2022 Urusei Yatsura reboot thread
    OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Thumbs up 2022 Urusei Yatsura reboot thread

Since I'm a fan of Rumiko Takahashi and Urusei Yatsura, I'm so happy to hear there's going to be a new season being made to bless us in the year 2022.

To give fans at OS and potential fans here an opportunity to rave about the upcoming release, I thought I'd do a copy+paste for what I find on the Urusei Yatsura reboot announced to be coming in 2022. I'm taking these things mostly from the Urusei Yatsura reddit (I know) community. Hope you'll find this handy, useful even!

Here's what's been announced so far (1/1/2022)

New "Urusei Yatsura" (Lum) anime series is directed by Hideya Takahashi & Yasuhiro Kimura (JoJo's Golden Wind) at David Production studio.

Character-design by Naoyuki Asano (Eizouken).

It will run for 4 Cours (48 to 52 Epsiodes), to celebrate the 100th anniversary of Shogakukan's founding.

YouTube PV

"A full-page New Year's greeting advertisement in the January 1 edition of the Sankei Shimbun paper announced that Rumiko Takahashi's Urusei Yatsura manga is inspiring a new television anime in 2022. The anime will air in the Noitamina programming block on Fuji TV and other channels." (source)

Rumiko Takahashi’s Ilustration Commemorating the News of the Urusei Yatsura Anime Reboot

And if ya need something to do while waiting for the new releases, you can always hop on over to the hilarious original series ;)
    Attached Images

2. The Following User Says Thank You to ponycat For This Useful Post:

Tiotsh (01-05-2022)