PDA

View Full Version : Are you shy to tell your friends and family you watch Anime?

Pages : [1] 2

Bindu1000
02-12-2009, 01:59 AM
Hi
Just wondering if you are embarrassed to tell others of your Anime addiction. I am not, I keep trying to get my friends to watch and even managed to get my 72 yr old aunt to like watch as well, but I have a good friend who has never told his family of his love of anime and never watches when they are around.
I call him a 'poser' or pseudo Otaku!!:biggrin:

What about the rest of you?

KaiserDragon
02-12-2009, 04:00 AM
I dont care if the whole world knows I watch anime lol, im always watching it at home... never even considered there were people out there that wanted to hide their anime addiction lol.

My brother watches some manga films like Fist of the North Star and Street Fighter II Animated and he has never been bashful about likeing it either.

holyzac
02-12-2009, 04:18 AM
I am not one of those shy types, i actively propagate people into watching anime with me ^^

KaiserDragon
02-12-2009, 06:23 AM
I'd love it if I knew more people who watch anime, I cannot fathom why everyone doesnt want to watch it but then thats me.

Bindu1000
02-12-2009, 06:41 AM
I'd love it if I knew more people who watch anime, I cannot fathom why everyone doesnt want to watch it but then thats me.

Hey - try living in a country where no one knows what anime is, be able to buy a single manga or dvd of any anime show .... its a lonely place to be :25:

nostalgia823
02-12-2009, 08:57 AM
im not shy about it though...

for me its unique!

besides, wer not suppose to be ashamed about it.lol

its just who and what we are,, "anime Lovers"

lol

KaiserDragon
02-12-2009, 12:38 PM
Hey - try living in a country where no one knows what anime is, be able to buy a single manga or dvd of any anime show .... its a lonely place to be :25:

no need to be lonely with us around ^^

CuddleBot
02-12-2009, 12:55 PM
My family is very strict and they would be appalled with my actions if they found out I watch anime. Its not that I'm super shy about it, I just can't tell anybody.

DIGIX1X
02-12-2009, 02:25 PM
i don't tell them cause it's pretty dumb to ask them to do something they never would, they wud just make fun of me if i ever did ^^

stararisto
02-12-2009, 08:10 PM
All of my close friends know that I watch anime/read manga. If they don't then they are not very close friends. Just friends or classmates, but not close friends.

avich
02-12-2009, 11:38 PM
Whoever is ashamed of watching anime deserves a falcon punch! hmmpf

Mangahero18
02-13-2009, 02:14 PM
My parents already know i love anime....they think "those dumb Japanese cartoons are stupid" though....typical....some people wont even give other nations cultures a second glance:emhh15:

little mouse
02-13-2009, 03:32 PM
I used to be scared, because of all the "sexual" material out there I thought I must be a pervert to like anime ^_^

Now I know better and everyone knows! I got my sister into it and my mum buys her anime DVDs for presents. I don't think she gets it but...I don't think she really cares either lol.

bootwhistle
02-13-2009, 04:49 PM
Yeah like most of the other comments not really shy about letting people know I watch anime, but it just isn't a topic that comes up usually. Some friends watch anime some don't, those who would be willing to give it a try I'll try and get them to watch a series they might like but some I know will never ever watch any anime. Of course now in a place where anime is unheard of... meh, also for an odd reason people are very surprised that I'm a geek/Otaku, even if I mention liking sci-fi they seem surprised... perhaps it is just people still having many misconceptions of what anime is.
There was one friend who said she didn't like anime because of the way it portrayed women, of course I tried to explain while there are a few (okay, a ton) of shows like that it was like saying one hates movies or television for the same reason, anime is such a broad medium now but a lot of people I know still think of it as either children's cartoons or ******.

SquishyNinja
02-13-2009, 05:06 PM
Well, if someone asks me if I like anime, I'll answer truthfully, but I won't go around saying it. Why? Because I know people who are immature a-holes and only see anime as "those naked Asian girl shows." I hate that and try to avoid it. Only my family and close friends know I like anime because they don't really care. I made most of my friends by talking about anime.

gaziuz123
02-13-2009, 06:12 PM
lol why shoud i be ashamed on telling my friends i like anime...
and duhh.. i Draw anime, its hard to hide it when you can draw...

my parents already know i watch anime, big bro and sis do watch anime too..

