PDA

View Full Version : Chill of the Night

ItachiRaven
03-11-2013, 09:54 PM
Review thread: http://otaku-streamers.com/community/showthread.php?16186-Reviews-and-comments-for-Chill-of-the-Night

-jeiru01

Okay, so I gave up on my last story. It wasn't very good, but everyone's who's read what I've written so far has loved it

Disclaimer: All characters belong to their rightful owners.

Chapter 1

I woke up rather suddenly, and immediately looked at my watch. "11:30..." I muttered under my breath. "I can't believe I fell asleep while studying for midterms!" I mentally chided myself, after all, I, Hiori Namawaka, have never gotten less than a 95% on any tests. This was my last year of high school, so I must have perfect midterms! I need to get into a certain college for my dream job.

Just then, the the custodian's angry voice snapped me out of my thoughts. "Hey, little missy, I told you to go back to your dorm."

Ugh, I hated the custodian. Nevertheless, I stood up and bowed. "I'm terribly sorry, I'll head back now."

"Alright, be careful. the creatures of the night would eat a girl like you up." He went on his way, moping the floor and straightening the books.

That's another thing, apparently, according to school rumors, pretty girls around my age with long black hair and green eyh mouges had been disappearing when they wandered around the campus at night. Now, everyone thinks it's a werewolf or a vampire, and that I'm the creature's next target.

But, vampires and werewolves don't exist, so I'm not scared of walking back to my dorm at night.

I stepped outside, shivering slightly when the sharp midnight wind nipped at my bare arms. "It's so cold for this time of year..." I thought momentarily, before the back of my neck began to prickle; I felt watched.

Glancing around, and seeing nothing, I hurried back to my dorm. I closed the door upon arriving, locking out the cold, and, so I thought, whatever, whoever, had been watching me.

Later that night

Sometime during the rest of the night, I woke up to a cold breeze. "Sydney! Close the window!" ...No answer. Dang it! I had forgotten she had gone home over spring break and had been unable to come back! I sighed and got up out of my warm bed.

Without opening my eyes, I shuffled over to the only window in the dorm, which happened to be in my room and raised my arm to shut it. As I did, a cold blast of air hit me in the face and I could have sworn something had brushed my arm. My eyes snapped open, and I looked around. I saw nothing however, and shut the window, locking it before returning to my bed. I curled up under the blanket and closed my eyes.

I felt something brush my cheek, and sat up in sheer terror when I realized someone, something, was standing beside my bed.

The first, and only, thing I saw when I opened my eyes were his blood red eyes, and I fell into a deep slumber.

ItachiRaven
03-15-2013, 03:02 PM
Chapter 2

Have you ever had that sensation of falling when you were asleep? Well, that's what so rudely woke me up the next morning. The dream caused me to wrap my arms around the closest thing to me, much to my captor's surprise. "Well, it seems you woke up earlier than I intended. Mind letting go of my chest now?"

That's when I realized, he was carrying me! "Let me go!" I attempted to push myself away from him, to no avail. Instead, his grip tightened. "I said let me go!" I struggled, trying to make him drop me.

"Is that really what you want?" He glanced down at me.

"Yes, of course! You kidnapped me! I don't even know you're name!" I continued my struggles, but he never loosened his grip.

"Alright." Then, he stopped, and simply dropped me. Unfortunately, in my struggles I didn't notice that he had been carrying me through the tops of some very tall trees. Thank goodness the branches were thin as I crashed down to earth.

As I fell, I shut my eyes as tight as possible and curled up into a ball. Resisting the urge to cry out for help, I instead kept my mouth shut.

Even so, I felt him catch me as I neared the ground. "I didn't ask for your help!"

"I can't have you getting seriously injured." He began walking again.

"And why's that?" I challenged.

He looked down at me. "Because you might end up dead."

"What do you mean by that? I mean, I know you aren't human... wait, are you a-a vampire?"

He didn't reply, instead, he abruptly stopped and set me down. I was about to ask why when he jabbed his finger towards a small opening in the sheer rock wall to the left of us. "Go."

"Why?"

"I don't need you in my way." He replied coldly.

I suddenly felt extremely angry. "Fine! You kidnap me, then tell me to leave as if it's my fault! I'll happily go home!" I yelled at him, then proceeded to start back iin the opposite direction he had been carrying me.