PDA

View Full Version : Philippines, Who is your Presidential Bet and why?

Kobowo
02-21-2016, 07:03 AM
http://media.philstar.com/images/the-philippine-star/nation/20160219/00-presidents.jpg

It's pretty self-explanatory :1: so what is it? I'm all for Duterte. I wanted Miriam but after seeing how she performed during the debates, I am seriously beginning to doubt her health can take the beating of being a president.

I would also like Poe however I think she lacks enough experience to be placed under the highest position of the RP.

I chose Duterte because I think he means business. And I honestly think he will be assasinated for it. But then again, maybe martyrdom would lead to something good...or worse. :/ Among the aspirants though, I think he has the most conviction of implementing changes that other presidentiables are too afraid to implement.

mlcdl
02-21-2016, 07:23 AM
I'm still undecided on who will pick since each has their own ups and down. However what I'm sure of is I won't vote for Mar. Not only he is the least capable but also the one with the least understanding of the root issues. I don't intend to say Mar has no capability but the fact that he played the defensive card when it comes to political stuff that he could decide not to do so just to defend their party proves to me that he wouldn't be able to become a capable president but instead, only a manager who only understand the upper frame and most likely disregard the lower citizens.

Dudette
02-21-2016, 07:28 AM
Dudette..I mean Duterte all the way!! I admire Santiago but then, her facial expression earlier was horrible. It looked like she was trying her hardest to keep herself from...passing out.

I am absolutely annoyed and disgusted with Mar and Binay. Both only tried their best to promote only themselves without any valid solution for the questions asked in that debate. :/

Poe would be okay...only if she can provide back up with all her plans.

Kobowo
02-21-2016, 07:31 AM
I'm still undecided on who will pick since each has their own ups and down. However what I'm sure of is I won't vote for Mar. Not only he is the least capable but also the one with the least understanding of the root issues. I don't intend to say Mar has no capability but the fact that he played the defensive card when it comes to political stuff that he could decide not to do so just to defend their party proves to me that he wouldn't be able to become a capable president but instead, only a manager who only understand the upper frame and most likely disregard the lower citizens.

The only thing I liked about what he said in the debate was that he actually referenced solid examples of what he has done. However, he has still proven himself unworthy of my vote because he has more failures than victories.

Dudette..I mean Duterte all the way!! I admire Santiago but then, her facial expression earlier was horrible. It looked like she was trying her hardest to keep herself from...passing out.

I am absolutely annoyed and disgusted with Mar and Binay. Both only tried their best to promote only themselves without any valid solution for the questions asked in that debate. :/

Poe would be okay...only if she can provide back up with all her plans.

I absolutely hated how Mar got the cheers of majority of the people inside the room. I am starting to wonder if the people invited were all Mar's allies. This is more or less Duterte territory yet Mar gets most of the applause.

CloverLeaf
02-21-2016, 07:36 AM

You only mentioned Mar as someone you're definitely not voting for. Please don't tell me you're contemplating of voting for Binay. :58:

mlcdl
02-21-2016, 07:45 AM
You only mentioned Mar as someone you're definitely not voting for. Please don't tell me you're contemplating of voting for Binay. :58:

I don't want to admit it but he is capable despite all the "political attacks" on him. Chances of me voting him is low but it still possible.

Kobowo
02-21-2016, 08:09 AM
Binay did poorly on the debate though. He may have some skills but if his communication skills and ability to convince the public are this bad I really don't think he's fit for the position.

GhaiLa
02-21-2016, 08:51 AM
pres: duterte
vice: marcos
senate pres: santiago

Philippines needs.. as what we call it "kamay na bakal"

Dudette
02-21-2016, 09:43 AM
The only thing I liked about what he said in the debate was that he actually referenced solid examples of what he has done. However, he has still proven himself unworthy of my vote because he has more failures than victories.

I absolutely hated how Mar got the cheers of majority of the people inside the room. I am starting to wonder if the people invited were all Mar's allies. This is more or less Duterte territory yet Mar gets most of the applause.

I couldn't care less who got more applauded as their charts told me who captured most viewers' hearts. Although, I nearly got teary after hearing Mar's finale speech. Such care. Such wow. Such hypocrisy. Lol.

Binay did poorly on the debate though. He may have some skills but if his communication skills and ability to convince the public are this bad I really don't think he's fit for the position.

