How should a woman look?
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Question A question (Q) for all 'girls' and 'boys'

Here comes the wall of text filled with the facts of the Q.

Well to tell you the truth I have a thing that started to bother me after I met one of my present close friends regarding the way a girl should dress.

That friend of mine is a very feminine girl, she ONLY wears dresses and heels and hates feminism (mainly the idea that men should be equal to girls or that girls can wear "men's clothes"), telling me that "Why are you a girl if you wear pants?" and claiming it is a sign that sosciety is falling down or something....
    That mentality used to piss me off each time I heard it, now I am just in the middle wondering.

I am a girl, a teenage girl, that also happens to have mostly, if not only, pants in her wardrobe... I wear skirts and dresses at SOME occasions (such as parties, maybe dates, going out in town in a fancy place etc.) but not if I can get away with it by wearing pants ^_^"

I was a tomboy since I can remember and starting last year I started being a tomboy with "style" if you can call it that. As in a girl who can also be feminine in pants. Also I feel more comfortable in pants... what can I say...

Sometimes the financial status, the personality or the circumstances can stand in the way of a girl being feminine, because she either cant, don't want to or simply her situation doesn't allow her (even if that sounds stupid to some, it's actually possible).

Question:
    Girls: What kind of clothes do you usually wear (pants/dresses/if both then how and where) and what do you think about the things presented above? Does the pants fact really throw down the drain the beauty and femininity of a girl?
    Guys: Do the clothes influence the way you may think of a girl or if you'd like a girl or not? What do you think of a girl you see on the street or at school that wears pants and seems slightly manly or strong (in the personality way, not in the buff way lol)?

P.S.: You can add any opinions, stories, comments. I am just curious about the mentality and preference of others, no matter what it is.

TY!
    Last edited by BibiChan; 05-02-2009 at 04:58 AM.
    This is My Anime List. Do you find any amazing anime missing from either Watched or Plan to Watch sections? If so, hit me up with a PM! I'm on a hungry roll!

AniAni

Bibi -.-"
    why do u listen to those ***s...
    if they want they can wear whatever they want
    i would spit on her face if she would tell me what i should wear
    (:
    fck that ***
    and jeans or tight pants fits girls...
    they dont fit that kind of ***s...
    krc...in tha short way
    stay urself...
    (and reply to msn **** -_-)

3CheersForSweetRevenge
    Upload
    23 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

on normal summer school days, i wear pants, t-shirt and a pair of sneakers i RARELY wear skirts lol

i dont really think that the pants fact really throw down the drain the beauty and femininity of a girl...lol you still look beautiful and feminine if you wear pants and not to mention hot too. lol

lol it clearly shows im not good at things like giving opinion! lol
    ALL HAIL OS~!!

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Hummm ... I have a hard time taking anyone seriously who is really worried about the clothes they or someone else wears ... it's what's inside the clothes that makes the difference ....

Besides ... here on the OS clothes are optional anyway (just don't post ugly pictures of yourself without them) ... desu~

Wolfy

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fatcharley View Post
    Hummm ... I have a hard time taking anyone seriously who is really worried about the clothes they or someone else wears ... it's what's inside the clothes that makes the difference ....

Besides ... here on the OS clothes are optional anyway (just don't post ugly pictures of yourself without them) ... desu~

Wolfy
    Meh I guess you're right x____x" I shouldn't worry about what someone thinks of what I wear... It's an exageration eh?
    This is My Anime List. Do you find any amazing anime missing from either Watched or Plan to Watch sections? If so, hit me up with a PM! I'm on a hungry roll!

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I generally wear pants. I like to wear dresses and skirts, I just don't own many. I tend to run on the cold side and skirts and dresses just aren't that warm.

How can you say that men are more important than women? Or that women are more important and men? We are both equally important if we are to continue our race's survival. Women who say, our place is staying at home and making sure the kids are taken care of make me mad. Sure, kids need parents at home, this is quite obvious. Look at homes where neither parent is ever home. But we live in a society where it is virtually impossible for one person to stay home and "take care of the home" while the other goes out and makes a living. In an age where more and more people are looking for more and more rights, equality, and better living this kind of "old fashioned" thinking is differently a step in the wrong direction.

I am not a feminist. Never have been, never will be. I just want to be treated the same as anyone else with my education, training, and knowledge. If this person truly was your friend, she'd understand how you feel and respect your feelings and opions.

