Do you get emotional while watching anime?
Page 1 of 13 12345 11 ... LastLast
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default Do you get emotional while watching anime?

welll. dont know how to explain this.. it just that i dont think im an emotional person.. but when it come to anime i got pretty sensitive... i cried a lot while watching anime..
    watching sad scene or sweet scene, it'll make me cry.. dont know why...
    how bout u guys??
    share ur own thought :)

Clicky! Clicky! ^^

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Hmm... before when I was younger, let's say in high school, I really am emotional towards anime. I remember I screamed like a fangirl towards my anime crushes, I also feel very sad when there's a touchy event... and I go like "kyaaa" when the couple I like gets mushy. And yeah, I cried also when there's a sad ending like the protagonist dying...

But now that I'm older, hmm... I rarely shed a tear on anime now, and I'm pretty much bored with romance now... maybe it's just because there's a shift of interest coz I like psychological, gore, mystery and suspense genre now. But I still feel emotional towards anime in a way I ponder my thoughts too much thinking about what'll happen next. I get too much excited when the twist is finally unraveled... and there were sleepless nights because I'm thinking about the anime I just watched... and I sometimes feel sooo annoyed when I get a lame ending... lols...

Generally, yeah... I'm emotional towards anime too... I think that's just normal as an otaku, that's why we're hooked at it, it's because it affects us even in our deepest thoughts and emotions... err that sounds kind of emo... XD
    Last edited by Therese; 07-07-2011 at 07:20 AM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Therese For This Useful Post:

zeroichi (11-25-2011)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

well for watching anime for the past 5 years~
    im still emotional on such scenes~
    even in public, my friends ask me why i shed a tear. xD

Another stranger passing
    Upload
    157 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I dont think anything is wrong with having emotional moments while watching anime. I cry when i watch certain anime and i dont see a problem with that :3 Powerful anime are powerful and emotional xD

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i also got emotional with anime :(

i had to cry while watching the elevator scene in gungrave and the code geass r2 end was A MASTERPIECEE

there was a emotional explosion in my head/heart :O

LOL

The End-kun
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I wouldn't go as far as to cry but yeah they trigger some emotions along the way, mostly anger lately... maybe because I've been watching anime with abuse in them and I don't tolerate abuse of any kind. You wouldn't want to be anywhere near me when I feel like that... you could say I'm holding back my killing intent, sometimes I wonder why I watch anime of that genre when they make me feel so hostile towards everything, especially since things like that actually happen in real life. Maybe I should watch more comedy and less tragedy from now on...

OS Patron
    "out of the night that covers me black as a pit form pole to pole"
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

As Arathius I feel as though there is nothing wrong with getting emotional over scenes in anime. I think thats would be the intentioin of a scene as it was being created.
    "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you...."

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I think that the more emotional I get, the better the
    anime is. :')

10. The Following User Says Thank You to BelleChan For This Useful Post:

nenmaster (03-22-2012)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i'm also very emotionall when it comes to anime i cry more when I watch anime then watching a really sad and emotionall movie but i think it's because in anime things are more sad or beautiful and i can live more with the charecters ( hopefully you'll understand what i mean my englisch is grammatical not so good -.-) but okay i Love anime and i like the emotional parts in it two i makes the anime better and more real

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

all i can say is, when ever i watch an anime and it made me cry, laugh or angry then it's a good anime.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I agree with ecchi..

same with zeroichi im not an emotional person but when i watch anime i really get into it that's why i get emotional.. and when i cry or laugh my siblings will tease me again because they know im in my own world.. but hey not all anime's can get you emotional!! so i treasure those :D
    ice_bleue_queen
    "Sometimes it's the smallest decisions that can change your life forever." -K.R.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to icebleuequeen For This Useful Post:

zeroichi (07-08-2011)

Below Normal

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zeroichi View Post
    welll. dont know how to explain this.. it just that i dont think im an emotional person.. but when it come to anime i got pretty sensitive... i cried a lot while watching anime..
    watching sad scene or sweet scene, it'll make me cry.. dont know why...
    how bout u guys??
    share ur own thought :)
    It depends on how drawn in I become with the anime. If I watch a deeply moving seinen/slice of life/romance anime, I can get somewhat emotional, whether it be sad, happy, or serious. A good plot with original characters alone can always make my day. As far as crying, there has been a few times I would sometime tear up, but that's a good thing. I think that if we become close to the characters and their situations, our emotions just remind us of how human we are.