Hohoho, true! Perhaps having that I-gotta-make-myself-look-and-sound-more-capable-than-rest mindset sure ruined his opportunity to actually do it as I found most of his answers irrelevant to the questions. /heh

Holy molly! I didn't state why I choose Duterte. :D I would definitely like him to be our next president since he'd flush out all criminals and well, who else to choose if not him or MDS? Since MDS might not be able to be a good one due to her health? :D

Kobowo
02-21-2016, 09:48 AM
I couldn't care less who got more applauded as their charts told me who captured most viewers' hearts. Although, I nearly got teary after hearing Mar's finale speech. Such care. Such wow. Such hypocrisy. Lol.

Hohoho, true! Perhaps having that I-gotta-make-myself-look-and-sound-more-capable-than-rest mindset sure ruined his opportunity to actually do it as I found most of his answers irrelevant to the questions. /heh

Holy molly! I didn't state why I choose Duterte. :D I would definitely like him to be our next president since he'd flush out all criminals and well, who else to choose if not him or MDS? Since MDS might not be able to be a good one due to her health? :D

His proposed administration is also something worth looking into.

Based on an uncut video I saw, part of his plans are to lease islands for corporations to use as factories (they need to follow ph laws tho) also he wants to improve our steel industry. He isn't all for tough talks only. He also has plans for the aftermath of the crimes.

I also like how he wants to push for federalism. Our current government system sucks balls.

Dudette
02-21-2016, 10:03 AM
His proposed administration is also something worth looking into.

Based on an uncut video I saw, part of his plans are to lease islands for corporations to use as factories (they need to follow ph laws tho) also he wants to improve our steel industry. He isn't all for tough talks only. He also has plans for the aftermath of the crimes.

I also like how he wants to push for federalism. Our current government system sucks balls.

Could you link that to me please? I haven't read about all his plans to be honest. /heh

jomay
02-21-2016, 02:58 PM
Duterte for president, because change is needed, I know it will be like a war zone when he sits on the chair but looking at how the candidates handled the debate.

Binay used Makati for reference where if you dont have a voter's ID you cant even enroll your kids, he didnt even answer the questions and only lifted his chairs, i found it funny how he got butt hurt over the 2 Makati part hahaha!

MDS is also good but I dont think she will be able to withstand presidency, I still want to see her alive in the next 20 yrs ahahah!

Poe is also good, straight to the point and she struck me when she said, it doesnt need a lot of experience to see whats the problem but seeing how soft she is, she could be good after duterte,

Mar is just a joke, he said when he was DOTC there was billions of bidding that were anomaly free? BS, our company joined the bidding for NAIA and they want royalties, and hand me money.

besides, any endorsement from Pnoy is retarded, seeing he was placed n the office just because of his mother who, privatized our utilities, leaving them unregulated and can change or make up items in your bills.

The Aquinos are a cancer to the society and so is Binays, Mar is just a sore lump that hurts when you sit on it.

choucou
02-21-2016, 09:34 PM
I'll go for Miriam and Marcos. She may be not physically fit but I think she can make the CHANGE that our country needs. Poe is deserving too but it a little early for her. Mar.. Hmm .. I think he is more of an ACTIVE MEMBER than a GOOD LEADER. He works in group and always claim a part on the works of others. Binay lost it.. I believe that no one is really 'CLEAN' when it comes to politics but he attacked it in unprofessional way but I think he has a good leadership. (If not, why would people from Makati believes in him?) And Duterte.. I like his Iron will but he sometimes forget the word RESPECT.. Respect for life, respect for women, respect for others belief etc

ZetsuRavez
02-21-2016, 11:12 PM
HAHAHAHA... i just laugh at this thread after checking the new "POLITIX n' CHILL" thread...

anyway, i want to get involved in this thread, obviously cuz im pinoy and electing a president is one of my rights...

this is my views(before the PiliPinas debate)... at first, i like duterte do be the pres. of the phil because of "reasons"... but i am somewhat thinking twice because of what he wants do to concerning the issue on the west phil sea... and also some of the issue that he said in the news... so because of that, i am thinking of voting Miriam for pres. because of, again, "reasons"... but im still worried on her health issue...

now... does anyone knows a link or a video of the full debate yesterday?... cuz in my place, a 12H blackout happened and i didn't watched it...
if possible, share the link here cuz we are discussing philippine politics(to be precise, phil president) and linking the debate is somewhat appropriate so that people will have their thoughts on this topic...

