live action adaptations
    OS chef in the making
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default live action adaptations

Are any of the live action adaptation(LAA) movies any good? (Bleach, Gintama, FMA, etc.) If you have one that really stands out to you let me know I've been wanting to watch them but I've always been concerned with LAA's.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

The three Rurouni Kenshin live action adaptations are very good. Of course some things are changed up but over all the movies are fairly faithful to the source material. GTO 2012 is pretty good too. I enjoyed it though it is not super faithful to the source material, still a good watch.

OS Legendary Donator
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I thoroughly enjoyed the Bleach LAA. I was actually quite lucky and happened to be in Japan when it was released and saw it in a theater :D no subs, so I just had to follow along with what I remembered from watching the anime. It was obvious who each character was and the special effects are very well done.

The Fullmetal Alchemist... It was also well done, but left something to be desired. The effects are in the uncanny valley range of quality. that 98% perfect, where something is just off, but I can't quite tell what it is. But it is true to the anime; you know who's who and what's going on.

I recommend watching both.
    "Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."
    -Edsger Dijkstra

OS Regular
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Gintama live action is pretty good. Most comedy anime tend to be good as a live action.

Rurouni Kenshin live action is good too. The sword fighting is amazing.