Story/Manga's Review Thread in your story before or after each chapter it's your choice where to put it.[For example: 'Please Review here: direct link of your Story's review thread'.] (btw, thanks solidoxygen for this rule.)

3. You can use any genre in your Fanfiction/stories, from romance, angst.... to comedy.

4. The One Thread per Story or Poem and One Post per Chapter Rule (If you already made a story and you want to post the new chapter, please don't make a new thread.)

5. And last but not the least, Enjoy yourselves.

-For the Fan Fiction section:

1. All fan fictions must be taken from an Anime or from a Game.

2. Please use 'disclaimers' on your fanfictions to show respect to the original creators of the anime/game. (For example: 'Disclaimer: I do not own ----')

3. Yuri and Yaoi anime are accepted but please keep it PG-13.

-For the Original Manga section:

1. Self-drawn or Original Mangas are accepted.

-For the Original Stories section:

1. Self-made Stories are accepted.(That means your 'own' story can be posted here.)

-For the Reviews/ Comments section:

1. For the readers: Please don't over-criticize the story and don't bad-mouth the writers if you disapprove his/her story, and if you want to Comment/Review the story please use the Reviews threads the link can be found in the writer/mangaka's story/manga.

-For the Poem section:

1. One Poem per Thread Rule.

2. No need to create a Review and Comment Thread for each Poem.

Note: If you have questions about the rules please PM me.

solidoxygen
05-10-2009, 08:40 PM
rule 1 is no fun at all.

If there are eventually a lot of stories, it might be a bit difficult, or a nuisance to have to look for the proper thread to put your comments in.

Perhaps writers should put a link to their stories' respective comments thread at either the beginning or end of their chapter/story.

That way, after you finish reading a story or chapter, you can immediately find where to go rather than search through the comments.

BTW, good luck with this section, I'm looking forward to more stories!

KeiichiMamoru
05-10-2009, 08:43 PM
Bindu-sama said to make it PG-13, so mature scenes are a no-no. xD

avich
05-10-2009, 09:00 PM
Because it is a FanFics and stories section, will it be okay to put original stories?

KeiichiMamoru
05-10-2009, 09:32 PM
If possible, I want the stories to be taken from animes or games but I also want the writers to express their imagination here, so I think I'll accept self-made stories.

avich
05-10-2009, 09:54 PM
Maybe we divide them to two sections. FanFiction and Original Stories?

KeiichiMamoru
05-10-2009, 09:55 PM
Please do, avich-sama.

avich
05-10-2009, 10:34 PM
Added. Please update your rules. :)

Threads made on FanFics and stories (http://otaku-streamers.com/community/admincp/forum.php?do=edit&f=30) are moderated. New threads won't appear until it is approved by the moderator. Posts are not moderated, only threads.

Threads and posts in FanFiction Stories (http://otaku-streamers.com/community/admincp/forum.php?do=edit&f=31) and Original Stories (http://otaku-streamers.com/community/admincp/forum.php?do=edit&f=32) are moderated. New Threads and Posts won't appear until it is approved by the moderator so that only posts from the author will be posted in his/her thread.

Flavylium
05-11-2009, 08:48 AM
Asking!
If I'm asking about people opinion on a story that I'll made
example like I'm asking about the name or the story or something like that...
where would I post if I can??

KeiichiMamoru
05-11-2009, 09:00 AM
I'll make a new thread for that later, thank you for bringing this up.

But to be exact we don't need that 'cause stories came from the writer itself, he/she decides what he/she will write, ignoring what the readers wants to happen.

Sorry about that I just stated my opinion as a writer about your question. Hope you don't mind, scasia-san. xD

zevlag21
05-11-2009, 11:30 AM
hey i am deciding to create a manga but i need help from other people could you help me and when the first chapter is finished could you make a thread for it... thank you

Flavylium
05-12-2009, 01:17 AM
I'll make a new thread for that later, thank you for bringing this up.

But to be exact we don't need that 'cause stories came from the writer itself, he/she decides what he/she will write, ignoring what the readers wants to happen.

Sorry about that I just stated my opinion as a writer about your question. Hope you don't mind, scasia-san. xD

no it's ok...
because I got the idea from my dream and I don't know what to do with the ending...XD
so I want to ask people opinions and I'll choose one that I think is the best...or I'll mix it...

KeiichiMamoru
05-12-2009, 11:51 AM
hey i am deciding to create a manga but i need help from other people could you help me and when the first chapter is finished could you make a thread for it... thank you

Sorry but I can't help you, I'm no good with drawing.

AJjudez
06-12-2010, 09:06 PM
Question if i can make one, can i name the characters of the name of the admin and mods here and also the os members
if it is okey with the admin and mods.... only for supporting characters only i cant think any names so....

KeiichiMamoru
06-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Question if i can make one, can i name the characters of the name of the admin and mods here and also the os members
if it is okey with the admin and mods.... only for supporting characters only i cant think any names so....

Sorry I'll reject if my name is going to be in a story since even I don't use my name when I write a story(it's kinda awkward. :D). I'm not sure about the others though it depends on their decision I'm not going to decide for them, try asking them by PM'ing also the same goes with the Admins and other Mods.