Knipyoko
02-22-2016, 02:34 AM
pres: duterte
vice: marcos
senate pres: santiago

Philippines needs.. as what we call it "kamay na bakal"

I'm for Duterte!! Firstly, I'm from Mindanao and it's about time Philippines gives a bit of love for this big chunk of island that provides the whole land with fresh bananas and pineapples XD. Secondly, he has proven that he could do a change for the country. I'm hoping it would be for the best. He has done a lot for the people without boasting. And lastly, it's true that the Philippines has come to a time where we need a leader with an iron hand. Being too kind won't stop criminality and drugs in this country. I love Miriam too but I think her health will get worsen if she gets too much problem from being a president. The other candidates might be good too, but not for the presidential position.

Revirie
02-22-2016, 03:39 AM
For president i'll still vote for Miriam

I know Duterte has good intentions but his way of justice is harsh & deadly D:

P.S. @ DUDETTE sounds like Duterte u sure u aint tyrant? .... XD

ZetsuRavez
02-22-2016, 04:33 AM
yes, i found a vids of the debate...
for those who is indecisive in choosing their president, here's a recent debate video(some people might not have watch this)...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9ACpMppGJ4

Fallon
02-25-2016, 07:27 PM
The real question is, "What would happen if Duterte (Yes, I'll vote for him) eventually won, but then again Marcos (No, not voting for him) would also win as VP?" Because well, we are talking about the Philippines and most of the people we've put into position really are either plain corrupt or doesn't know what he's doing.

soderpehhh
02-29-2016, 02:06 AM
Definitely gonna go for Duterte. His platform is centered around justice and the economical status of the Philippines, and with him, I think the Philippines would be a more progressive and safer country. :57: Miriam is okay too, but as what others have said, her health would worsen if she continues on. You could see it at her performance in the presidential debate, with her voice being weak and all.

Binay's a contradictory joke. One of his commercials stated that his mother died because they couldn't afford the medicine and when asked about how he attained his assets and properties, he mentioned that he inherited some assets before he was mayor from his PARENTS. Like wow. He's also a joke because his face is just plastered on memes all over the internet and Facebook xD

Anyway, this is all my opinion. Vote whoever you think will make this country a better place :)

BreadBoy
03-18-2016, 04:38 AM
This is hilariuos. With utmost profanity in the adversity in which the poll stands.

from what i see why people vote 'em (NVM the platforms):
teens
=duterte - hes brave and fearless. smackin criminals is his thing right?
=miriam - shes brave and fearless and believes in due process

adults(mid 20s-'oldies')
=poe - promising and somehow charismatic
=roxas - experienced and liberal party's "fighting rooster"( i forgot the rule... should've wrote K0K, but ok)
=binay - experienced and somehow did things for the OFWS that were in death row ( if you remember)

so either way who wins will be in the end be in the hands of us people.
'cuz im 17 and my b-day's yet to come so guys make your votes count
since i heard that the UN might kick us out of the club if we don't straitghten
our gov. up so yeah. but im for duterte. old man respects Former President Marcos. yah...
But somehow, isee filipinos as childish since they want an image of a strong leader
but when it comes to disciplining... we go " its another story"... why? why for HECKS sake?

:/inglip

SereiMadoshi
03-23-2016, 12:12 AM
It's been so long since I posted something here in OS, oh well. :wahaha:

My best pick would be, of course, Duterte. Aside from his strong-willed attitude, he does have solutions for the country. Although there are some things which I don't agree (Like the building of coal power plants), he's the best candidate. Justice is what our country needs the most. Citizens are getting more doubtful with the government, hence, the uncooperative attitude towards it. Also, regarding the issue of terrorism, Davao has not been involved in terrorist activities. And I think Duterte can handle the Abu Sayaf and other terrorist groups, as he can understand Muslim terrorists because he lives in Mindanao. If the government gets back the trust of the people, it can start fousing with the economic issues of the country, like agriculture. for example. Which leads me to my next pick for candidate, which is Grace Poe.

Her plans for the country are quite good in my opinion. It's just that she just really needs to be more experienced. I understand that one doesn't need to have much experience but holding the responsibility as a President is not a joke. Being a president means holding the lives of millions of Filipinos and that holds a loooooooooooooooooot of pressure. In my point of view, I don't think she can handle that yet. I salute her works in the Senate but I think she still needs to work harder.

About Miriam, she could've been my best pick but her health is what worries me the most. I admire her conviction but I think she must not push herself too hard. She has done lots already for our country from just being a senator and I also salute her for that, but she needs to concern herself with her health first before stressing over a country.

