Question about Flash
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default Question about Flash

Does anyone know what this site is going to do when Flash ends in December? Is this going to have a big impact on streaming?
    Rise again, rise again - though your heart it be broken
    And life about to end
    No matter what you've lost, be it a home, a love, a friend.
    Like the Mary Ellen Carter, rise again.

Regular Uploader
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Jbluey is currently looking for a player that works better than the current non flash one to use with OSv3 as it is one of the issues that has been pointed out, but otherwise we will be stuck using the current non flash player.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to 5kR1G For This Useful Post:

jbluey (02-18-2020)

もうー人の神だ!.
    Upload
    8260 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 146 Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Deear HDD View Post
    Does anyone know what this site is going to do when Flash ends in December? Is this going to have a big impact on streaming?
    This site has 2 players, 1 flash and 1 html5. i didn't know that flash will end in december. but anyway v3 will be finished before that happens so it wont have any big impact i guess..

the only issue with the html5 player is it doesn't buffer the full video. i am revising the script so it will buffer the full video not just a partial.

5. The Following User Says Thank You to jbluey For This Useful Post:

5kR1G (02-24-2020)

Kuroyukihime
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jbluey View Post
    This site has 2 players, 1 flash and 1 html5. i didn't know that flash will end in december. but anyway v3 will be finished before that happens so it wont have any big impact i guess..

the only issue with the html5 player is it doesn't buffer the full video. i am revising the script so it will buffer the full video not just a partial.
    one suggestion that I can see is the change of quality settings for streaming (eg. 480p,720p) for a fast video loading, like me still using or depending on flash player because it can load or buffer fast unlike the html5 measures the internet speed and loading from time to time and changing the quality from time to time, putting some options for the new site will be a great thing some people who have slow internet connection because internet shared at home, hopefully my suggestion can help for the site improvement, thanks

Regular Uploader
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 88ayanami View Post
    one suggestion that I can see is the change of quality settings for streaming (eg. 480p,720p) for a fast video loading, like me still using or depending on flash player because it can load or buffer fast unlike the html5 measures the internet speed and loading from time to time and changing the quality from time to time, putting some options for the new site will be a great thing some people who have slow internet connection because internet shared at home, hopefully my suggestion can help for the site improvement, thanks
    Unfortunately, because of the way that videos are uploaded to the website they are only available in one format. Until Jbluey gets the script issues figured out so that the html5 player will pre buffer the whole video there is little else to be done about this issue.

もうー人の神だ!.
    Upload
    8260 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,335 Times in 146 Posts

I have applied the full buffer script in osv3. if you guys can test, it would be great. even thou you pause the player it will still buffer.

I no sure what bug/issue it can cause but im currently observing the player. if the browser will crash or something.

if you guys found some issues about the player please let me know

Thanks