Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Below Average

Upload
    3334 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,441 Times in 260 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default PayPal Closed our Account, Again...

Why PayPal, WHY?! T_T

Hi everyone! I hope you are all safe, healthy and well. It has been more than 5 months (here in Phil., at least) that most of us are being directed to stay at home for our own sake. True enough, these months had tested almost all aspects of our lives.

It is with sadness that I am writing this post today. PayPal has blocked our account once again. Jim had tried to apply for business account but had been denied. Hence, we are still working on ways we could keep our beloved site afloat. Here are few of the workarounds Jim had set in place:

Now, Jim and I had discussed this over and over again. We are NOT inclined in closing or selling our site. While we are encountering tremendous challenges in terms of working on the new version and hitting our donation goals, we have not thought of closing the site for good.

With this in mind, we would like to request for your continuous help and support as we strive to keep our site and community alive. For any questions or comments, please write them below or feel free to send us a message.

Stay safe, everyone!! Thank you and as always…

ALL HAIL OS!
    Last edited by jbluey; 07-24-2020 at 07:26 AM.

2. The Following 47 Users Say Thank You to Zeraphine For This Useful Post:

AngelxKitten (08-10-2020), ASheAGirl (07-23-2020), BrokenAngel (07-22-2020), CastorShell6 (08-29-2020), CatTrain (07-27-2020), Chiqitita (09-06-2020), darkman21 (07-25-2020), forecast (07-22-2020), fundilloman (07-22-2020), gatesentry (07-22-2020), GhaiLa (08-03-2020), Gunshi (08-31-2020), hazuki0808 (07-28-2020), Irfy91 (09-10-2020), jbluey (07-22-2020), JeffJak (07-27-2020), Jorta (07-23-2020), kagome (08-05-2020), Kris Luna (08-31-2020), kyorokune (07-22-2020), las soul (07-23-2020), lazydisgrace (07-26-2020), leilich (07-26-2020), marwello (07-23-2020), Minek (07-22-2020), Moirachan (07-23-2020), Nyamh (07-25-2020), Othos (07-22-2020), Penny161 (07-23-2020), pikel (08-31-2020), ponycat (07-24-2020), PotatoStyle (07-31-2020), Raien (07-22-2020), ranmachua (07-24-2020), Reverie Ire (07-23-2020), Revirie (08-15-2020), RoyalBaka (07-22-2020), Shinkai Kouru (09-02-2020), Shintendochi (07-23-2020), Skipachu (07-23-2020), smokescreen (07-24-2020), Tiotsh (07-25-2020), U-mae (09-08-2020), unshod (07-23-2020), witchLeen (08-12-2020), Xenciao (07-23-2020), ZetsuRavez (07-25-2020)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I have no idea on any other means of doing donation stuff, so excuse the noob question, but is Patreon a possibility? I know a lot of content creators are on there getting support from their fans, so couldn't OS find a way to use that for support?

もうー人の神ã*!.
    Upload
    8317 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,348 Times in 152 Posts

I also applied on patreon hope it gets a Approved.

Thanks marwelllo.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jbluey For This Useful Post:

marwello (07-24-2020)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

how about sites like go fund me?

もうー人の神ã*!.
    Upload
    8317 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by marwello View Post
    I have no idea on any other means of doing donation stuff, so excuse the noob question, but is Patreon a possibility? I know a lot of content creators are on there getting support from their fans, so couldn't OS find a way to use that for support?
    Nice, its approved.

https://www.patreon.com/OtakuStreamers

Still processing the payout method thou. I have applied to payoneer hopefully it gets approved too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Dracones View Post
    how about sites like go fund me?
    Let me try if i wont get any issues with gofundme.

Thanks a lot Rex.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to jbluey For This Useful Post:

marwello (07-24-2020)

OS Supporter

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

1 Patron so far, and it's me! I feel so blessed

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FinetalPies For This Useful Post:

jbluey (07-24-2020), smokescreen (07-24-2020)

もうー人の神ã*!.
    Upload
    8317 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by FinetalPies View Post
    1 Patron so far, and it's me! I feel so blessed
    Thank you so much FinetalPies :3

OS Patron
    "out of the night that covers me black as a pit form pole to pole"
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Currently 2 on Patreon now :D Always happy to support my fav site. Thank you again for all your hard work.
    "You are free to sever the chains of fate that bind you...."

13. The Following User Says Thank You to smokescreen For This Useful Post:

jbluey (07-24-2020)

もうー人の神ã*!.
    Upload
    8317 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by smokescreen View Post
    Currently 2 on Patreon now :D Always happy to support my fav site. Thank you again for all your hard work.
    Thank you Smokescreen :3.

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Another noob thing from me lol
    Does Patreon monitor their accounts and such? I ask as I was looking at the "about" section that says "Otaku-Streamers is a AD FREE Anime streaming site which contains 4400+ Titles and Over 80000+ Videos. We have been running OS for 12 Years and we never have ADS. Thanks to our members who keep on supporting us." Makes me think that perhaps something more along the lines of "Otaku-Streamers is a Anime dedicated community which seeks to promote and enjoy the culture and aspects of visual media. We have been running OS for 12 Years and it's the power and dedication of our community of supporters that keeps us going strong. Thanks to our members for their passion and talents to keep OS moving forward." Or something along those lines to make it more like a group of creators and supporters more than just peeps watching anime. And that's not being mean or anything so don't flame me for "just peeps watching anime". lol I hope what I said makes some sense. :)

16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to marwello For This Useful Post:

jbluey (07-24-2020), Online (07-26-2020)