its nothing to be ashamed of...
=3 =3 =3

animestardime33
02-13-2009, 07:11 PM
~~~I'm not really shy about it...
to be honest I don't care if the whole world knows that i love anime!!!
but my close friends and i managed to form an anime club in our classroom and some of our classmates even want to watch some animes...although there is one of my classmates that always say that animes are stupid and childish that's why we always argue with him hehehe...

summit900
02-13-2009, 07:20 PM
I am, i dont have any friends that watch anime, i went and bought my own computer so i can watch it in my room. my best friend has never seen it, i dont think atleast, but i started to watch it when i was about 12 and then stopped till about 2 yrs ago, so about seven yrs, everyone i knew me i needed to grow up so i stopped, till i got my own computer. i even said i was watching **** when someone walked in on me so they wouldnt catch me, VERY SAD ISNT IT

KeiichiMamoru
02-14-2009, 10:03 PM
I'm not shy about it, because watching anime is my "thing" and almost everybody...my friends, family... they all know that I watch anime, they even give me gifts that has to do with animes like DVDs and stuffs...

BloodThirst
02-14-2009, 10:59 PM
Not at all! I even invite them to watch animes...
but they find me Weird!:emhh08:

FluffynpinK
02-15-2009, 10:04 AM
No way!
I'd never be ashamed of watching anime :3

ylk123
02-15-2009, 05:40 PM
I don't really tell anyone that I watch anime, because most of the people who watch anime in my school (or most people who watch) are extremely weird.

kittykatgirl21349
02-22-2009, 03:48 AM
Not at all! I even invite them to watch animes...
but they find me Weird!:emhh08:

same here if i talk about anime or reccomend them to watch anime to my classmates they say wow you are an anime freak...

Kudrik
02-22-2009, 01:42 PM
Embarrassment of something you enjoy is pointless =\
If you love something and enjoy it then why be embarrassed?

ranmachua
02-24-2009, 10:54 PM
Nope. Every one of my relatives know about this hobby/obsession of mine

Bindu1000
02-24-2009, 11:29 PM
Yeah like most of the other comments not really shy about letting people know I watch anime, but it just isn't a topic that comes up usually. Some friends watch anime some don't, those who would be willing to give it a try I'll try and get them to watch a series they might like but some I know will never ever watch any anime. Of course now in a place where anime is unheard of... meh, also for an odd reason people are very surprised that I'm a geek/Otaku, even if I mention liking sci-fi they seem surprised... perhaps it is just people still having many misconceptions of what anime is.
There was one friend who said she didn't like anime because of the way it portrayed women, of course I tried to explain while there are a few (okay, a ton) of shows like that it was like saying one hates movies or television for the same reason, anime is such a broad medium now but a lot of people I know still think of it as either children's cartoons or ******.

I get that about the books and shows on sci-fi too. I find it so frustrating when I read a good book that blows my socks away and I cant share it with anyone ... I still havent found a single other friend who reads sci-fi and fantasy books in this country ..... Anime - I understand, coz no one here as bee exposed to it, but books? I dont :17:

Kamaitachi
03-01-2009, 03:39 PM
i still don`t see where is the harm in watching anime and i don`t see what to laugh about and bascly i really don`t care of what anyone is saying....friend or foe :P

skirt
03-02-2009, 01:29 AM
all of my friends and family members know that i watch anime and some of my friends think that I'm crazy but i don't care!!! I LOVE ANIME!!!

neilclarence
03-02-2009, 03:52 AM
I'm not ashamed to tell anyone that "I LOVE ANIME" but *meh* if somebody brings up anime in a conversation and I started talking about it people would give me the "WTF" stare!~ o_0

FluffynpinK
03-02-2009, 12:51 PM
I don't get it why people think watching anime is weird x]
Is it because anime is drawn and not acted or because it comes from another country?

Its better than live action acted stuff in my opinion.

rcizzle1
03-02-2009, 04:00 PM
My parents already know i love anime....they think "those dumb Japanese cartoons are stupid" though....typical....some people wont even give other nations cultures a second glance:emhh15:

that is exactly what my parents think.

chizen
03-11-2009, 09:25 AM
I think everyone who knows me...also knows about my anime addiction

i'm not ashamed at all...not even one bit...

in fact, i'm really proud that i'm addicted to anime...

compared to other useless things...

ANIME rocks~!!

^__^

grandthinker1
03-11-2009, 02:27 PM
I'm not embarrassed about it... it's more like no one cares if you do or don't, at least that's how i feel.

koedt
03-11-2009, 02:51 PM
I never really mention it in front of other people since they wouldn't know what I am talking about anyway, although my family knows about it they allow me to do whatever I want as long as I keep up with my studies.

But whenever I find the same type of people as me (usually when I go to conventions and stuffs) it's just time to go wild!! XD

I'm never ashamed that I am an otaku, in fact, I enjoy being one! It's just the way I am and there are people I know doesn't accept that fact and try to get me to stop (only to get me to drink booze and causing trouble for the dorm caretaker . . . yeah, real mature way to have fun . . . >_>).

langging
03-22-2009, 07:45 AM
no i'm not shy to tell everyone that i watch anime or reading manga..my mom also watch some anime, but not all the time because she has still work to do..then some of my friends love anime..

qtyznz
03-22-2009, 08:03 AM
i'm not shy to tell anybody that i watch animes. i do also love to read manga.
i guess watching anime and reading mangas are a hobbies of mine..^^

sabrina
03-22-2009, 11:00 AM
i am not shy about telling ... but i dont tell everybody about it.
i just didnt told the people i knew would react bad .
the rest of the world can know :))

tonyu56
03-22-2009, 02:45 PM
all my friends know and i even got a few of them hooked onto anime

solidoxygen
03-22-2009, 05:16 PM
I am never talk about anime unless the other person mentions it first

MissxXxJaDe20
03-29-2009, 06:07 AM
I'm not ashame of telling my friends and family that I watch anime at this age. I mean who cares, if they call me immature lol ...well I am immature for my age and I'm loving it lol.

skywalk3r
03-29-2009, 06:09 AM
Well said. *tears fell*

mattduy
03-29-2009, 06:14 AM
Not shy to tell my friends but my family is another story.
My soon to be brother in law thinks I watch ****** just because I watch anime.
-_-

alrius2000
03-29-2009, 06:28 AM
there is nothing to be embarrassed on something you love.

Misconception of being immature among Otaku's and Anime fanatics is a folktale!

:emh22:

Xtrippin
03-29-2009, 01:00 PM
xD Not really..
I love anime. It's like, an important thing in my life, kinda. D:

Midochan
03-29-2009, 04:13 PM
jaja i actually don?t care at all 'cause all my friends and family know that i?m an anime/manga fan! & i always tell them "If u don?t like it then don`t watch it, but let me be! ^^" jajaj i just love the face that they put! :P ?_?

Skoibi
04-17-2009, 03:23 PM
well my parents think its dumb, but whatever

Vaseri
04-17-2009, 06:04 PM
some of my friends find it weird, but my family has accepted it since I've watched practically my whole life. but who cares at my age ^.^

kuyah
04-17-2009, 11:36 PM
Lets see.. I'm not shy nor embarrassed about it, anime is just a part of my life. ^___^

But there has been some cases where I'm so hooked on a series and my dad pops in out of nowhere and says some random japanese words.. Example, "OHAYOO" "WATASHI WA" with a funny smile and voice. xD

GhostAJR
04-18-2009, 01:48 AM
well i can easily say im not embarressed to tell ppl that i love anime/manga...the only problem is with where i live,it can be hard to find the dvds or the manga...so i just stick to the internet.

Raikun
04-18-2009, 01:50 AM
yah.. i think.. hehe..

Njaaks
04-18-2009, 06:39 AM
I used to be...
Infront of some friends i still am... Not all ppl are openminded
But i am converting some of my friend to otakus...

adikzzz99
04-18-2009, 06:54 AM
My parents call it cartoons.
There's a huge line between anime and cartoons.
Anime is an art, its not childish at all.

DoubleZeta
04-19-2009, 06:57 PM
Nearly all of my relatives don't like the idea of me watching it at all. I still watch even if they make up stuff about me.

I hate my surroundings...

Pattehfilipino
04-19-2009, 07:01 PM
hmmmmm
I'm pretty sure that all the people I know , know that I love anime and manga.
But when it comes to most of the people I know, their anime world is extremely narrow, so mostly shonen. I dont tell them that I watch things like K On , Toradora, Haruhi Suzumiya no Yuutsu ><