As for Mar Roxas, his plans are also good, but I get the feeling that he will just be like Aquino. For me, Aquino's presidency was, how should I say this, too bland. Philippines holds overwhelming potential, yet he cannot use that potential to the fullest. Progress is there but it's too slow. And that feeling is what I get also from Mar Roxas. "Daang Matuwid", maybe it is true regarding about a straight path. But all I can see of what we are now is that we are crawling on a straight path.

For Binay, he has too may issues and he's too concerned with his name. I don't think he's suitable for President. But for being a government official, I think he has done many. His advocacy for the poor is remarkable. I think he could work better if he should just work on a smaller scale rather than on a larger one, like governing a whole country.

Each of these candidates did well for the country, but we also need to account the negative things about them. We should choose a president where his positive traits outweigh the negative traits. I wish I can vote but I'm still 16 and all I can do is express my opinion. :)

Garrosh
03-23-2016, 01:45 AM
the first one he seems smart

rasendori700
05-04-2016, 09:55 AM
I would certainly vote for Miriam! She's well educated and knows what she is doing! Her platforms are really attainable and she will be a good asset for the Philippines when it comes wto international image. She is a great delegate and has a lot of experience up her sleeves. Im just sad that most of the Filipinos regard her as someone who is sick. Well, she is. But that wont change the fact that she can do a lot of change in the Philippines!

I am an international studies student and I am quite critical about the foreign policy stance of all the candidates. I know people does not really look into it but I do. I also think that people should take it into account as well. I do realize that it is important to deal with domestic problems but with the world being greatly interconnected, international image is really important! Miriam can help the Philippines have abetter image and she can be a great primary diplomat for the Philippines. Being part in a lot of prestigious international groups and being invited to be part of the International Court of Justice, this will give the Philippines a new face to show the world. I just think that she can really make a difference. It is sad though that many people would go for those that would answer their immediate problems. Thing is, one of the reasons why the Philippines is not succeeding is because they want immediate change, they do not think for the long term effects of their actions. Plus, they want a candidate that can appeal to their emotions. It seems like not a lot of people like Miriam because she is so high up on her "pedestal" that not much people understands her. I konw this for a fact because even I have to re-read or re-listen to whatever she says because its quite deep and it feels like I am reading a scholarly article that was required in school.

Nevertheless, I believe she can make a great deal of change in the Philippines, especially in the international sense. SO yes my vote is for Miriam!

anyway, I just want to share, I believe that each candidate can make a change but the people themselves need to change as well. They are the ones that causes such great laws to be not enforced or forgotten since people disregard them. Filipinos should start acting responsible for their action and if so? even if its not Miriam who will win, that president will definately be able to make a change.

sasuke15y
05-04-2016, 11:41 AM
I had my thoughts on voting Duterte for president but then again something's been bugging inside my mind and I couldn't put a needle through it. Besides, I still couldn't vote for this upcoming election since I didn't comply that Biometrics thing. So I'll let you people decide for the 6 year future of our nation. I hope that this country of ours will be progressive on those upcoming years :bingo:

MisterDunkin
05-06-2016, 12:16 AM
My Presidential bet is Miriam Defensor-Santiago! BRAINS AND DISCIPLINE!

AllySylum
05-09-2016, 09:06 AM
Du30 is the most qualified. He's very composed and his character is outstanding. Change is coming!

Serenea
05-09-2016, 09:34 AM
My bet was on Duterte before, but i changed my mind after knowing his platform. Since I'm a pro-life and despite her health issues, I switched to MDSantiago,based on her credentials i believe she's the most qualified among the other candidates. :) Win or lose, The Iron Lady of Asia will always be my choice. win or lose it's a vote never wasted. :))

Revirie
05-09-2016, 09:49 AM
Du30 eh? make sure u guys don't regret him in the later years, like the past Presidents ...

They won't even vote for Miriam cause she is sick? and dying? that's the most lamest reason ever, she is over qualified in standards, if something happen then Marcos can just replace her.(P.s. i'm a Pro Miriam i wont hide it)

No offence to Du30 supporters but men those KOS(kill on sight)/ rape jokes/ no respect on women / plan breaking alliance for U.S./etc / being a dictator attitude when he was doing it already in the election campaign might bite u at the end....
( The Change is Coming eh? sure wait till the new Kim Jong un rises... )

Keyorempi
08-29-2016, 08:58 AM
can i still answer? lels even tho duterte already won? hahaha, i voted for miriambells