もうー人の神ã*!.
    Upload
    8317 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Another noob thing from me lol
    Does Patreon monitor their accounts and such? I ask as I was looking at the "about" section that says "Otaku-Streamers is a AD FREE Anime streaming site which contains 4400+ Titles and Over 80000+ Videos. We have been running OS for 12 Years and we never have ADS. Thanks to our members who keep on supporting us." Makes me think that perhaps something more along the lines of "Otaku-Streamers is a Anime dedicated community which seeks to promote and enjoy the culture and aspects of visual media. We have been running OS for 12 Years and it's the power and dedication of our community of supporters that keeps us going strong. Thanks to our members for their passion and talents to keep OS moving forward." Or something along those lines to make it more like a group of creators and supporters more than just peeps watching anime. And that's not being mean or anything so don't flame me for "just peeps watching anime". lol I hope what I said makes some sense. :)
    I Just copy pasted the about from my old archives. as you know my english really suck specially my grammar lol.. gonna ask dudette to compose me something for the about. but i think this is good

"Otaku-Streamers is a Anime dedicated community which seeks to promote and enjoy the culture and aspects of visual media. We have been running OS for 12 Years and it's the power and dedication of our community of supporters that keeps us going strong. Thanks to our members for their passion and talents to keep OS moving forward."

As always Thank you so much for supporting Os :3

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to jbluey For This Useful Post:

darkvenom (07-25-2020), marwello (07-24-2020)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

No worries. :) I just want to make sure that OS gets seen by Patreon more as a content creator/community of supporters and thus more in line with their standards. That way they hopefully won't flag the account and delete it for being outside of their mission statement/policies.
    All the love to OS :D

20. The Following User Says Thank You to marwello For This Useful Post:

jbluey (07-24-2020)

OS Legendary Donator
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I do have concerns about the use of Patreon. Patreon is a service primarily for artists, writers, and other creators. OS, as a host for someone else's videos, may fall afoul of Patreon's terms of service. An example from their FAQ "Creations or benefits that use others' intellectual property, unless you have written permission to use it, or your use is protected by fair use." Although I wish you the best, I wouldn't push it too hard at the moment.
    "Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."
    -Edsger Dijkstra

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Skipachu For This Useful Post:

jbluey (07-24-2020), marwello (07-24-2020)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Right, I feel like PayPal is going away and Patreon is coming way up in ranks?? But I'm just here to say thank you for keeping Otaku Streamers going!

I have no idea what I'd be doing right now (still in lock down month: 6) if I didn't have this site as my main form of relaxation and entertainment. Probably flipping out setting small fires and definitely bored to death x_x

24. The Following User Says Thank You to ponycat For This Useful Post:

jbluey (07-24-2020)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skipachu View Post
    I do have concerns about the use of Patreon. Patreon is a service primarily for artists, writers, and other creators. OS, as a host for someone else's videos, may fall afoul of Patreon's terms of service. An example from their FAQ "Creations or benefits that use others' intellectual property, unless you have written permission to use it, or your use is protected by fair use." Although I wish you the best, I wouldn't push it too hard at the moment.
    That's exactly why I thought throwing in something that made it sound more creator side and creator supporters might work. However, I have no real clue on how to try and phrase what we do on OS as creator content. Maybe voice dubbing and subbing could be linked into cultural events and artistic expression/commentary? Perhaps we can all come up with something that will let OS fly under the radar until we can figure out a better solution. :)

26. The Following User Says Thank You to marwello For This Useful Post:

jbluey (07-24-2020)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

hey i heard we can use paymaya for donation... is that the no cash pay app that is available in the philippines?..

もうー人の神ã*!.
    Upload
    8317 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by ZetsuRavez View Post
    hey i heard we can use paymaya for donation... is that the no cash pay app that is available in the philippines?..
    yes. ZetsuRavez.

I have to create a paymaya personal account for OS. cause i don't think it will pass for a business account lol.

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

This was brilliant for the content creator label OS needs from Patreon :-)

"OS v3 Beta - As you all know our V3 is already out for Beta testing. Most major functions area already working and there are some few bugs found.
    It would be great if you can help us find more bugs of the site so we can finish them as soon as possible.
    https://beta.otaku-streamers.com/ We are also open for suggestions of what functions you want to see in OSv3. Please feel free to comment or post.
    Thank you - Jbluey"

It might be more of a pain to post something like that each month, but any Patreon admins looking at OS should be happy to see that kind of "progress update". :D

30. The Following User Says Thank You to marwello For This Useful Post:

jbluey (07-26-2020)

もうー人の神ã*!.
    Upload
    8317 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

This was brilliant for the content creator label OS needs from Patreon :-)

"OS v3 Beta - As you all know our V3 is already out for Beta testing. Most major functions area already working and there are some few bugs found.
    It would be great if you can help us find more bugs of the site so we can finish them as soon as possible.
    https://beta.otaku-streamers.com/ We are also open for suggestions of what functions you want to see in OSv3. Please feel free to comment or post.
    Thank you - Jbluey"

It might be more of a pain to post something like that each month, but any Patreon admins looking at OS should be happy to see that kind of "progress update". :D
    Yeah. i hope it will go smoothly. ill put updates for OSv3 there so it will more on developing OS :)

32. The Following User Says Thank You to jbluey For This Useful Post:

marwello (07-26-2020)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Maybe you should try with PayMaya for now.

34. The Following User Says Thank You to geingeingein For This Useful Post:

jbluey (07-27-2020)