Goshujin-Sama
    Upload
    1687 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,658 Times in 107 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default OS version 2

There are so many changes that I do not know where to start, so going to just give an overview and have you guys find out the changes yourselves :)

New Features
    - Personal Blogs
    - Improved Groups
    - Previous and Next buttons on the video
    - OS Radio (Finally!)
    - Seeking support for all videos
    - OS Chat below the video
    - Surprise Me! function (when you dont know what to watch)
    - Improved anime search function
    - Updated OS mini chat
    - Manga (coming soon)

Features removed
    - Gaming section (compatibility issues)

Thanks to Jim's hard work, OS version 2 is now faster than it has ever been since it was opened back in December of 2008. Everything has been improved from ground to up and is snappy and has a great response time (all pages are generated in less than a second) So let me talk briefly about the features

Personal Blogs

That's right folks, you can now have your own blog here on OS! You can use this as your space to speak out your mind and share it with others. Users leave a comment on the blogs you create and you instantly receive a notification that someone has commented on your blog. Be heard in OS blog

Improved Groups

Well for starters, the User Interface of the group section is better organized. There is now a separate link to see whether there are new discussions in the group and also with the new album management system, it is so much easier to share your album pictures with your groups. Just try it out :)

Previous and Next buttons on the video

After so many requests, a previous and next button underneath the video for increased user friendliness. ( Just in case people thought we were not friendly enough!)

OS Radio

It is back and now it is here to stay (I hope). You can now just chill and listen to OS personal radio station. Future features will include DJ and lyrics support for each song.

Seeking support for all videos

Now with the new server upgrade, we now have the capacity to implement seek video function to all of our videos. While this is true, it would still take some time to migrate those videos from our current video hosts to the new server (we now have 20K+ videos). Slowly but surely, all videos will have this feature.

OS Chat below the video

A lot of people has requested this so it is now possible to for you chat while you stream. If you enable it in your settings, the OS chatbox will appear below each video. But note that it is turned off by default so don't freak out if you don't see it, just go to your settings and enable it.

Surprise Me! function

If you don't know what to watch today and are mesmerized with all the titles to choose from, you can have OS choose for you. Surprise Me function randomly chooses any first episode in of all titles here on OS.

Improved anime search function

When you go to our Streaming page, you will notice that we did not display all titles in one page at once in an effort to speed up its page load time and also lessen the server load. While it was convenient because you could just Ctrl+F to find an anime, we have replaced that primitive search technique with our far superior search function.

We have implemented a auto-complete function in the search bar so you could quickly select the title you wanted to search and at the same time have an overview of all the similar titles if you did not know the full title name.

If you don't know the title and just want to be more specific on your search, you can use the advance feature where you could select the Video Type, Genre and you could choose from an array of options to sort it out.

I truly hope that this would help you members :)

OS Mini Chat
    Try the new version ... its pretty cool. Send your personal hand written message to your friends on OS and other cool stuff.

Manga

And of course the manga section. Currently it is under construction but it will be up on the next update once we have a decent load of manga uploaded

Edit: Actually this was scrapped altogether due to the huge file sizes manga would take once we have titles at the hundreds.

Gaming Section (removed)

We have not included the gaming section on this major update because it was not compatible with the new OS. So we would like to apologize to members who are affected by this. If we can find a way to add it again, we would it asap. (I know K is bitterly disappointed with its loss...)

That is just an overview and I have not covered a lot of things... so just check it out yourselves :)

If there are bugs, which we suspect that there are a lot, please help us by reporting it. Thanks
    Last edited by Kobowo; 03-24-2014 at 07:16 AM.

Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to avich For This Useful Post:

adiktdtololi (05-30-2010), Bindu1000 (05-30-2010), bobobear (05-31-2010), castlella (07-12-2011), CloverLeaf (05-30-2010), DarkAmethyst (02-03-2013), diambangan15 (06-11-2012), eliemusica (05-31-2010), Ephenyan (05-30-2010), Galing (01-15-2014), hirochi (08-31-2011), kaien011 (05-30-2010), katastic05 (05-30-2010), Josiee (11-19-2012), lancelot112 (01-10-2011), Link14 (10-26-2010), LordKaname (05-30-2010), majidemo (03-12-2011), menisa06 (03-17-2011), mlcdl (05-31-2010), mystic rain (10-20-2010), nannel24 (05-30-2010), Rakkun (11-01-2010), ringonmahyu (10-06-2013), solidoxygen (05-30-2010), Sora Kasugano (10-24-2010), takasuryuuji (05-30-2010), terbx04 (03-17-2011), yoyoyoyou (05-30-2010)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

waa no arcade!! anyways its fine

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

woo cool
    IT HUGE OK LETS CALL THIS IPPO NUCLEARSHOOTER!!!~

Courage is not the lack of Fear but the ability to Face it."

