It's time for some spring cleaning!!!!!
    Support Administrator Eh?

Upload
    5182 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,492 Times in 87 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default It's time for some spring cleaning!!!!!

Hello Members

Based on some of the comments and after monitoring the forum chats I will be starting to clean up all the old chats and deleting some areas.

Deleting Completely (and disinfecting)
    Cesspool and any R-18 stuff. Yes, we have some anime that is R-16 and we cant change the rating of the site but some of the stuff we have in the Cesspool is just disturbing. Whatever said and done - Anime attracts young ones and we don't want to traumatize them.

Moving to Trash
    All the outdated Threads that are over 10-12 years old and oh so not relevant

Moving to Trash and starting new
    All old fun Threads that are pages and pages long so that we can start these all over again and make it more user friendly for the new ones. Most of the pics and stuff are not even existing anymore. These will include some of the 'Sticky Threads' of Anime requests and stuff. This way we can look at what our members are looking for.

If you object to any of these changes - I apologise. Pls dont harass Jim or Dudette who have been single handedly running this site. You can PM me and rant and yell and insult if you wish. I promise to read every single mail and make sympathetic noises.

In the event you are worried if you are one of our oldies who has actively posted in the past and dont want your status to change - rest assured it wont. Your post count will stay the same

~All Hail OS~

2. The Following 32 Users Say Thank You to Bindu1000 For This Useful Post:

Avykun (03-30-2020), BrokenAngel (04-04-2020), CastorShell6 (04-29-2020), CatTrain (03-30-2020), Fallon (03-30-2020), forecast (03-30-2020), jbluey (03-30-2020), Jorta (03-30-2020), Kris Luna (03-30-2020), kyorokune (05-18-2020), las soul (04-11-2020), lilylily09 (03-30-2020), LoliCaptorSayanome (03-30-2020), marwello (03-31-2020), otakuguy6851 (03-30-2020), PerkZ (03-30-2020), PotatoStyle (03-31-2020), ranmachua (03-31-2020), Revirie (04-20-2020), RoyalBaka (03-30-2020), SashaFierce (03-30-2020), Shadus (03-30-2020), Shintendochi (05-11-2020), silverylook (03-30-2020), Skipachu (03-30-2020), Skipress (03-30-2020), Taknows (08-18-2020), Tiotsh (03-30-2020), U-mae (04-03-2020), witchLeen (04-10-2020), Xenciao (03-30-2020), ZetsuRavez (03-30-2020)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Thanks for the effort Bindu! Keep up the good work :)!
    "For those who fight for it, life has a flavor the protected will never know"

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Thank you for the effort, Bindu!

Below Average

Upload
    3334 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,493 Times in 265 Posts
    Blog Entries

Instead of moving old threads to Trash (which will disable others to read them), let's just create an archive folder or thread.

It's quite disheartening to see a long standing site without any old content. At least this way, we can all still view them.

6. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dudette For This Useful Post:

kyorokune (05-18-2020), Shintendochi (05-11-2020), witchLeen (04-10-2020), Xenciao (03-30-2020), ZetsuRavez (03-30-2020)

Upload
    5182 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dudette09 View Post
    Instead of moving old threads to Trash (which will disable others to read them), let's just create an archive folder or thread.

It's quite disheartening to see a long standing site without any old content. At least this way, we can all still view them.
    I guess we can do that. Except the "Cesspool" I think that should be deleted since most of the content is not even there anymore.

Troll -o- lol -o- LOLI!~

Upload
    334 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Will you be doing anything to excessively inactive groups?
    If ye doth not thinketh, it is a flower; if ye doth, it is not.

Proud Member of the following group(s):
    Spoiler :  

Regular Uploader

Upload
    157 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

hello thread my old friend and good bye to years of cesspool activity.

1 OS in general was due for a cleanup sooner or later so no surprise there (Good Job Bindu)
    2. The Cesspool i guess should be gone or re think about (before torches come my way Yes i have posted there and such but lets be honest some of us have a creepy sense)
    3 and more importantly using such display picture is not fair

Dark Templar Admirer animelover22's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I try my best to not reference things that are red flags for the site. I will admit from time to time the odd one may slip out and try to curb my giggles

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Dudette09 View Post

I agree with this one, there are some people who made really good memories in some threads, it would be kind of sad to see them get deleted.

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

OS Hollow Man

Upload
    444 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i agree with dudettes idea here.. it would be nice to have a different place to look at old threads.. fun memories lies in those dark corridors of the forums.. ah good times good times.. we need more new bloods to run around this hallways..
    BloodyEnvy
    "let me be you Guardian, I'll guard your soul forever"
    *RULES* *FB* *FAQ*

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bloody Envy For This Useful Post:

Bindu1000 (03-31-2020), kyorokune (05-18-2020)

OS Regular
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

can we have the list of all the anime that is going to be deleted?
    My current anime list is not updated so I want to check if I missed anything that would be gone from here.

