Can you learn things/lessons from anime which are applicable in real life?
Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    OS chef in the making
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I am slowly becoming infected with various behavior from anime. None come to mind atm though accept for I keep repeating random japanese phrases when I find my mind wandering.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I think Goku from Dragon Ball Z sends a good message about the importance of discipline, training, and constantly honing your skills. I mean, he went from a typical martial artist to a Super Saiyan XD

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I've learned a lot of things from anime, and also picked up some habits and stuff from anime.
    I can't think of any specific anime though.

But, like, me and my best friend who's practically my big brother, I call him nii-san and he calls me his imouto. And a lot of the time I'll say "arigatou" and "hai." There's a lot of other things too, I just can't think of all of them right now.
    ~I would have loved anyone so long as I became dependent on him.~

Thanks

You can learn from anything that leaves an impresion on you. Just because it is an anime or a series, it doesn't mean you can't learn from them. One learns from experience Either doing things, or watching them being done. This aplies to anime aswell.

He Who Must Not Be Named FAT4LS's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Cool

yes from Hachiman Hikigaya.. he still so Awesome :) XD

"Expecting others to read your mind is delusional. But... But... I... I..."It's not empty words I'm after. There was something else I desired all along. Not mutual understanding, friendship, companionship, or anything of the sort. I don't care about being understood. I simply wish to understand. Understand, know, and rest easy in that knowledge-- gain some peace of mind. Wanting to know people inside-out because being in the dark terrifies me is an awfully self-indulgement, egoistic, and arrogant wish. It's downright despicable and disgusting. Having a desire like that makes me sick to the stomach! But if it's at all possible to share that desire-- if it's possible to have a relationship where you're free to burden one another with that repulsive self-gratification...I know that it's out of the question! I know that it's out of my reach! Even so!" Even so, I... I want something genuine."
    Last edited by FAT4LS; 06-03-2015 at 12:46 PM.

Man that humanity forgots Lancaster's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I know you all know this one but this is the best lesson I learned in an anime, "People die when they are killed." It moved me to tears after knowing that fact. T___T

Banned
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Of course, as with any other show that has a moral in the story.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Augustus For This Useful Post:

Inquisitor (11-07-2015)

♥Panda Princess♥

Upload
    242 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I learned how to make bread without an oven thanks to Yakitate! Japan. And I also learn the value of friendship and alot of stuff that can be used in my life.
    Procrastinator by day. Insomiac by night ♥

Inactive Uploader
    Upload
    61 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FAT4LS View Post
    yes from Hachiman Hikigaya.. he still so Awesome :) XD

"Expecting others to read your mind is delusional. But... But... I... I..."It's not empty words I'm after. There was something else I desired all along. Not mutual understanding, friendship, companionship, or anything of the sort. I don't care about being understood. I simply wish to understand. Understand, know, and rest easy in that knowledge-- gain some peace of mind. Wanting to know people inside-out because being in the dark terrifies me is an awfully self-indulgement, egoistic, and arrogant wish. It's downright despicable and disgusting. Having a desire like that makes me sick to the stomach! But if it's at all possible to share that desire-- if it's possible to have a relationship where you're free to burden one another with that repulsive self-gratification...I know that it's out of the question! I know that it's out of my reach! Even so!" Even so, I... I want something genuine."
    I totally agree-- Hikigaya is just too awesome! ^___^

--Well, I did learn a lot of great things in anime. I'd say that anime saved me in many ways.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I learned how to make my own ramen.

Death Moonlight Prince sasuke15y's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I learned to handle rejections more pleasanly now than I handle it before I watched some animes. And I somehow been applying some anime characters' personality, or so my friends say, they say I have the personality of Eji Nizuma from Bakuman, yes I like to hold a pen and paper but I ain't a genius, somehow, and yeah I tend to have an unapproachable and intimidating aura that most of the people think I'm a snob and I'm inspired to all kinds of things especially music.

Hontouni atama ni kuru :| Keir06's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Definitely. I think I may have learned more things in life from fictional characters than live human beings lol

Anything from life lessons, random stuff related to the theme of the anime, etc; Just goes to show how much we could learn from anything or anyone in this world..

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

The one lesson that anime has probably pounded into me more than anything else is in regards to pursuing the person you like. Basically:

"If you do nothing but look at that person from a ways off and dream, NOTHING will ever happen."

You can't sit around hoping that person will "notice you" or that they'll somehow take an interest in you. That works maybe 0.001% of the time, and it usually doesn't last. You want something out of life? Expect to make an effort to try and get it.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

it made me a member of N.H.K & became an otaku/NEET/Delinquent

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Fruits Basket taught me that love is a strange thing that you need to have patience for

Angel Beats taught me that behind brave faces lie dark pasts, that if stirred will make the soul shiver

Cowboy Bebop taught me about freedom

Mushishi taught me respect for nature

Devil is a part-timer taught me that no matter your station in life, everyone has greater potential

Psycho Pass taught me that its ok to go against the grain, follow your own logic, not everyone elses

Ergo Proxy
    taught me that if you want a meaningful life, you need to find your raison d'être

Casshern taught me that atonement of sins is done for oneself, and that if you do it for someone else, often you'll find that they are worse than you

Akira taught me that there are things that humanity just isn't ready for, whether its changing our own genome, or world peace. Society evolves slower than science does.

I'm sure there's more, but I just can't think of them on the spot.

Thanks

Well there's quite a lot of anime that teaches us lessons and we can all agree that Naruto was one of those anime who taught us quite a lot. Like never giving up, reaching our dreams, working hard to be the best. Deymm soo much kknowledge and learnings

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama