もうー人の神だ!.
    Upload
    8276 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 2,344 Times in 150 Posts

Post Need members to test out OSv3

Need members to test out OSV3

After Working osv3 of sleepless nights and abandoning my priorities in life! lol... I would like someone to test it out.

Link:
    https://beta.otaku-streamers.com/if you ever encounter login issues please clear your cookies or try incognito.

I have to create it from scratch since OS Vbulletin version is very obsolete now and its much difficult to update it than creating one from scratch lol.

Here are the working functions in OSv3
    - Streaming
    - Discussion (New One. no longer depends on vbulletin)
    - Playlist
    - Shoutbox (Not connected with the current database)
    - Private Message

If you guys have time to test it out and watch your favorite anime there it would be awesome.

Any issues/errors/bugs found please report it to me so i can fix them.

Any help is very much appriated.

Thank you

- Jbluey

ALL HAIL OS!

Note: This is an early test so errors/bugs are very easy to find lol. but please send me a screenshot and link where you find them.

2. The Following 29 Users Say Thank You to jbluey For This Useful Post:

Aisuu (03-07-2020), aropruett (03-31-2020), budex (02-16-2020), Cabale (02-15-2020), CastorShell6 (06-20-2020), ecliptz (02-15-2020), forecast (02-11-2020), gilbertalva (02-10-2020), Kris Luna (02-10-2020), KriShe (02-10-2020), