PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Horror Movie?

Kobowo
03-26-2014, 10:53 AM
I seriously think that Asian horror movies are waaaaay better than their western counterparts.

As a kid/teen there has not been a movie that scarred me more than the original Shutter: http://otaku-streamers.com/info/3636/Shutter

The movie literally left me with sleepless nights for a week or two. I wasn't that afraid when i watched the ring and the grudge compared to shutter lol

:/barney

satsuirakuen
03-26-2014, 11:00 AM
I agree though to be fair, "Mirrors" kept me from looking at myself in mirrors for a while. Hahaha. These days, I've already given up watching horror movies since they often have bad endings which I understand the rationale behind it but well, I just can't enjoy it anymore.

Then again, the original Nightmare on Elm Street movies were good horror movies back in the day as well as Amityville (not sure if I spelled it right). Poltergeist was also a good horror movie.

Sin Of Love
03-26-2014, 11:57 AM
For me its Dead Friend (http://otaku-streamers.com/info/3874/Dead_Friend_%28Kdrama%29) if you haven't watched it then check this out :4:

xuei0000
03-27-2014, 12:59 AM
Asian horror movies are scary. They're so realistic that it would scare you to death! >A<

I was still a kid back then when I watched "Ju-on: The Grudge", the original one. I really can't sleep for years because of that and I keep on thinking that somebody will crawl beneath my blanket then pull me out somewhere! XO I like Shutter too, the plot was so good. Though I hope I won't see someone walking upside down the ceiling... =_=

For Asian horror movies, my favorites would be Killer Toon (Korean: I like the story and the effects), A Tale of Two Sisters (Korean: I really like the twist), Coming Soon (Thailand), Art of The Devil Series (Thailand), etc... and Shutter too. I also like Pee Mak, though it's a horror-comedy movie. XD For non-Asian, my favorites would be Insidious series, The Ring series (American ver.), The Eye, The Orphanage, The Sixth Sense, Thirteen Ghosts, etc. I like Warm Bodies though I don't find it scary... I just love the story. XD And I'm not a fan of The Conjuring and Paranormal Activity series 'cause it doesn't really scare me and I find it boring, though all of my friends says so.

I'm a scaredy cat but I LOVE WATCHING HORROR and THRILLER MOVIES... I think I'm a masochist.

For me its Dead Friend (http://otaku-streamers.com/info/3874/Dead_Friend_%28Kdrama%29) if you haven't watched it then check this out :4:

I'll try watching it. And Mirrors too... XD

GeekyOtaku
04-26-2014, 08:15 AM
I am a scaredy-cat and when I watch horror movies I usually can't sleep for days but THE RING is the horror movie that left a scar on my being . http://images.ados.fr/1/bd-manga/ouran-school-club/photo/hd/5287927528/385461532f/ouran-school-club-gif-kawaii-tete-big.gif

Kathleen Senpai
04-28-2014, 04:10 AM
I agree though to be fair, "Mirrors" kept me from looking at myself in mirrors for a while. Hahaha. These days, I've already given up watching horror movies since they often have bad endings which I understand the rationale behind it but well, I just can't enjoy it anymore.

Then again, the original Nightmare on Elm Street movies were good horror movies back in the day as well as Amityville (not sure if I spelled it right). Poltergeist was also a good horror movie.

Mirrors. Ghhaaa!! This scarred me for life xD I couldn't sleep for days. Whenever I'm alone, my brain will imagine creepy stuff that would just make me crazy. I also love watching Insidious though :D

Skipress
04-28-2014, 05:19 AM
I think Asian horror films are better than Western too. Western is much into gore, from what I've watched so far. haha. Anyways, the scariest for me was "Coming Soon", it's a Thai film starring Chantavit Dhanasevi. <3

Louise Chan
04-29-2014, 12:42 AM
for me..here is the horror list that I've watch O_O

The Grudge
The Eye
The Wishing Stairs
One Missed Call
Mirrors
The Shutter (original version)
The Doll Master

And so on.... O_O

Tenshinchigi
04-29-2014, 03:01 AM
The first horror film i watched was "The 13th Ghost" anyways.
i liked it :D, i was a small kid then but i really liked it.
My 1st became my favorite. xD
NO TT PLEASE

KuroTheNight
04-29-2014, 03:28 AM
So far Sinister and Paranormal Activity movies got the best of me... I'm a scardycat so even a simple horror movie gets me frightened >_<

shouting
05-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Hmmm insidious i guess ? XD

Sin Of Love
06-11-2014, 05:56 AM
I am a scaredy-cat and when I watch horror movies I usually can't sleep for days but THE RING is the horror movie that left a scar on my being . http://images.ados.fr/1/bd-manga/ouran-school-club/photo/hd/5287927528/385461532f/ouran-school-club-gif-kawaii-tete-big.gif

Lol i know that feel, i am also afraid of horror movies/stuffs. And i watched The Ring movie all alone and the lights was off too, BUT now i can't do it anymore. Even someone talk about horror/ghosts stuff i go vanish from there. /e5 i can't take it LOL.

Dudette
06-13-2014, 04:32 AM
Mine would be The Shutter. Man, I had a hard time sleeping and even walking alone for weeks because of that movie. >.<"

RoyalBaka
06-14-2014, 05:28 PM
My favorite horror movie is Asian Horror Films and the conjuring ..

adriel
06-15-2014, 04:44 AM
paranormal activity ( il like true horror story) and conjuring hahaha

SereiMadoshi
06-15-2014, 07:02 AM
I was really scared of Coming Soon.. 0_0
*Chaba is lurking 0_ 0*

rayboy
08-27-2014, 02:29 PM
the ring prequels/versions

triniman15
08-27-2014, 05:53 PM
The Ring, Freddy Krueger movie, Pet Cemetery, Omen

Serenea
08-28-2014, 02:25 AM
it would be The Grudge, their faces are s..scc..scary..

ladymisakari
06-04-2015, 05:24 PM
For the record, I think movies about zombies are the scariest. They're responsible for my nightmares when I watch one. It makes me think where to hide if there will be a zombie apocalypse.

sweetmelody
06-09-2015, 07:27 AM
The Grudge is the most scariest movie I've seen V_V

Benito24
06-09-2015, 08:05 AM
I've seen many horror movies but for me the most scary is The Ring, The Grudge and Insidious. By the way insidious has part 3 I still have to watch it.

Lancaster
06-23-2015, 11:00 AM
There are so many horror movies that I like. And only a few of them is my favorites. One of them is Mama (there are so many scenes there that really gave me chills). Some may find it boring but it is one of my favorite horror movies ever. Also there's The Orphan, Woman in Black I (the woman in black wherein Daniel Radcliffe is the main character), The Sinister and many more. Can't mention all of my favorites because of my poor memory. Gomen Nasai !!~

Lucky Star
06-23-2015, 08:01 PM
Chuckie when I was 5 *shivers and sobs*

Stalk
07-15-2015, 11:48 PM
I used to be scared of Chucky, until they made it into something ridiculous. The movie Dolls terrifies me. I never liked dolls when I was young and I still don't. I can't even have a teddy bear in my room, it has to go in the hallway until morning.

Augustus
07-20-2015, 12:59 PM
I don't really like horror movies so I haven't seen that many. The first Scream movie was awesome.

jillaimay
07-24-2015, 04:27 AM
I have to agree the asian horror movies are way better than the western counter parts. I can actually sleep and not get nightmares if it was a western horror movie and I am not that scared compared to asian ones. I try to watch asian horror movies in broad daylight and still close my eyes and I have someone with me. I cried with Ju-on the Grudge.

Mei14
09-18-2015, 09:42 AM
I HATE horror movies but if I had to say, the one I could tolerate best was the Grudge.

bsdontop
09-29-2015, 01:22 AM
when I was younger it was jeepers creepers, it, then now it is Zombieland, or zombie movies

Jin H
10-01-2015, 12:55 PM
The 'Ringu' and 'Ju-On' films I think. With 'Ring 0: Birthday' as my favorite of those, as she took revenge against those who had persecuted her unjustly.

Ceres
02-11-2016, 02:02 AM
My favorite traditional horror movie is the American version of Ringu. For some reason The Ring gets me every time. I don't even really know why. I absolutely cannot watch it by myself. Interestingly, Ringu doesn't frighten me at all. Only the American version of it does.

Other movies in the same category such as The Grudge don't scare me at all.

Then there is Picnic at Hanging Rock. It's an old movie (1975), and it's not billed as a "horror" film. Officially it's a mystery/drama. However, there's just something about it that always causes me to have nightmares whenever I watch it. I won't spoil anything for those who haven't seen it (which is probably the vast, vast majority of OS), but I suppose it's the ideas that the movie puts forward for consideration that get to me.

Manabe
02-28-2016, 10:52 PM
Robo Geisha

Prudii
02-29-2016, 06:06 PM
I will dare to say that the Movie "Ring" the first one not "The Ring" with Naomi watts was far better than the remake and the grudge was pretty scary too

Revirie
03-01-2016, 12:30 AM
JU-ON The Beginning

Koryuu
08-09-2016, 08:05 AM
So glad I found this forum. I've been looking for a good horror to watch, but it's hard to tell what drama is what genre until you click on it and that usually involves me watching that instead. LOL After I saw The Ring, I really haven't found one that will actually scare me, but then I haven't watched an Asian one yet either...wait, actually I've seen one: Hansel and Gretel. I did enjoy that movie. Though, that being said I have enjoyed horror movies like The Sixth Sense and Thirteen Ghosts. I will have to check out some of these as well. Thanks minna!

Risse
08-09-2016, 08:46 AM
Asian Horror Movies are awesome..they give me the feels... The ultimate horror movie i watched so far is The Shutter... Definitely the scariest...

yami uzume
08-10-2016, 01:56 PM
Not sure if it counts as horror or not but The Thing (1982) is probably my favorite. Not because it was scary, but because I found it pretty funny. I started watching horror movies too early as a kid, so pretty much nothing scares me anymore.

tatertotnnja
08-30-2016, 11:36 PM
My favorite horror movie currently is "Evil Dead" the new one!! or the Conjuring

PerkZ
08-31-2016, 06:12 AM
The only horror movie that scared my entire soul and caused me a trauma for a day was when I was watching "Shake and Rattle and Roll 3"

YoJee
09-05-2016, 08:52 PM
For me, nothing can top Killer Toon. The first time I watched it, the story really played with my head. SO MANY PLOT TWISTS xD Its amazing~

And there's also Stay Alive, it wasn't necessarily scary, but it revolves around a cursed video game and Countess Elizabeth Bathory (yea that serial killer lady from the 1500s). So it easily made its way as a fave of mine, concept-wise.

Angelbabyxo
12-29-2016, 10:25 PM
I agree. I think that Asian horror is a lot scarier than most western horror. They know how to make you paranoid about what else is in the room xD (writing this at night in the dark). Demonic movies like the conjuring scare me just as much as a tale of two sister's :(