ShazunaChan
04-26-2009, 10:39 PM
Nope every1 i know knows i watch anime and what kind of anime i watch ^^ except...........:P

Yamirakuru
04-27-2009, 09:43 AM
With my head held up high... xD There's nothing to be ashamed of ~ It ain't an addiction.. Well, it is ~ but it's not like its bad for my health.... =_=

DarkPrinceKnight
04-27-2009, 03:42 PM
To me I don't really care what any one thinks about my anime addiction, lol even tho my family (EDIT: when I said that I ment my old adopted one -_-, sorry for the misunderstanding.) makes fun of me for it I'm still an addict to anime heheh, and all of my friends at school already know, (and half of them also have a(n) anime addiction as well, I never really thought about hiding it really? TELL THE WORLD OF OUR GROWING ADDICTION OF ANIME PEOPLE!!! lol

m4n94mance
05-01-2009, 09:25 PM
all my friends know and i even got a few of them hooked onto anime

if your talking about me you are sooooo wrong didn't i introduce it to you in the first place? manga anyway..

Maemichan
05-01-2009, 09:31 PM
no not really my sisters loves anime much as i do... when I used to lived at my parents they don't mind as long as we do our things first like we suppose to! LOL

skywalk3r
05-01-2009, 10:10 PM
Mecha-head and I are the same but as long as I have oxygen in my lungs... I won't stop watching anime ! This is not addiction... It's MADNESS !!

yoyoyoyou
05-02-2009, 02:58 AM
My parents don't mind. Some of my friends know - the ones who watch as well. It's not that I'm embarrassed; I just don't talk about it to those who are definitely uninterested.

mikko0
05-03-2009, 02:51 AM
Nah.. I'm not shy to tell them. Like some people, I just don't mention it out of the blue to create a topic to talk about. Being shy is almost the same as rejecting a side of yourself. Well that's my belief.

kuyah
05-03-2009, 03:24 AM
Nah.. I'm not shy to tell them. Like some people, I just don't mention it out of the blue to create a topic to talk about. Being shy is almost the same as rejecting a side of yourself. Well that's my belief.

Lol, I consider this true haha.. I did have weird thoughts before telling them though..

"guys I watch anime"
their reaction was *turn around and whisper lightly* "So he was that kind of guy huh.."
*has a clueless face* 0_0 haha

lankrie
05-03-2009, 05:10 AM
noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

tonyu56
05-10-2009, 10:58 AM
if your talking about me you are sooooo wrong didn't i introduce it to you in the first place? manga anyway..

nope sorry i was first u were second than harry got me onto manga

koedt
05-10-2009, 11:26 AM
Lol, I consider this true haha.. I did have weird thoughts before telling them though..

"guys I watch anime"
their reaction was *turn around and whisper lightly* "So he was that kind of guy huh.."
*has a clueless face* 0_0 haha

Only if someone is stupid enough to do that.

I think it's also about who is it that you are going to tell, if you tell the right person then it's all good but if not then, well, unlucky.

Shinkirou
05-10-2009, 11:25 PM
Huh?

I'm proud of it!

Anime is good. :)

zevlag21
05-11-2009, 01:52 AM
i am not shy telling that i like anime but my parents are keep telling its cartoons now that makes me mad... anime is not cartoons

Exsistinhell
05-11-2009, 02:45 AM
who really cares if your friends know if there your friends they won't judge
.................................................. .................................................. .................
i'm really positive nowadays

Feldrance
05-11-2009, 08:53 AM
unless you are actively surrounded by people that like anime as well.. like in a club or just ur own friend circle.. then just saying "i like anime" wont cut it.
the harsh reality is that if your like me. that is, you start working, possibly drinking, having responsibilities and socializing in a "NON-SCHOOL like enviroment" then u gradually become from the most "raw-hardcore-zomgiwouldneverstopwatchinganimeforaslongasihavea* ***andmynameisblabla" into a form of chilled anime retiree
and as far as how to bring it up.. nowadays (at least in the US) anime is becoming something more like gaming.. where just because u "play games" it doesnt cut it to start an effective conversation.

if you play shooting games then you get along with someone thats into FPSs and thats it.
likewise with anime.. ive encountered i have NOTHING in common with someone that watches mecha or "ecchi-like" animes.. like i love comedy no matter in what form it is presented to me. stand up, drama, anime, cartoons, or even the half broken lightbulb shaped like something funny (thats right.. i went there)

Flavylium
05-11-2009, 09:08 AM
I think yes...I won't tell anyone unless they know it bye their ownself...
:biggrin:

Zeraph23
05-11-2009, 09:18 AM
My family has no problem with me watching anime... my Big brother watches anime's and my big sis too.. me I cosplay so the world knows i'm a Otaku... i Cosplay at school too so (if need or required in a subject) my classmates knows i'm a otaku. but the draw back is some girls don't like it... ( i really don't know why?) and some guys think i'm a freeking geek... well i'm a geek indeed but i'm not a geek that looks like a psychopath. sorry for the word but i'm just speaking my mind...

I really Despise people who think the Anime is only for Kids.... so i always said to them "try to Watch Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya or Honey and clover let's see if a mere child can understand the whole story or the meaning of the anime.... so i made a Conclusion that "Anime"/"Manga" is for Teen and Adults alike.. and "Cartoons"/"Comics" is for children....
so Anime and Cartoons are two freaking! different Words... most people tend too misunderstood that two words.... ~_~

Feldrance
05-11-2009, 09:42 AM
first off.. ur using the wrong word.. "Geek" is something i proudly call myself.. "geek" as in u are a "schoolar" or intelectual in any given field.. "NERD" on the other side sounds more like wut ur trying to say. any1 that calls someone else a geek with the intent to re-define it as "nerd" is a "low-life piece of sht on velcro that has been abused as a child whos last and only happiness left in this world is butcher things others take joy on"

anime is for "kids" in the sense that the maturity level on a person is stereotyped to not be high enough to social standards. this is what people are trying to convey if they are saying "u must be a kid if ur watching anime" it has nothing to do with age.
cartoons would be the actual age equivalent where u would have to be a kid physically to enjoy those as much as teens/adults would enjoy anime.

granted girls have more room to be "otakus" where a "non otaku guy" will find the fact that she likes anime as a plus. ive heard from some of my non otaku friends that it gives them "a sense that the girl is untainted" or "still pure" ... my response?.. "W T F"

Zeraph23
05-11-2009, 10:15 AM
You have a big point at the geek part... i'm proud as well..... XD

at the second paragraph
i just want to define the big difference of anime and Cartoons... because i think when they compare Anime to Cartoons.. they are DEGRADING it at a Massive scale...

Cartoons = Micky Mouse, Goofy, Bugs Bunny, ect.... cartoons is Western Style and most of there characters are "Fable" characters... and most endings are happy ever after

Anime = Japanese Style... Eastern Style... WAY much better Animation, Drawing style, Storyline more realistic and can be connected to real life (well some Cartoons can be related to real life too) much mature... not all happy endings... not clickcliche (some anime are like that)..... that's what i'm try to say... heheheeh XP

Feldrance
05-11-2009, 10:30 AM
it comes from studying people but..
if someone was to ask you "how would democracy socio-economically impact hong kong if it was to surrender its communist sovereignty"

would you know how to respond with something other than " democracy... yay o.o-b"
unless u know about this kinda stuff(or u quickly go to google >_>..) ur initial answer would probably insult half the chinese population as well as countless diplomats and economics scholars.

the point?
having a strong sense in anime as a "belief" is like any other belief. it is subject to be judged by others who hold no interest in such belief. and like all beliefs u WILL have a pool of haters, supporters, and the inbetween people who just understand.

CloverLeaf
06-14-2009, 05:21 AM
watching anime is my passion..
and i'm proud of it..
there's nothing to be afraid about telling the whole world about it..

:)

Tippeddoor
07-23-2009, 03:01 AM
I dont shut up about it :(
Everyone has long since learned that when I get going I dont stop
You can almost hear the music they play in their heads to drown me out :P
Although I do have friends who like anime and listen most just dont understan what i'm saying XD

mistressmyst
07-23-2009, 06:04 PM