Good Luck. ^^

Snoozy19
06-24-2010, 04:58 PM
WOW!!
After reading a few fanfics, (some, not all) of the authors totally disregard the rules....lol

~Maybe I'll write a story too..(Maybe)

YanoStifler
07-24-2010, 10:21 AM
it's a cool thread i think.
i have lots of novels i made this past few years. i'm thinking of posting one here.(the one i'm currently doing.)
is it okay for evryone? ^^

Biak911
12-29-2010, 09:37 AM
GREAT...Because of that PG - 13 thingI have to tweak most of my stories...Oooh Suggestion: You could put like a mature rating thingy so that other people (Who want to read mature stuff) Can read, and it's because most of my stories are Mature for violence, gore, and other stuff ehe (Umaasa pa ako...)~CIAO and thanks again ^_^

dab117
02-02-2011, 07:56 AM
If a single story is going to have several volumes (e.g. Volume 1 contains 10 chapters, Volume 2 contain xx chapters and so on), must the story be made in a single thread, or can it be divided into several threads for each volume?

kristala
09-04-2011, 03:17 PM
I have a question about rule 2. How do I go about posting a review link into my story? I want to go ahead and do an original story but I'm not how to post a link to another thread. I know how to make a thread but I'm not how to go about this. Let me know.

CloverLeaf
09-04-2011, 03:24 PM
I have a question about rule 2. How do I go about posting a review link into my story? I want to go ahead and do an original story but I'm not how to post a link to another thread. I know how to make a thread but I'm not how to go about this. Let me know.

After posting your story thread, go to the Reviews and Comments (http://otaku-streamers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?33-Reviews-and-Comments) sub-forum and create a thread there. Name it as "Reviews/Comments for *insert your story title here*". Just copy the link of the reviews/comments thread of your story then edit your story thread and put it there.

kevinreygwap
11-29-2011, 12:24 PM
...Can i ask something about how to post or publish a manga series..

it consist of 8 books, each has 100 chapters...

it is a fictional type of manga.. :)

please reply..

we now have a group about this work.. :)

CloverLeaf
11-29-2011, 03:34 PM
...Can i ask something about how to post or publish a manga series..

it consist of 8 books, each has 100 chapters...

it is a fictional type of manga.. :)

please reply..

we now have a group about this work.. :)

Is it your original work? If it is, you can make a thread and post it here:
http://otaku-streamers.com/community/forumdisplay.php?34-Original-Manga

You can upload the images to imageshack.us, photobucket.com or such then post the IMG code.

weirdboots
12-23-2012, 05:58 PM
Hmmm... writing stories.. sounds interesting. ^___^

mashes
12-30-2012, 05:15 AM
ive been thinking about trying to start a fan fiction and i would like to be able to share it with this community. however, there are a few concerns. in the rules it says (unless ive misread) that fan fics need to be based on games or manga, mine would not be and that it would need to pass a pg-13 rating, due to the nature of said story, i think it might hurt it. would it be permissible to create a post with a link within the review section to an external link, or should i place it within a blog and create a link to that? heh, or would the best route be not to bother?

koruuchiha
02-08-2013, 04:36 AM
just a little ecchi in there wouldn't hurt....right? o_o

Benito24
02-08-2013, 05:08 AM
ok! that is plausible I agree to that, although I'm not in to making threads like that I'm more in to posting in threads that is in the rules.

Shinda
03-24-2013, 10:17 AM
I'm not sure if this has been asked, but I'll ask anyways (If it's okay, lol.)

Can't we/they post fan fictions taken from a manga too? :o

BlacKuro
07-01-2014, 08:07 AM
are illustrations for Original Stories allowed? I've been thinking of making illustrations for my story to aid the imagination of readers.....

phantom66
03-20-2015, 05:29 AM
I want to ask about the rule 2 and 4. So your saying that it is only allowed to post 1 story per one thread. So if there is a new chapter on the story, You can just put them on the "Reply to Thread" section? or make a new thread? I am planing to share some of my stories :) well its not great like the others or rather its not perfect :)

CloverLeaf
03-20-2015, 05:32 AM
I want to ask about the rule 2 and 4. So your saying that it is only allowed to post 1 story per one thread. So if there is a new chapter on the story, You can just put them on the "Reply to Thread" section? or make a new thread? I am planing to share some of my stories :) well its not great like the others or rather its not perfect :)

Yep. Easier that way.

kristala
11-24-2015, 06:59 PM
I noticed I asked about this long ago (laughs at self) but I do really want to get motivated to write so I plan on posting my work.
Some questions though:

First is in regard to the PG-13 rule. Is this similar to the gaming rank of T for teen? I don't plan on doing excessive curse words but do have some intense scenarios such as fighting a war as a kid starting at age 10 and growing into 17, struggling against death and his decisions. I want to make sure my work is okay.

Second question is on adding chapters to the story - when I do original story post, do I just start with say the prologue and then post under that prologue for chapter 1? I read this rule but for some reason I can't picture what this looks like in my head. I plan on looking at an example to see if that will help. I want to do this correctly once I get started.

Final question on reviews - When we update our work, do we make a thread so people can review the new chapter or do we use the same thread as before? I'm sure this addressed in the original rules but like I said, can't picture it in my head.
I appreciate all the help.