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

One key feature of a great anime is conveying an emotion that a viewer can share and experience. I'm not sure if it's possible to watch anime with zero emotion. There has to be some interest to even follow it through.

That being said, I find myself enveloped with great Animes to the point where any situation conveyed, has a reaction from me. For example, Samurai Champloo.
    : Thank you to the OS Community for all your creativity, hard work and effort!

Ecchi enough for you?
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

There's only ever been 2 scenes that have ever made me sad watching anime

Other than that, anime that were suppose to be sad just ended up making me bored.
    As i laid in bed one night looking up at the stars i kept having the same recurring thought "Where did my roof go?"

loves ero neko

Upload
    117 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

hmm is it bad?
    my grandfather died and when i heard about that my reaction was: "hmm, ok"
    my grandma died and that time my reaction to that was: "who will be next? shall we have a bet on the order?"
    its not that i didnt like them it was just something like when your team mate in shooting mmo gets killed by the opposite team
    but when it comes to sad scenes in anime i can cry...
    maybe it could be that i dont care about human beings at all?
    Spoiler :  

19. The Following User Says Thank You to akmal For This Useful Post:

Talon058 (04-05-2012)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by akmal View Post
    hmm is it bad?
    my grandfather died and when i heard about that my reaction was: "hmm, ok"
    my grandma died and that time my reaction to that was: "who will be next? shall we have a bet on the order?"
    its not that i didnt like them it was just something like when your team mate in shooting mmo gets killed by the opposite team
    but when it comes to sad scenes in anime i can cry...
    maybe it could be that i dont care about human beings at all?
    O__O
    akmal is such a cold person here... don't care about human beings, huh? yeah... sometimes I feel that too...
    Just an additional, maybe because in anime everything seems perfect... the scenes are very much indulging, it's as if it's really intended to target the emotional side of the viewers... plus the music background sometimes is a great factor, it adds sentimentality to the show... and then there's pick up lines--words that made the scene more intense and deep...

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Therese For This Useful Post:

zeroichi (11-25-2011)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Therese View Post
    O__O
    akmal is such a cold person here... don't care about human beings, huh? yeah... sometimes I feel that too...
    Just an additional, maybe because in anime everything seems perfect... the scenes are very much indulging, it's as if it's really intended to target the emotional side of the viewers... plus the music background sometimes is a great factor, it adds sentimentality to the show... and then there's pick up lines--words that made the scene more intense and deep...
    agree with you... the background music does give a big effect.

Clicky! Clicky! ^^

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

as mentioned many times above it is a great achievement to feel any kind of emotion towards-let's be blunt- some drawn up characters that aren't even real...
    when something unreal has managed to pull out sadness, happiness, anger, sympathy and other strong feelings you don't have to be emotional to feel them, anyone would..
    what we're watching are stories, different ones each time, and each story has a feeling to convey. if these feelings do reach us, the audience, then the story's goal is achieved : to move the feelings and triger the thoughts of its audience

anime-series are unique stories and have a unique style so making us feel strong emotions is almost a given

and to add some pessimism to the topic,concerning real-life believe we're so used to hearing bad and sad things that you couldn't even care in the end..
    ...What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies...
    [..τί ἐστι φίλος? μία ψυχὴ δύο σώμασιν ἐνοικοῦσα..]
    ~Aristotle~

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

ahaha i get really emotional when i watch anime too
    idk if it's because i'm a really sensitive person or because anime just has that great of effect on me, but i always cry and laugh when i watch anime

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i've been known to yell along with battle cries from the shows I watch. so i guess that's a yes.