What are your favorite anime from the last few years?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Daydreamer~
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default What are your favorite anime from the last few years?

Hello everyone,

I recently took a long 2 year break from anime.... not because I wanted to, but because I was getting nothing done lol. I kept up with a few mainstream anime, but other than that I stayed away from new series to avoid new obsessions.

Anyway, I know I've missed out on a lot of great titles. In the past few years, what has everyone's favorite titles been? Even if they may not be the most popular in general, I'd love to know what I should go back and watch!
    "Shining brightly, even for a split second, is better than living a dull-grey life for eternity."

OS Regular
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I wish I could help but I also took a break to dive into the novel world.

It started from my curiosity of to aru majutsu no index novel.

The best thing I could do as advice is to look at an anime chart 2018 and search through there.

If you have a genre and type of anime that you like then I could recommend some to you, they might not necessarily be from the last two year though.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to forecast For This Useful Post:

BrokenAngel (03-27-2020)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Definitely No game no life and Overlord! Though its quite sad that there is still no announcements for season 2, I'm quite happy to be up-to-date with the novel. And in terms of recent anime, hands down to TenseiSlime. The first anime to make me read the web novel and the light novel.

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

5. The Following User Says Thank You to PerkZ For This Useful Post:

BrokenAngel (03-27-2020)

Daydreamer~
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by forecast View Post
    I wish I could help but I also took a break to dive into the novel world.

It started from my curiosity of to aru majutsu no index novel.

The best thing I could do as advice is to look at an anime chart 2018 and search through there.

If you have a genre and type of anime that you like then I could recommend some to you, they might not necessarily be from the last two year though.
    The novel world is a fun place to be too!

That's a good idea ^-^ looking through the anime charts can be intimidating sometimes just because there are so many titles, but I will have to glance through and see if anything catches my eyes. Thanks!
    "Shining brightly, even for a split second, is better than living a dull-grey life for eternity."

Daydreamer~
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by PerkZ View Post
    Definitely No game no life and Overlord! Though its quite sad that there is still no announcements for season 2, I'm quite happy to be up-to-date with the novel. And in terms of recent anime, hands down to TenseiSlime. The first anime to make me read the web novel and the light novel.
    I did see No game no life before my break, that's definitely a good one I'm pretty sure I started Overlord and liked it, I'll have to go back and finish it! Thanks for reminding me about that one.

A lot of people have told me to watch TenseiSlime, for some reason I kept getting it confused with Re:Zero and thought I had seen it. I was very mistaken lol

Chicken fill Centipede!

Upload
    56 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I've been entertained my Murenase! Seton Gakuen, charming enough comedy. Past few years, not sure if anything stands out as favourite, Re:Zero is great, rewatching the directors cut and really like the 45min format.
    "Now now my good man, this is not the time to be making enemies"

-Voltaire on his deathbed, in response to a priest asking him to renounce the devil

9. The Following User Says Thank You to bootwhistle For This Useful Post:

BrokenAngel (03-28-2020)

Daydreamer~
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by bootwhistle View Post
    I've been entertained my Murenase! Seton Gakuen, charming enough comedy. Past few years, not sure if anything stands out as favourite, Re:Zero is great, rewatching the directors cut and really like the 45min format.
    I'll need to check that one out! It looks funny, and the art is so pretty!

Wow I didn't know they had a directors cut of Re:Zero :O

Kuroyukihime
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

for the latest one for me it's kimetsu no yaiba no one expect from it but the animation is one of the best so far from year 2019 produced by ufotable the production behind fate zero and fate stay night heavens feel movie it's more on action but a good story and enjoyed reading the manga version, no game no life a cool anime no announcement of season 2 but they also release a movie a prequel one and a good light novel series to read if you want the continuation from the anime

12. The Following User Says Thank You to 88ayanami For This Useful Post:

BrokenAngel (03-28-2020)

Daydreamer~
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 88ayanami View Post
    for the latest one for me it's kimetsu no yaiba no one expect from it but the animation is one of the best so far from year 2019 produced by ufotable the production behind fate zero and fate stay night heavens feel movie it's more on action but a good story and enjoyed reading the manga version, no game no life a cool anime no announcement of season 2 but they also release a movie a prequel one and a good light novel series to read if you want the continuation from the anime
    I was convinced to watch Kimetsu no Yaiba while on my break from anime lol one of the few times I broke away. Definitely a good one, can't wait for the movie!

I really hope we end up with a season 2 for no game no life, it's super popular so I don't see why they wouldn't to do one. What do I know though :P

Support Administrator Eh?

Upload
    5182 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,493 Times in 87 Posts
    Blog Entries

I also took a long break from anime... not because I wanted to but because living demanded it LOL!! So not I am lurking on this thread to see if I could get some recommendations too!

