How should a woman look?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Personally, I wear pants and shorts. I do like wearing dresses and skirts, but then my thighs rub together when I walk and cause rashes and sometimes the skin on my thighs tears from it and they bleed, which isn't pleasant.
    I don't think wearing pants takes away from femininity.
    ~I would have loved anyone so long as I became dependent on him.~

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Girls: What kind of clothes do you usually wear (pants/dresses/if both then how and where) and what do you think about the things presented above? Does the pants fact really throw down the drain the beauty and femininity of a girl?

I personally prefer shorts, leggings, skirts, dresses, sweaters. Not really a jeans and t-shirt kind of girl.
    I do believe you should be able to dress however you want and however feels the best regardless of physical sex. I have days were I prefer to dress and style my hair more masculine and androgynous, while other days I like to dress very feminine with skirts, flowers, and makeup.
    When it comes to women wearing pants, I don't think the pants are what gives off the feminine or masculine vibe. It's more about the cut of the pants,
    style of shirt, and preferences in accessorizing.

Also when it comes to feminism...coming from a first world country, men and women essentially have equal rights in most situations outside of individual opinion. For me feminism is more about supporting women in countries where they do not have equal standing so that their voice may be heard. While here in the US, women's feminine products may be taxed and considered a luxury over a necessity, or their may be unfair laws in regards to access to proper health care as a woman and other issues I may not be aware of, woman in other countries face hardships I could not even begin to imagine.

The Finest Wine
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Well on the point of feminism, I prefer being egalitarian, meaning that everyone is equal (of, relating to, or believing in the principle that all people are equal and deserve equal rights and opportunities). On the clothing deal, I don't really care. As long as you know what works for you, then go with it. Also the societal acceptance deal is subjective.
    Glitter Is The Herpes Of Art; You May Think It's Gone, But It Always Comes Back

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I usually wear pants, specially now because of the cold weather, I also wear skirts on special occasions, but if it's summer, i wear shorts. if only it's not cold I prefer shorts over pants. i don't think that wearing pants or skirts define how feminine you are. I think it depends on how you pull the look. like you can still pull the feminine look even by wearing pants and a shirt, you just have to pick the right style. either way, even if you don't look feminine outside, I think it's all about how you act or carry yourself.