Nope, they know I watch/read anime/manga and even buy anime-related things for me. And my dad took me to my first anime film fest. My oldest brother even watches anime and reads manga. If I find an anime that would be good for both of us I watch it with him. My mom used to watch the oldies like Sailor moon and Dragon ball Z and who knows what else. My other brother would watch some anime too. My relatives do also. Another thing we all do is play video games.

My friends know I watch anime. My first year of high school, I was obsessed about Sesshomaru and even met a friend through that. And people who knew me know about the obsession with him(I don't have it now though). Once I even got a friend to watch Inuyasha and they don't watch anime.
When we were still in school they would be like "Remember when Kay used to always talk about Sesshomaru." and I would get some "Are you still into Sesshomaru?"
My dad actually told one of his friends that I was married to Sesshomaru >.>

So no, i'm not shy about it at all. I've grown up watching anime so it doesn't matter to me. Just wish I had some more anime watching friends to talk to them about it.

Ratman9000
07-26-2009, 12:28 AM
Absolutely not! I believe that Anime can enrich anybody's life because there are so many different genres out there. I tell everybody I can to watch anime...listening to me now thats a different story.

ShazunaChan
07-26-2009, 12:32 AM
hahaha no almost everyone in my family knows i watch anime although they think its "cartoons" i rather not explain the difference between them lol

charlene95
08-02-2009, 02:54 AM
one word ..................no ^^ hahahhaha spread the anime fever

Arsi
08-02-2009, 03:33 AM
They know I watch anime. The thing is they dont understand the hell they are saying so most probably they dont wanna watch it. Some thinks its so childish to watch anime because its a "cartoon" thing.

Njaaks
08-02-2009, 03:35 AM
My family knows that i watch it and most of my friends too... i was a bit shy about it at the begging but not anymore, exept with my father, cause i know he doesnt like the idea of me watchn ''cartoons'' so i hide it from him. mostly im not shy about it tho

bonebine
08-02-2009, 05:10 AM
hmm everyone in my family know i'm watch anime and its just fine..they dont complain me bout anything.watch anime is not a crime..so why you must be shy to tell others??hehehe..xD

shah6287
08-07-2009, 11:35 PM
my family and my friends..everyone know that i love anime..

Romdeau
11-17-2009, 11:29 AM
I'm not shy at all. Everyone knows that I'm an anime fanatic. I even forced some of my friends to watch anime. At first, they thought it was childish. But they came to like it, and they're nearly all otakus now. lol

kotomi
11-17-2009, 12:02 PM
EVERYBODY KNOWS MY LOVE OF ANIME!!! Ahem... I mean yeah I tell everyone. I am addicted. If I date a guy and he doesn't understand it -- I get rid of him. It's just a natural addiction. I have, have, HAVE to make it known cause I watch so much I don't even watch television. We have a 50 inch TV in the living room and I have never sat in there to watch it. Everything I watch is done in myroom on my comp. It's just a lifestyle.

SushilovesNori
11-17-2009, 12:11 PM
Not really. I get so excited about certain episodes that I run out sliding on my socks and screaming "OMG that was so funny..." and my parents go "are you watching your little japanese cartoons again?" and I go "YES. AND I LOVE THEM. IF I COULD BE AN ANIME CHARACTER I WOULD BE!" and they shake their head and mock me. I talk about anime and watch anime at work too.

My coworkers joke about how much of a kid I am since I watch anime, collect plushies, and have a barbie mirror compact that I got from a happy meal. and I'm totally ok with that.

katastic05
11-17-2009, 12:48 PM
i think almost everyone i know knows i watch anime since my love for anime does show itself from time to time...teehee. but not all my friends are anime fans, so i don't really talk about it that much with them, unless they ask about it. in which case, *brace yourself* LoL^^

visualcandyk
11-17-2009, 02:43 PM
Nah, not at all. I tell my family everything cause it's my life and I'll do what I want. I'm not easily embarrassed, I was the one who brought up sex when talking with my Dad. Lol, he was the uncomfortable one.

Just the other day I was at work and this girl said, "who even still watches Japanimation?" (Japanimation O.o, who still calls it that?) and I raised my hand and she looked at me kinda funny. I just laughed.

katastic05
11-17-2009, 03:36 PM
Just the other day I was at work and this girl said, "who even still watches Japanimation?" (Japanimation O.o, who still calls it that?) and I raised my hand and she looked at me kinda funny. I just laughed.
hahahahah...makes me want to know what her reaction will be if you say that to her face! LoL^^

visualcandyk
11-20-2009, 11:01 AM
hahahahah...makes me want to know what her reaction will be if you say that to her face! LoL^^

Hm, I don't know O.o Prob ignore me like she did the rest of the time XD I'm okay with that.

kurai
11-20-2009, 09:41 PM
I think almost everyone I know i already told. My mom says that they are cartoon soap operas.

Ephenyan
11-20-2009, 10:04 PM
no way, im proud to shout to the heavens that im an anime fan :D
is there any reason to hide it?

ratratrat098
11-20-2009, 10:09 PM
Well, watching anime is both a hobby and duty for me, and my parents and my friends knew that I watch anime beyond the normal amount of watching a normal person would be.

Everyone has his/her interests and hobbies, so why hide the fact that you are watching anime?

Even my father watches SamuraiX...

He even said watching anime is way better than playing games...

kimu07
11-20-2009, 10:34 PM
NO..
i even shout it to everyone...
and im very proud of being one of the otakus...
XD

OVirus53
11-21-2009, 01:11 AM
For the most part I am.

Most of my friends I'm not sure if they even care about anime. As for my family, well, they're generally hyper critical of anything they don't get hooked on themselves. I'm sure they're semi-aware that I'm an anime nut (though not sure HOW aware they are of that).

One of my brothers likes a few anime, but he's a super critic of everything he watches (including movies, I was amazed when he said he "liked Zombieland", getting him to openly admit he likes something is a major achievement), and it's extremely hard to expose him to new stuff (I've been trying for weeks now to get him to try out Higurashi)

Meanwhile, my younger brother is such a bother that I can't watch anime at all while he's home. He's always making fun of it, or annoying me about it, and I can't concentrate at all on the episode, so I've just taken to watching anime late at night when he's asleep (and everyone else, consequently). I've lost too many hours of sleep thanks to him, geez.

Also my mom is generally unimpressed with anime (I don't know why, it's like asking why the sky is blue, you'll get an answer, but you won't like it or understand it).

And let's not get into talking about my oldest brother. He's made up his mind about a lot of things, and good luck getting him to think otherwise.

So I pretty much am left to my room all by my lonesome late at night watching anime hour after hour, night after night. It would be nice to have an anime watching comrade. I should ask one of my friends about this, I know she likes Inuyasha, but I don't know if that means she likes anime in general.

Kurtherror
11-21-2009, 03:14 AM
well, we should not be shy on watching anime.in fact, if they forcebly remove anime from my life I would join a terrorist group and I would take my revenge on them.

Omikaru
11-21-2009, 06:23 AM
Well... I guess I could say that my family knows that I love anime/manga and the japanese culture. But I don't talk about it in front of them, they don't get it.

emer333
12-05-2009, 07:21 AM
nope im not one of the shy ones xD. every people who knows me in real life knows it :) i even invite them to watch anime.

jekka
12-14-2009, 01:05 AM
I'm not shy about it. I tell everyone about my anime obsession even though none on my friends watch anime and think it's weird.

darkpoetry
12-14-2009, 02:24 AM
dang
I guess in the odd one here, Im pretty much reluctant to say I watch anime
but I do get approached by people who know I'm japanese and ask if I watch anime too
my sister doesnt watch anime, one or two that I recommend to her, but the anime club at her highschool tried to pressure her into joining just because she was the only japanese kid in the school lol

I'm usually kinda reluctant because my taste in anime is more like Ghost in Shell, Evangalion and HunterXHunter rather than the Naruto, Bleach and Inuyasha, or the Clannad and Toradora type. So when one of my friends who watches anime starts talking about one piece and naruto I kinda try change the topic >.<

I watch anime but I also kinda think the average anime fan is a bit... strange