AntiLuck
    Upload
    323 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I wear clothes that i feel comfortable in .
    If you care too much about what others think of you, you will never be able to bring out your true self.
    <-- Thanks JB ^^

Inactive Uploader

Upload
    508 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

What kind of clothes do you usually wear (pants/dresses/if both then how and where) and what do you think about the things presented above?

I wear both! I wear whichever calls to the occasion. Pants are required for some activities which may require work such as running, lots of walking [I don't see many who wear rubber shoes with skirts], etc. Skirts/dresses may be used in parties or when you just feel like hanging out. Actually one can wear anything, just be reasonable.

Does the pants fact really throw down the drain the beauty and femininity of a girl?

Of course not. Clothes do not define the beauty of a person. As for femininity, it can be shown through actions/attitude/personality, not just clothes.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

To be honest, I'm a guy and I have a lot of girl friends(don't get the wrong idea) "girls that are friends" and 90&#37; of the time they wear pants. The 10% of the time is usually on a special occasion (dance/holiday/hot temp/etc). To get to my point, girls wearing pants does not influence or change my opinion about them. There can only be special cases like "osht, dis gurl is buff" obviously or shes always wears pants.

Anyways, clothes(pants) and just clothes and does not affect them as a person.

"Why do I have many pretend younger sisters/sisters..?" x_x

3rd OS Citizen
    Upload
    234 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

As the saying goes first impression always last.

And what clothes you wear and how you wear it reflects on your personality

Youkai Mountain playing shogi with the Tengus.
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I don't really care what others wear anyway since I usually don't take notice of other people's clothes.

The only thing that matters to me is just making sure that I put on clothes that will not make me a laughing stocks . . . whether they look good or not . . .

So Nanoka = Is that so/Really

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

As long as she looks decent it's fine.

You know what the sig is trying to say...

I'm...King Nothing.OSC2B! GhostAJR's Avatar
    Thanks

im not one to question wardrobe, but at the same time i agree with alrius, first impressions are important, they go quite a long way....

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yes, but there are events in life that can change that impression... and it might last for a lifetime.

You know what the sig is trying to say...

OS Citizen
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Just wear what do you want to wear desu ~
    Who care about other opinion that you're not feminine enough while you're a girl . They don't know you completely , only you who know yourself.....

Thou Shalt not Surpass me
    Upload
    32 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

in my opinion its about the balance.

You have to hit the line between slutty and "slightly boring" in my opinion jeans with a top and a jacket over that is perfect, but other people might already find that boring

Remember: Everyone has his own style, his own moral of what is correct/not correct ,and his own clothes where he feels comfortable in =)

~~"Higher Than The SUN!"~~ (Eureka Seven)
    ~~"We're going to destroy the Moon!"~~ (Fairy Tail)
    ~~"We're going to steal the Moon!"~~ (Despicable Me)
    ~~All Hail OS!~~

'nuff said

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Well, I don't have any real issues with girls not wearing dresses, and I don't have any issues with girls who wear only dresses either. If they look good in what they wear, then it's all fine by me.

And while I may not demand it, I think skirts are woefully rare these days, particularly where I live because it's cold up here. And I'll admit I am a sucker for a pretty girl in a dress. Well, I also am a sucker for a punky girl, too. AHHHH! Like I said, it doesn't matter what they wear as long as they make it look good!

Fashions changing is not a sign of society taking a dump. Well, not those kind of fashions anyways. Now if we talk about guys wearing their pants real low... That's a whole different story.

OS Citizen(I don't exist) takasuryuuji's Avatar
    i don't exist, I only exist with taiga...
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Guys: Do the clothes influence the way you may think of a girl or if you'd like a girl or not? What do you think of a girl you see on the street or at school that wears pants and seems slightly manly or strong (in the personality way, not in the buff way lol)?

ans.........
    The clothes does not influence the way I may think of a girl , because I have a lot of "girl" friends that wore those types of clothes, but they seem not to be a "tomboy".......
    I would prefer to see a girl in different clothes......
    I don't mind their clothes I would want to see their true personality beyond it............

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default How should a woman look?

Tiny and cute> Girlish? or curvy and soft? Tall and muscular? Based on what u find attractive or what u want to look like, what is pretty for u?
    ANYWAY THE WIND - BLOWS -
    It doesn't really matter to meee

... to me.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

tall and muscular????? looks scary XD...

I'd rather have my girl look cute and innocent rather than sexy...and i like it when a girl dresses with dignity rather than showing her body off...