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

*speechless* i'm truly amazed at you guys, thanks for all the dedication, time, hard work and effort in making OS the most amazing place/site to be. I'm proud of being an OS member and will be supporting you guys along the sidelines. Again, Thank You and nice work.

~All Hail OS!
    Spoiler :  

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

so cool!! All Hail Os!

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

*speechless* i'm truly amazed at you guys, thanks for all the dedication, time, hard work and effort in making OS the most amazing place/site to be. I'm proud of being an OS member and will be supporting you guys along the sidelines. Again, Thank You and nice work.
    ~All Hail OS!
    Spoiler :  

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

please return the old streaming list it is so hard to find the anime with all the next buttons!

somewhere in the philippines(I wish I was in akihabara)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Nice job jim!!! I guess this is still beta am I right?
    I was really shock man!!! very far from the old one!!!
    All hail otaku-streamers
    If the ideal world can be found in a bad game, it can be found in the real world as well.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Cool new version of OS... I can't wait for the release of manga ^__^
    A girl asked a guy if he thought she was pretty,
    he said...no.
    She asked him if he would want to be with her forever
    ....and he said no.
    She then asked him if she were to leave would he cry? and once again he replied with a no.
    She had heard enough . As she walked away, tears streaming down her face the guy grabbed her arm and said....You're not pretty you're beautiful. i don't want to be with you forever. I need to be with you forever, and i wouldn't cry if you walked away... I'd die..

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Like we all say "All hail OS"....XD

Anime Encyclopedia

Raiding your fridge... Loli Lover Lvl: 99+
    Upload
    141 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Finally a random button... I love it :D

Please read the rules before posting.

OS Citizen(I don't exist) takasuryuuji's Avatar
    i don't exist, I only exist with taiga...
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

"All hail OS"
    nice job...

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Lolz Though I liked the old Streaming Page the new one is a bit complicated......
    I Still like what you guys did in the improved version hahahahaha

Those who SEEK Revenge Shall dig TWO GRAVES!!!!
    Those who SEEK LOLI BAN Shall face my WRATH

Lover of Random Info :) kyoyahostluv's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I like how the site was redone, but the old one was fine the way it was. Either way, I'm still going to be on as much as I can!!!!

"I guess this is how Napoleon felt when Washington beat him at Pearl Harbor."
    -Beast Boy, Teen Titans

Lurker Mod

Upload
    125 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

[COLOR="rgb(0, 191, 255)"]Wow, I never expected such a drastic update. I am very impressed with this new site. Hopefully any bugs will be crushed soon. I will need to explore all the new features now.

All Hail OS![/COLOR]
    >streaming

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I hope the problem of some anime videos that fast forward itself when there's a minute left is solved

little piece of puzzle eliemusica's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

this is totally cool!!i think the upgrade version has an edgier look, has this 'we mean serious business' kinda look and i really love it!!2thumbs up!!!thanks for those whos really dedicated to make this happen!!!~ALL HAIL OS!

little piece of puzzle eliemusica's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I LOVE IT!!it has all the goodness of OS V1 and a whole lot more!!i'm loving this new look and the surprise me button really helps me in looking for new anime..but i'm still waiting for the manga academy and my watch log to return so right now i'm just going to look around and discover all those hidden bugs lol..n all thumbs up for the blog academy. mybe i'm gonna start one....if i'm good enuf lolz..anyway, thanks to all those who made this happend..jbluey, bindu and whole lot more..THANKS A LOT!!~

Upload
    1270 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

well the update is good but there are some function that got lost.

And then again OSv2 is great as well but still I want to see the final update to see which is better...the first or the latest version

"The trick to running is to stay M-A-D. M for 'move ever forward'. A for 'always accelerate', and D for 'dash and don't stop'. If you don't follow those rules, you'll be doing the same thing tomorrow." - Owari no Chronicle

Otakustreamer Yuri
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

you do know that you have been scolded at the cb
    the OSv2 is better always the version two is better
    -searches for manga- what you want the old one now?
    and i just noticed that this is like the forums in dollars xD
    its awesome