Upload
    5182 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by forecast View Post
    can we have the list of all the anime that is going to be deleted?
    My current anime list is not updated so I want to check if I missed anything that would be gone from here.
    ANIME DELETED???? Good grief NOOOOoooooooo!!!! No anime is going to be deleted. Dear lord all the hrs and hrs our poor uploaders put into uploading, thats not going to happen!!!

I was just talking about forum threads :) That's it!

16. The Following User Says Thank You to Bindu1000 For This Useful Post:

forecast (03-31-2020)

ExHorizon
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Not surprised about the idea of cleaning the forums up a bit was gonna happen at some point and I also agree with Dudette09 about keeping old threads in an archive folder for old and new members to be able to view. Maybe not all of them, but there are some with a lot of good memories and moments with the OS community connecting with each other.
    Take me home.

18. The Following User Says Thank You to Avykun For This Useful Post:

Bindu1000 (03-31-2020)

Magic of 7 Days

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I just want some answers and/or opinions regarding what I think considering we're already at the topic of removing irrelevant and outdated stuff.

Blogs Section - So, at the peak of the forum days, the blogs used to be fairly active. People posting their hobbies, perhaps sharing pictures as well as videos. Some might even leave comments and thus start some form of interaction, maybe even make a new friend at the end of the day. However, that's all in the past now. The only posts that come these days are ads and links to sketchy websites brought to us by a horde of spambots. While I'm not really complaining how I have to ban 5-10 bots every now and then, I just think it'll be for the better to remove the entire section rather than keeping it as it is.

Groups - Same thing, really. I'm aware this won't make much of a difference for the site but well, we're already on the topic of cleaning so I might as well bring this up, right? While the group doesn't have spambots like the blogs section, it is but a shadow of its former self now. The whole concept of Groups is obsolete. This is just my opinion on the matter anyway. I would like to know what the others think.

Drama Section - Okay, so here's a suggestion. If we cut the Drama section, wouldn't that free up more space to upload anime? Considering our drama list has long been outdated (or should I say.... Obsolete) and the number of people who actually watches such couldn't be that many to begin with. Feels like that would save a lot more expense rather than doubling down. My point is we're biting more than we could chew by trying to upload BOTH Anime and Drama, with the number of uploaders we currently have and our monthly quota being bad enough for Jim to appear more frequently. Anyhow, that's how I see it. Let me know what you guys think.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Qualtz View Post
    Drama Section - Okay, so here's a suggestion. If we cut the Drama section, wouldn't that free up more space to upload anime? Considering our drama list has long been outdated (or should I say.... Obsolete) and the number of people who actually watches such couldn't be that many to begin with. Feels like that would save a lot more expense rather than doubling down. My point is we're biting more than we could chew by trying to upload BOTH Anime and Drama, with the number of uploaders we currently have and our monthly quota being bad enough for Jim to appear more frequently. Anyhow, that's how I see it. Let me know what you guys think.

I don't agree drama section should dissapear, for example I love dramas but drama section uploads are kinda dead, also there's no real intuitive way to see sipnosis. While your suggestion of erasing groups and blogs I find them Good but we need a new alternative lie maybe a discord or something different to reactivate people to reengage on social i think I have like 10 years on this website. And I considere myself an old timer in anime

My suggestion is also clean anime information, prequels sequels links on some animes don't exist. I would gradly help to get those updated as current pandemic give me a lot of free time

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Thanks for your hard work. I do have a question though. I've been gone for about three years and it looks like you guys stopped updating the new upcoming anime lists for the season that used to posted on here. Is it going to stay gone for good with no more updates or is that something that will be fixed as soon as you guys can get to it?

OS Citizen
    Thanks

Im back (from the dead)
    I know im kinda late with this thread but im still going to push my comment *evil laugh
    Just being honest, I never went to otaku site for the drama side. As the site says, its for otaku peeps.
    With lots of drama app available such as netflix and viu, I guess we dont need to provide same service for this.
    We can be strong site for otaku while saving cost if we drop that one. (well cost efficiency and labor ofcouse)
    Buuuut~ up to the admin to decide.

Quote Originally Posted by Qualtz View Post
    I just want some answers and/or opinions regarding what I think considering we're already at the topic of removing irrelevant and outdated stuff.

Blogs Section - So, at the peak of the forum days, the blogs used to be fairly active. People posting their hobbies, perhaps sharing pictures as well as videos. Some might even leave comments and thus start some form of interaction, maybe even make a new friend at the end of the day. However, that's all in the past now. The only posts that come these days are ads and links to sketchy websites brought to us by a horde of spambots. While I'm not really complaining how I have to ban 5-10 bots every now and then, I just think it'll be for the better to remove the entire section rather than keeping it as it is.

Groups - Same thing, really. I'm aware this won't make much of a difference for the site but well, we're already on the topic of cleaning so I might as well bring this up, right? While the group doesn't have spambots like the blogs section, it is but a shadow of its former self now. The whole concept of Groups is obsolete. This is just my opinion on the matter anyway. I would like to know what the others think.

.:: GAMEMASTER ::.

Upload
    27 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Thank you for this info Bindu