Forgive me, I feel like I kinda betrayed you all XD

s3cr3tb0y12
12-15-2009, 10:35 AM
Well I'm a little shy yet I tell it to everyone I know xD

Cptkurke
06-05-2010, 02:59 PM
Of course not !...one of the reasons is cuz my parents dont even know what anime is :))

Macchiato
06-05-2010, 05:28 PM
After I started watching anime, most of the topics I have with my friends are about anime.

Hero of time
06-05-2010, 05:31 PM
Nope everyone knows i watch anime so theres nothing to be shy about.

jdsel
06-05-2010, 06:33 PM
My old man got me into anime... he use to let me stay up late and watch anime on the SciFI channel on cable.. use to play late night anime such as AD Police.
He has never had a problem with it however the rest of my family regard it as a waste of time...so i rarely speak to them about it.

p4pex33
06-05-2010, 06:50 PM
One thing that im not proud is telling my classmates that ive watched ecchi animes.. hahaha

katl91995
06-06-2010, 01:05 AM
waaaaaaaaah!!!!!!!!!!...........
i recommended to my cousins to watch anime............
but some of my family think watching anime is pretty much a waste of time.........

xiety
06-06-2010, 02:08 AM
^^ they already knew it im watching anime
at school maybe the Anime Images I stick in my File Case

nannel24
06-06-2010, 02:11 AM
Everyone who knows me know about my anime addiction. And i'm really proud about it, they even listen to me attentively whenever I tell stories about my favorite animes. Even my mom sometimes watch with me.

Ecchi Squid
06-06-2010, 02:13 AM
Nope. Even if I have friends that don't watch anime, I can usually find at least one series that interests them, and then I usually succeed in converting them into an otaku.

bloodyrein
06-06-2010, 02:53 AM
With my family not quite since they always see me watching anime everyday XD

but for my friends I'm a little shy about it since some of them don't watch anime

whakie009
06-06-2010, 12:05 PM
what should be the things to be hide in watching anime?? I watched anime every night,, I dont care if the whole world will know that,, I'm not ashamed of it,, instead,, im proud to be an anime fanatic.. further,, it broadens my imagination and creativity...

lemonsquare
06-06-2010, 05:21 PM
Nope. Not shy at all. :) My older sister is an accomplice of mine in watching anime and reading manga. ahehe. :)

mlcdl
06-06-2010, 10:47 PM
My friends and family know that I watched anime so it is not a bother to tell to others as well that I am an otaku(since that there are some l who watched anime in my family as well).

notanotaku
06-06-2010, 11:15 PM
No lol, They already know i do before i even told them :D

arbel13
06-06-2010, 11:29 PM
They all know Im an anime addict so theres no need to hide hehehe

Rasen Oh
06-07-2010, 04:17 AM
I am shy about talking about my interests (I usually try to avoid talking about myself in general), however even without talking about it, it seems that everyone knows that I am an otaku. I have no idea how they know, but they do (maybe because I'm asian? I don't know, I don't wear anime merchandise or advertise my otakuness. Maybe its because I am so out of the loop when it comes to US pop culture).

Snoozy19
06-07-2010, 04:52 AM
No one shouldn't be so timid about showing others that your an OTAKU.....If they make fun, just torture them with your sharingan...XD
without anime, life will have no meaning.

kail14
06-07-2010, 06:54 AM
Nope. I guess they already know from the start because my room is decorated with anime stuffs. :)

Achlys
06-07-2010, 11:21 AM
nope because its already obvious :D
me watching and the people in the house juust sees me
watching it ~ ^^ so not shy

vectorplate
06-08-2010, 07:59 PM
It really depends on the person I'm talking to. If he/she is a fan of an anime I guess I will not held back what I'm really trying to imply but if it isn't a fan then I have to lessen the anime stuffs I'm saying and try to enter again reality.

AJjudez
06-08-2010, 08:18 PM
of course i am not embarrassed to tell them that my hobby is watching anime

markbelats
06-09-2010, 03:57 AM
Anime is an Art, there is nothing to be shy with

letumio
06-14-2010, 02:06 AM
i havent cared since every other freakin adult started watching spongebob of all shows...at least mine isnt for little kids! lol

woot this is my 30th post! go go os-colorchanger!

Elexia12
06-29-2010, 07:30 PM
Nope I'm not embarrassed at all :D Actually i made my mom watch Blood+ lol and she love DBZ :P
And for what concerns to my friends, if they don't like me the way i am then they're not real friends ;)

Kobowo
07-03-2010, 10:55 AM
Not at all! my whole family knows I watch anime (thank goodness parents dont know otaku terms like ecchi >.>) as for friends....they are divided into two...fellow otaku and my other friends also like anime or they at least they dont dislike anime.....

powerband
07-03-2010, 11:15 AM
Wow alike majority of the people here i am shy about it unless someone knows or watch anime talks about it. mostly shy around new friends i make not wanting a weird impression

Bunislipper
07-04-2010, 03:13 AM
Hahahahhaha! No ways, I would hate if anyone was ashamed of anything I would espcually hate myself if I was like that with everything. Well maybe there are a few exceptions because you can be ashamed of a few things in life. but its so stupid to be ashamed of telling people you love who you really are. IM A PROUD ANIME WATCHED HAIII :D

nickster
07-04-2010, 03:37 AM
usually .. when i'm watching anime, i have my own world .. and i don't care what my friends are talking about when i'm watching it ..
it depends on them if they wanna join you or not ..
but i'm not shy to tell them that i'm anime addict XD
because each one of us have are own addiction .. agree ? :D

deadshitsuji
07-04-2010, 05:30 AM
im actually proud of it. im my friends anime source /heh

IndI311
07-04-2010, 05:37 AM
everyone knows that im an otaku..
...or at least that im watching anime

wookiee
07-05-2010, 09:07 AM
I am not shy at all , everyone I have met knows that I watch anime . I sometimes watch anime movies with my younger sister , my brother used to watch anime so did my older sister . My mum likes Japan and my dad ... Well he knows about it . :]

venabre
07-05-2010, 05:32 PM
nah, some of my friends are as otakus as I am and my other friends and my family are used to me talking about anime, but they always keep those weird faces, like they are talking to a crazy person hahaha

tokiya8
07-18-2010, 01:03 PM
Y should I.. It's my life anyway.. so yey~ anime rox!!

musikalles
07-18-2010, 01:11 PM
wellllll... my boyfriend is the one who fuels my new interest in anime and the like. He knows that much, but not exactly how much I love it all of a sudden. My brother pokes fun at the shows and games I play and will sit with me through some of them, but. Basically, if I feel inclined to tell someone about what I think is so awesome that I think they should call it awesome too and they don't think it's awesome or they get bored (like everyone seems to just because it's not english... what the heck?) I back down. In conclusion, nobody knows I've been bordering on obsessive. I do feel embarrassed. yep.

lolkaitlin
07-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Ehhh? I guess I'm one of the only people that is a closet Otaku.

I've loved anime for nearly 6 years now. Like, 6 years of hopping on the interwebz and looking for episodes, saving anime pictures, crying at the cuteness of anime keychains.. But no one knows about it. Haha. Like, I can't. My family and friends are very judgemental and, I know, if they can't accept my passion for anime then they can gtfo. But seriously, I'd just rather keep it a secret. And have that, "omg, are you reading manga.." discussion with the random in the library, ahaha.

jekka
07-28-2010, 06:28 PM
I tell everyone i know that I watch anime. None of my friends watch anime but they don't care that I do. I even use their lack of anime knowledge against them when we play circle of death (a card game mostly used as a drinking game) and I get to pick the category I always pick anime titles. lol

xorel
07-28-2010, 06:32 PM
don't relay have a anime addiction, i wacht it when I bord and quit when anime gets boring to and do the same thing the next day, i watch what i like and that is it.

Heart
07-28-2010, 11:34 PM
My family would think I was weird, because I watch "foreign crap"

xinimic
07-28-2010, 11:46 PM
nope. in fact a number of my friends watch anime frequently and some are even more fanatic than me

tentaclerape
07-29-2010, 12:40 PM
I have four other friends who watch Anime. Everyone but one speaks about it very often and the guy who talks with me about anime is gone atm >:
My parents know that I watch anime and they are ok with it. My sister thinks I'm odd and the rest of my friends thinks I'm a creep because I watch it.

yana123
07-29-2010, 12:57 PM
no..why should i?
most of the people here watch anime,. we even watch in groups

ReaperX
