Pie, Cobbler, or Cake?

View Poll Results: Pie, Cobbler, or Cake?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Pie

8 24.24%
  • Cobbler

3 9.09%
  • Cake

22 66.67%
    OS Legendary Donator
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default Pie, Cobbler, or Cake?

There's always been a rivalry between the three juicy, baked goodies full of sweetness. How does each fair here at OS?

Pie: The top-level juicy, with everything from cherries and apple to pecans and pumpkin.
    Cake: The driest of the lot, but the most traditional at birthday parties and weddings.
    Cobbler: The best of both worlds. Combines the juicy fruity flavors of pie with the sweet dryness of cake.
    "Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."
    -Edsger Dijkstra

OS Legendary Donator
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

For me... it's cobbler. Peach cobbler. Mom would pour a whole can of peaches into the batter and bake for a while... I could never wait long enough for it to cool off and always burned my tongue on the first bite.
    "Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."
    -Edsger Dijkstra

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I've never had cobbler so that's out, pies are what my mom bakes so I guess I'll go with that.
    Rise again, rise again - though your heart it be broken
    And life about to end
    No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend.
    Like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again.

Thanks

I've never had cobbler either, also cake just makes me feel unhealthy when I eat it, especially when it has a lot of frosting. I guess pie would be the best choice for me because it goes well with ice cream and it doesn't make me feel unhealthy.
    Genius's are Born, Not Created

Below Average

Upload
    3334 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,493 Times in 265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Never had a cobbler. XD Huge fan of almond chocolate cake and mango brave cake. :)

Thanks

The cake is a lie.

Daydreamer~
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

It's pretty close between cake and pie for me. Cobblers are good but I'm not a huge fan of crust D: So cake it is!
    "Shining brightly, even for a split second, is better than living a dull-grey life for eternity."

He Who Must Not Be Named FAT4LS's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I like both cake and pie.
    Mango Bravo, Brazo de mercedes(roll cake), Cheese Cake

Buko Pie, egg pie

OS Legendary Donator
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAngel View Post
    It's pretty close between cake and pie for me. Cobblers are good but I'm not a huge fan of crust D: So cake it is!
    If you don't like it because crust... =/ I think someone is over-cooking your cobbler. It might be a little like lasagna or brownies, crust at the edges because the pan's sides give it more heat, but the rest of it should still be soft, like cake.
    -Edsger Dijkstra

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I’m a cobbler kinda guy lol, cakes and pies tend to use a lot of sugar and make me feel sick, or mkay m6 teeth hurt, cobblers on the other hand usually just make use largely of 5he sweetness of the berry or fruit used in them, having grown up around different berry and fruit farms, cobbler was always a go to

Spirit mound covered swampland between two lakes
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I love them all! But a big thing for me is how they go with tea and what tea they go with.
    You can't have cake without tea, or cobbler without tea, or pie without tea, or food without tea.
    But I love princess cake. Partly because I'm a princess at heart. But also because it has Marzipan and I love marzipan, and it has cream and raspberry jam, and all that stuff is amazing with red tea.
    I do love meat pies though, but I don't think that was the type of being referenced here.
    But mince meat pies are awesome! I haven't had one since I was little though but I remember loving them. I really want to make one now, actually I've been wanting to for a couple years but they are kind of hard to make and they don't carry suet in shops in the US so I would have to find it from a butcher and render it myself.
    Unfortunately all the modern recipes and canned mince and stuff is completely disgusting. It's amazing that modern people can make something so revolting from fruit, sugar, and spices. But old people used to be able to take those same things, add organ fats and chopped up and meat and turn it into an amazing dessert.
    I also like carrot cake with a ton of cream cheese frosting on it. My mom makes a banana bread sort of cake of cake thing with this brown sugar frosting and it is also amazing. Oh yeah and ice cream cakes. Those are great
    I really want cake and tea now.
    Oh yeah and also steak pie, I need to make more of that. I don't know why but I'm addicted to watching old time cooking shows. I don't mean old cooking shows. I mean youtube cooking shows that make old timey food, like Townsends 18th century cooking show, tasting history, or Historical Italian Cooking are some of my favorites.
    In fact the only recipes I make from cooking shows are weird recipes I see on shows like that and mostly stuff like ancient cakes or desserts.
    Or steak pie because it's easy and super awesome. But mostly I just make marzipan or chocolate covered marzipan or toasted marzipan, because it's easy to make and I love marzipan.