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Bindu1000 For This Useful Post:

BrokenAngel (04-04-2020)

OS Lurker
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Beastars is pretty good :) Made in the abyss & En'en no Shobotai(fire force) aswell, there're probably more but I no longer keep a list of stuff I watch so it's hard to remember. might drop back in here if I can remember a few more gems :D
    (edit : Dr. Stone, Black Clover,the promised neverland,demon slayer,vinland saga)

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Xenciao For This Useful Post:

BrokenAngel (04-04-2020)

Kuroyukihime
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenAngel View Post
    I was convinced to watch Kimetsu no Yaiba while on my break from anime lol one of the few times I broke away. Definitely a good one, can't wait for the movie!

I really hope we end up with a season 2 for no game no life, it's super popular so I don't see why they wouldn't to do one. What do I know though :P

haha what I read some news the movie of kimetsu will get some delay because of the pandemic crisis we have around the world, but no new announcement as of now or how long the delay will happen

yes no game no life something to be follow as soon as possible I think it's more about the production decision at all, the just announce for a new season after the movie launch and a long wait will continue, but if you have some time to read the light novel and I don't remember how many volumes they already had as of now

19. The Following User Says Thank You to 88ayanami For This Useful Post:

BrokenAngel (04-04-2020)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

For this year I like Kimetsu no Yaiba and Yakusoku no Neverland. Waiting for their next seasons and manga chapters too!

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Skipress For This Useful Post:

BrokenAngel (04-04-2020)

OS Lurker
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

haha what I read some news the movie of kimetsu will get some delay because of the pandemic crisis we have around the world, but no new announcement as of now or how long the delay will happen

yes no game no life something to be follow as soon as possible I think it's more about the production decision at all, the just announce for a new season after the movie launch and a long wait will continue, but if you have some time to read the light novel and I don't remember how many volumes they already had as of now
    10 volumes :) the anime (minus movie,haven't seen that so idk) ends at like vol 3, after that it's 7 volumes of new stuff :D
    The writer of ngnl also wrote Clockwork Planet if you want to try something new but by the same creator

23. The Following User Says Thank You to Xenciao For This Useful Post:

BrokenAngel (04-04-2020)

Daydreamer~
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xenciao View Post
    Beastars is pretty good :) Made in the abyss & En'en no Shobotai(fire force) aswell, there're probably more but I no longer keep a list of stuff I watch so it's hard to remember. might drop back in here if I can remember a few more gems :D
    (edit : Dr. Stone, Black Clover,the promised neverland,demon slayer,vinland saga)
    I saw Beastars when I was netflix the other day, it looks interesting lol I'll have to try it out. I'll also have to check in Made in the Abyss, sounds familiar but I don't know what it's about. I actually just started fire force! I like it so far after a couple of episodes. Thanks!

I watched Dr. Stone the other day in almost one sitting, loved it! Thanks for all of your recommendations, I'll definitely have to check some of these others out.

Daydreamer~
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

It's terrible how many things around the world are affected by the pandemic :( Hopefully everything starts to go back to normal sooner rather than later.

I'll check out the light novel for sure, thanks!

Daydreamer~
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Skipress View Post
    For this year I like Kimetsu no Yaiba and Yakusoku no Neverland. Waiting for their next seasons and manga chapters too!
    I LOVE the art for both of those, hopefully the release date for the kimetsu no yaiba movie doesn't get pushed out too far. Yakusoku no Neverland reminds me of a show I enjoyed and watched a few years back called From The New World. From the New World is a little slow but it's a good one!

Daydreamer~
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Xenciao View Post
    10 volumes :) the anime (minus movie,haven't seen that so idk) ends at like vol 3, after that it's 7 volumes of new stuff :D
    The writer of ngnl also wrote Clockwork Planet if you want to try something new but by the same creator
    Haven't heard of Clockwork Planet, is it a light novel as well?

OS Supporter

The land of Milky Holmes and Honey-sempai
    Upload
    38 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I recommend the new anime from the director of Cowboy Bebop, it's a music idol anime called https://otaku-streamers.com/info/7027/Carole_&_Tuesday It got bad reviews because people were expecting so much from the director but I think it should be seen atomically.

29. The Following User Says Thank You to i1abnrk For This Useful Post:

BrokenAngel (04-04-2020)

Daydreamer~
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by i1abnrk View Post
    I recommend the new anime from the director of Cowboy Bebop, it's a music idol anime called https://otaku-streamers.com/info/7027/Carole_&_Tuesday It got bad reviews because people were expecting so much from the director but I think it should be seen atomically.
    I haven't seen a music idol anime in a long time, I'll have to check this one out! Sounds interesting from the description to me. It's not always a good thing to be tied to something really popular :/