07-29-2010, 01:29 PM
nope...most of my friends are narutards(they dont know any anime except naruto and pokemon) and ****** fans..so im not shy telling them i watch anime

onepiece
10-28-2010, 04:57 AM
im never ashamed that im an otaku.....

Viletomb2010
11-26-2010, 09:38 AM
No I am not shy sharing it to my family or relatives. I am proud to say to them that I am a certified otaku. Watching animes is not a bad aspect of your life so there is no reason why you are shy of sharing it to other people.

Knipyoko
11-26-2010, 10:02 AM
All of my friends know I watch animes. XD Even my family knows it. And my sister now watch anime because of me lol

ohtwoseven
11-26-2010, 10:23 AM
Not ashamed at all. I love the way I am, and if they are my real friends/family they would accept by who I really am.
I though sometimes have hard times explaining whats the difference between anime - cartoon to the oldies :(

soul13
11-26-2010, 10:28 AM
once i told my best friend he was like "oh ur another otaku then" and now he's obsessed with bleach hahaha

JenOtaku
11-26-2010, 10:43 AM
`I'm not shy, and I will never be. I'm proud being an OTAKU! I love Anime, they can't stop me from my addiction. :)

`My Family knows I love Anime, but they won't complain about it. so It's okay. :)

`And so are my Friends. They're watching Anime, but not really that addicted. (Like me~ xD HAHAHA!)

`I'm telling my friends to watch Anime, so we could talk about it at school. :)
`now some of my friends are watching Anime, that I recommended to them.

`I just hope they'd like it! :)))

`Yosh. :)

Request1100
11-26-2010, 12:03 PM
Actually, I already told my parents about this stuff...and they hate it. They want me to study and stuff...
But still I didn't care. I still continue to watch anime...I do have good grades though...

My friends also like anime. So we intend to share anime with each other.

AnimeYuio
11-26-2010, 01:00 PM
I'm shy xD but my friends and family knows that i watch it and have an obession with it >.< they got used to it ~

Machibouke
11-26-2010, 03:14 PM
Been an anime fan since I was a little kid (learnt my chinese from watching DBZ and Sailormoon) Never really though of it as a subject to be shy about since all my friends know I like anime and all my friends happen to like anime as well (people who don't like anime are so much ahrder to get along with!)
Mum always telling me off for spening so much money on it =_=

japweeaboo
11-26-2010, 03:43 PM
Well, I'm somewhat shy because I know I'll get a bad reaction from a lot of people, but I usually tell my close friends. I'm not shy with my cousin because he's the one who showed me this site. XP

lolkaitlin
11-26-2010, 03:54 PM
Wah, yes, I too am a psuedo Otaku~

I don't want to say I'm embarassed of my passion for anime but... I'd just prefer not to let the world know about it. I AM a hypocrite - I always tell people that if your friends don't accept you for who you truly are, they're not your true friends. But I don't wanna tell my friends in fear of what they'll think of me :\

It's odd, I don't know. I can openly discuss video games because I have a lot of gamer friends but I don't have any anime/manga-loving friends. Wah! I have an Ore No Imouto predicament! *dies*

scarlet113
11-26-2010, 08:13 PM
Nope not shy at all
but i never ask my friends to watch anime bec. the next thing you know
they think there all that but there not :D

Animegirl212
11-27-2010, 12:02 AM
i'm not really shy about it!!! i convert my friends on a daily basis :P its so much fun watching them get so obsessed just like me

fufufu
11-27-2010, 01:07 AM
nope nope.. not at all.. ~_~ its just who we are.. :D

tambaylang2000
11-27-2010, 01:20 AM
hmmm... I not shy to tell to my family and to my friends that I am an otaku... I don't care what they say to me.... I will do everything I want even my family hates me

zeroichi
11-28-2010, 07:47 AM
nope~ even my friends like to watch anime 2~ ^_^

Tobimaru
11-28-2010, 06:03 PM
My mother does not know about me watching anime / reading manga (more of a manga fan so sometimes I'm too lazy to watch the anime version). The reason behind this is that she dislikes it. I learned that she dislikes anime because a few weeks ago, while I was helping her check her email (lmao), and we saw a Hatsune Miku ad somewhere. And lol, she ranted about anime like it was the end of the world lol.

JenOtaku
11-29-2010, 02:57 AM
`I'm telling my friends that I love Anime! :) I'm proud! :)

Zipper Bear
12-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Nah ... dont feel shy at all. They all know I am nuts anyway so it doesnt make a difference what I watch XD

ZZZDaydream
12-01-2010, 06:06 PM
XD what a laugh... i tell everyone that they should take a breath from the re-run master(aka the tv) and watch something different asssssss in ANIME!!!!

qwertyuiop10
12-02-2010, 09:25 PM
in my cousins im a bit shy because i dont know what they can think about me while watching anime

but in my mother and friends its okay for them because its my trademark on them

showstopper
12-02-2010, 09:29 PM
Nope most people are actually curious about it.

Sora Kasugano
12-03-2010, 12:14 AM
not really, my parents won't care on what I want to watch, as long as it wont affect my grades~
to my Non-Otaku Friends, NEVAAAAHH~! I'm too shy and when they found out, they will tease me~
to my Otaku Friends, Of Course, we can talk all day about anime w/o getting bored at all~

Ceres
12-03-2010, 12:18 AM
I have no compunctions sharing the anime/manga aspect of my life with those who know me on a personal level, but I would never go around broadcasting it to the world. I'm a very private individual in real life. Usually when I mention it for the first time to people I get a blank stare, then a long blink, and finally, the quizzical raised eyebrow. I've been told that this is because I don't look like the typical "anime fan" to which I always laugh and say they obviously don't know much about the community then ^.^

Mitochondria
12-03-2010, 12:30 AM
I don't think any of my friends or family really give a damn.

coldground93
12-03-2010, 01:02 AM
I"m not really telling them but if they happen to find out, like i care..

moncmon09
12-03-2010, 05:28 AM
Hell No!!! watching ANIME is FREAKIN AWESOME!! i might even end up inviting everyone!

kraken414
12-07-2010, 09:48 AM
I recommend friends what animes are good to watch, I'm not shy because i watch anime, but i'm proud of it XD

mtrfkrr
12-08-2010, 04:41 PM
my friends know that i watch anime and they make fun of it at times

that's why i never tell my friends anything about me watching anime

exTeen13
04-29-2011, 04:51 AM
Sometimes. xD Because of my age I guess. And my gender (I'm a girl). :3

KhenLee202
04-29-2011, 07:30 AM
no, not at all! they dont mind if im addicted to something as long as its not drugs

DwinLylthx
04-29-2011, 10:26 AM
Definitely No :) Why am I supposed to be Shy About? There's nothing Weird in Watching Anime. :3 Even Cartoons.

maoyurui
04-29-2011, 09:56 PM
What is it with the norms about liking something like anime? As for me whenever some people try saying that "Anime are just cartoons for kids" or "Your childish for watching something like that" or "That's just a waste of time" or maybe "Your weird" etch. etch. this most of the time coming from girls (Yeah 3D girls :angry1:) I would just say "Which do you prefer? Someone who watches an anime but is a responsible person or someone who doesn't watch anime but is an irresponsible person?"

Most of the time they freeze but at times I do get someone who tries to argue with "What does it have to do with what I said" I just tell them "It has everything to do with it..." If they ask why I would just say "There are those who despise this so could "Childish Thing" but are acting more idiots and childish... As for me I like this stuff but as you can see I don't act childish and irresponsible..."

People tend to think of an anime as childish and most often associate them with ****. But in general my greatest argument with that is the fact that there are even more worst things that they should really be worried about. Politicians who use things like anime as an excuse to rally people for votes and public prestige are just plain stupid in my opinion. Sure there are some instances that some otaku's go overboard but mostly it's just psychological. It's their own fault not every guy or girl that actually watch animes or read mangas. It's like saying every guy who drinks booz are drunks. Whatever your watching doesn't really affect you unless your the one who's willing to make it affect you. Let's say for us guys who watch ****** or even live porns maybe aroused in it, (hey where guys :swt: we've got more testosterone than girls have, blame mother nature for that) But we don't get around doing obscene things to every girl we encounter. Things like that are just for brain stimulation and nothing more. If a guy acts out those in what he watch, then its his own fault. Like money and power, things like that only gets bad by whomever is using it. In the case of an Anime or Manga, it all comes down to the viewer or reader.

But the one that really pisses me off is when they start treating 3D Girls who are into things like anime and manga. What? Are the only girls they know are the ones that just does tons of pampering and flirting? Come on... that plain idiotic :angry1:.

3D Otaku girls are about the only "Real Girls" that I think comes close to a definition of a real girl (Yes this actually shows I like 2D girls that much :swt:), I mean they have the courage to be unique :touched: and most of them are really darn cute when they express their otaku selves... Inner beauty... :love:. That's why whenever I heard an Otaku girl being harassed for what she likes I get so damn pissed of that I cannot help interfere to come to her aid (Note: I also do this for Male Otakus, Hey We Anime/Manga lovers should stick together).

As a final note though not every one who watch or read Anime/manga are Otakus. Otakus are just people who go to even more lengths that those other people who just are regular watchers or readers. BTW i still think 2D girls are the best :o_o:... But dont get me wrong here I do know that there are very rare cases that some 3D girls do come close enough to 2D girls... Like our own 3D otaku girls... Peace! :emhh09:

xuei0000
04-29-2011, 10:13 PM
LOL~ I'm not shy watching anime in front of my family and friends!!! I discuss anime into my friends even if they don't watch anime at all~ IDK I just love 'em and I want to tell everyone.. WAHAHA~ BUT I don't discuss it to my parent.. they know but they don't bother to listen.. hmpppf!!! BUT MY PARENTS CAN'T DO ANYTHING~ I JUST LOVE ANIME!!!! wahahaha~

Kimono
04-29-2011, 10:31 PM
I'm not really ashamed of it, besides my parents already know I watch anime, it's just that I don't really talk about it unless it's mentioned. I don't carelessly talk about anime (like "omg a new episode of derp came out! adasdnaslkd;" or "Have you seen this anime? It's amazingggg!") and reveal that I'm an anime lover because I know not everyone likes anime. I'm not doing this because I want to "fit in" or things of that sort, I just don't want to change the atmosphere of the group/conversation. If someone were to ask me whether or not I like watching anime, I would reply with a yes. I also wouldn't define myself as an "otaku" because I feel that I haven't met what I think are the "standards," if you must, of becoming one.

aishe89
04-30-2011, 01:37 AM
Nope! Why would I be~

Nichibotsu
04-30-2011, 03:09 AM
I'm not too embarrased to tell my family that I like to watch anime because most of them would watch it with me when I was a child. In fact, what got me into anime were my older siblings. But I won't randomly go to someone and tell them I watch anime unless I see a valid reason or there is a conversation about anime.

FiQ5149
04-30-2011, 05:08 AM
i'm not shy to tell.
it is my hobby. every person have their own unique hobby, so i think there is a need for shy.

i have been reading and watching anime and cartoon since i was a child.
my parent already know it.
LOL every one month, at those time when i was a child, i would ask my dad to go to bookstore,
to buy a new volume of doraemon manga. XDD

plus every weekends, anime and cartoon time on TV started from 9am-12pm.
so basically, my interest to anime develop from there. haha..XD

and about my friends,
some watch anime, and i know they watch the biggest 3..ONB~
and some are gamers.
But we only have THAT kind conversation when the time is right.
we don't just pop out any question about anime or games blatantly.
and to be honest,
that is just friend at school,
i'm still wondering about other people reaction who i will meet at the outsidel world,outside of school life that is..college, workplace and stuff.
maybe i will truly learn the harshness of the real world.
i'm prepared.

conclusion is
i always keep my profile low.
be simple and cool. :goodmood:

shinku
04-30-2011, 05:19 AM
I'm not shy to tell my family and friends about it... actually, my friends love anime too :D

88ayanami
04-30-2011, 05:19 AM
I'm not shy of it they know it already and they accepted it because they are like that before watching anime and enjoy ^^

kyou01
04-30-2011, 05:23 AM
I keep telling to everyone I know (even at those random persons) that I LOVE ANIME *O*
*runs around the house shouting I LOVE ANIME!!*

cherriedreams
05-02-2011, 02:06 AM
My family and friends think I'm weird, but I told them anyways~

Night blade
05-02-2011, 06:25 PM
Not at all the computer I use is in the middle of my familys house and they've seen me watching it and some if not all my friends have watched one anime series or another

SpazKaz
05-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Never been shy about it at all. I used to watch anime when I was a child by looking it up on the Sci Fi Channel late at night and other channels. Then Rented it from blockbuster and my mother and sister would sit and watch them with me. And when I was able to make money I then started buying the DVD collections which I've had friends watch with me.

I'm quite comfy telling friends/family/strangers that I watch anime.

sachiakina19
05-10-2011, 03:22 AM
no, i'm not! everybody knows i love anime. why would i be ashamed anyways? it's nothing to be ashamed of.

19sasusaku
05-10-2011, 05:15 AM
I'm not shy about it.My family and friends knows the i love anime.
My family use to buy me anime items while my friends asks me what anime is good to watch(my friends are anime addicts too)

Naruhina101
05-10-2011, 06:05 AM
well i must admit that sometimes i am really shy to let my board-mates know that im a getting addicted to animes.. but even though i keep this kind of thing as a secret.. time will come that they will know it... but i don't really talk about animes to any people.. i only choose those who are interested..

Bunislipper
05-10-2011, 06:30 AM

ughhh I know how you feel!! it completeltyy sucks!! but I tell everyone about me watching anime :) some people know it others dont :)

deathnote
05-10-2011, 09:48 AM
I'm not embarrassed about it... almost all the people around me knows that I'm an Anime addict.. and I'm lucky that most of my friends watch anime ^^

aznkid431
05-10-2011, 02:55 PM
I'm proud of watching anime and I let everyone know that. But my friends always assume I watch h***** T_T

Samanna
05-10-2011, 04:36 PM
.Its not that im ashamed well not anymore but back in the day like highschool i never promoted myself as watching anime, because like it sucks when people judge you with out getting to know you and its not worth putting your self through that you know. But then one day i was like im half japanese i grew up watching sailor moon and magic knight rayearth and card captor sakura what the eff am i ashamed of.
Anime For Life! =3

SiouxsieRen
05-11-2011, 08:58 PM
Nope i am proud of it...plus some members of my family also watch it...my mom watches her old anime sometimes and almost all my friends watch it so its cool

akasekaihime
05-11-2011, 09:45 PM
No! I am proud of saying it. I am even bragging about it at school. I keep telling them of what anime I am currently watching. In my family, we are all otakus so we get along very well. I don't care if they say that I am like a child or weird because I am watching anime....I am happy being called one...

http://otaku-streamers.com/tools/sig/34559-akasekaihime.jpg (http://otaku-streamers.com)

dand963
05-12-2011, 02:48 AM
i dont really care if they react weirdly if i say im an (anime) addict or anything.

byotch07
05-14-2011, 12:59 PM
i'm always proud of telling my friends i watch anime. coz sometimes boys says girls are cooler if they watch anime.

hkatie
05-14-2011, 01:18 PM
I'm still a bit shy about it, although my mother and my best friends knows that I watch anime. One of my friend was also otaku so I can speak with her about anime things. My other friend is not very fond of them, but doesn't criticizes me, and since last year she started buying mangas for my birthday:D

Therese
05-14-2011, 01:38 PM
For me I'm also not ashamed to tell people I'm an otaku!! My dad knows it and he even watches with me ^_^ But I know someone who hides her inner otaku since she said that it doesn't fit her image (quiet, honor student, rich kid, strict and perfectionist)... For me it's cool being an otaku and it adds spice to someone's personality so why hide it?? Is it because we'll be called weird? we call it unique AND in a good way~~

akmal
05-14-2011, 02:16 PM
when i was kid i was bit embarassed but it was just for a while :)
now i love how the ppl around look at me when my cell rings (la divina tragedia - makyoku)
to be honest i think that i boast about that i am part of this group of people :D

screw the "proper image" i am who i am

PrivateEyes
05-14-2011, 03:50 PM
Not at all... I don't really care about what they think about me being an otaku... Some of my friends are otakus too...

srv1025
05-14-2011, 11:19 PM
Not at all, my dad watched it with me as a small child and my mom is indifferent.

dEathg0d
05-14-2011, 11:51 PM
they already knew that I'm an otaku... and im proud of it.. :|

sweetmelody
03-04-2012, 09:11 PM
I'm shy only when I buy anime stuff when my friend is around. She thinks i'm weird >.>

Rakkun
03-05-2012, 01:16 AM
what a question!

why would I be shy?

i'm proud instead ...

the whole world knows that ...

DarkDenizen
03-05-2012, 02:28 AM
I'm not shy because my family knew about it since I was a toddler...
and because my parents introduced them to me cause they were the "first otakus" according to them...

shadowsoul18
03-05-2012, 02:36 AM
Nope not really. Most of my friends know i watch massive amounts of anime. When i meat people and they ask my interests and i say i watch but i dont go into detail about how much. Mentioning i like it has helped me make a few friends actually. Anime helps bring us anime addicts together X)

pooghost
03-05-2012, 08:52 AM
I got no problem telling people I am a brony, so telling people I watch anime is nothing to get worked up about.

veris19
03-06-2012, 04:00 AM
Family? No. My family knows I'm watching anime though sometime they mistook it as a cartoon. Most of my relative on my father side knows I'm watching anime while on my mother side I think only a few of them knows.

Friends? Yes. Because they might think I'm too childish and immature. Some of them are also watching anime but not the way I does whenever I'm bored I search a new anime and watch it. I only talked about anime if someone opens up the conversation and if not, I won't bother mentioning it unless the person I'm talking to is an otaku.

jester16
03-06-2012, 04:52 AM
NO! I'm actually proud of it

diambangan15
03-06-2012, 05:51 AM
Hello

No, I'm not. In fact, me and my sisters exchange ideas and it is only normal for us ''Anime Addicters'' to watch as long as we like.
But my parents ususally call anime ''multo'' (monsters).

christianmes
03-06-2012, 08:11 AM
I'm not, my Whole Relatives knows, and my School Rocks, my School is a Computer University, and know what?? Most of them watch Anime, even my Professors!

HOT ANiME in SCHOOL is, HOTD ,NARUTO and FAiRYTAiL

lelouch1
03-06-2012, 11:13 AM
Yes i do tend to avoid anime or manga at school...i have regular friends with normal interests but one thing i kinda regret is not going to the anime club. someday i'll go........someday

prettiiangel
03-07-2012, 05:43 AM
No, In fact I even inviting them to watch with me.. . .>_<

imuya
03-07-2012, 07:23 AM
I'm not shy at all. My family and classmates knows that I watch anime. And my friends are an otaku too.

Joey13
03-07-2012, 08:07 AM
Nope, Because almost all of my classmates watch anime :]

ninasandrap
03-08-2012, 01:59 AM
no. im not shy to tell them that i watch anime.
when teacher-meets-students, introducing ones selves to the whole class is the practice (in our school).
i proudly tell to the whole class that watching anime ranks at the top of my interest and is the best hobby ever.

RuiChan
03-10-2012, 02:19 AM
Absolutely not! Everyone I meet knows I love and watch anime! If they don't like it I don't care! ^0^ I am proud of who I am...most of the time lol

Hotaru
04-03-2012, 09:43 AM
hmm, ashamed??!! why??!! watching anime is normal my dad watches anime o.O

Most of the people i know watch anime. My dad watches anime o.o

juwax23
05-15-2012, 11:52 AM
no, not at all. my best friends, friends and my family knew that i watch anime.. me w/ little sister, my older and little brother watch anime.. XD

Free
05-15-2012, 06:03 PM
Nope LOL already told them awhile ago, found out i am not the only one who does, that was a shock

micomic
05-16-2012, 10:10 AM
it depends on whom im talking.

iamedz
05-16-2012, 12:28 PM
No need to tell them, for they know that is my hobby.. and I'm so proud of it.. :D

SugarKetch
05-17-2012, 08:10 AM
No, I'm not, not shy or embarrassed at all. In fact, I show the world, how I truly love Anime, and I don't care if they dislike me for that. As long as Anime makes me happy, I'm proud living with it.

Aisuu
05-17-2012, 03:57 PM
I'm not shy at all about liking anime and my family is okay with it.
In fact, I love my uncle who watches Fairy Tail with me! He's already in his late 30's but still a proud otaku since "old school" anime's have ever been aired on T.V.! *Don't laugh, XD* He also knows how to draw anime, a talent I inherited from him.

Dudette09
06-05-2012, 10:59 AM
My family is very strict and they would be appalled with my actions if they found out I watch anime. Its not that I'm super shy about it, I just can't tell anybody.

I've been in a situation like this. But I directly told my father about my anime addiction. At first, he disagreed and told me I'm just wasting my time watching "cartoons" (that's how he call anime). But I managed to show him its not a waste of time and showed him how anime encouraged me at some point in my life. In the end, he even bought me my very first anime DVD and my favorite one too.

After that event, I became more showy about my passion in watching anime and even managed to share my passion with my friends. :)

macrobiotic
06-07-2012, 10:55 PM
I was at first, but now that I am older I don't care if someone knows.

Reivacks
06-08-2012, 04:14 AM
Slight. I kinda get the feeling they'll throw jeers at me. Though I'm open to criticism.

Fallon
06-08-2012, 09:22 AM
some of my friends love anime but some of them don't. But im not really ashamed of it and my parents also know that i watch anime.

Kirbee
06-08-2012, 02:04 PM
It really depends. See, I would tell some of my close friends to watch it. I have a few real life anime buddies, which is nice. However, other people, I really couldn't tell. Just *those* types of people. You know what I mean. :/

Jeppe5959
06-09-2012, 08:26 AM
Most of my classmates know that I watch anime and read manga, my parents as well. There is one classmate that like anime also but the rest is not interested, busy in their own dreams. I haven no shame to watch anime. At first a bit but that dissapeared fast.

Legendz
06-09-2012, 01:42 PM
Not at all, I usually put J-POP and animes on speaker so that my family can hear and know about my anime hobby, and many of my friends watch as well, anime is a easy conversation starter for us :D

BloodYandere
06-13-2012, 01:13 AM
Nope, not at all...

JanaTaku
06-14-2012, 07:43 AM
More like I'm the one who asks them the questions like "Do you watch anime?". When they say no. Well, nothing. But when they say yes, I start to talk to them. And yeah. That's where I get my friends from school. :D

deathking
06-23-2012, 11:29 PM
i am not afraid to tell them that i am an otaku,, at least i am not a drug addict,,,

Chamaellia
06-24-2012, 02:09 PM
Practically all of my friends like anime, so no I am not ashamed to like it.
My mother never really cared for "cartoons" & that its a waste of time so she says, but she has caught me listening to music from animes and is always in awe.....And then I tell her "you know that's from an anime right?" And she pretty much shuts her mouth and leaves. XD
She knows im a sucker for good music ♪♪

Ciloue
06-25-2012, 08:34 AM
Absolutely not xDD
Most of my friends ask me for episodes of the latest chapters which i always download>3<
and manga too~some of them even make their own manga <3

zach ai
06-25-2012, 09:10 AM
i love anime, and im not afraid to show it.
if someone asks if i like anime.. im gonna reply yeah i freaking love anime.
i dont try not being who i am.

deathking
06-25-2012, 06:26 PM
no not reaaly,, i tell all of them so they will love anime too

ShadowNova
06-26-2012, 08:00 AM
Not really. Only when watching something suggestive, like Highschool of the Dead, or Rosario+Vampire
Or something in that sense

Kittykei
06-26-2012, 10:42 AM
I am a little shy w/ my friends but w/ my family not so.

rasendori700
06-27-2012, 03:32 AM
im not shy when it comes to family but with friends - a little. Im in a new school so I don't know many people yet and those people whom I know, whenever they saw me watch they say this and that about it. though i don't mind much of it, it still bothers me though

aznkido92
06-30-2012, 04:15 AM
I'm not shy but, i Don't bring it up because most of my friends don't watch anime but i say that i would tell them its me ;)

iDark3
07-04-2012, 02:40 PM
heck no! we often have discussions on ones we have seen xD

Aerodynas
07-04-2012, 06:13 PM

It can be scary to tell others of that passion. If I told my family, I would likely be harshly judged and insulted.:cry:

Leofighter
07-17-2012, 09:07 AM
I am not shy to tell them, well a lot of my friends watch anime though, so usually talk about it

baka0001
08-13-2012, 10:16 PM
Maybe not with my family becuz I live with them but if my friends ask I'll be a little shy but reply "Yes, I do enjoy anime."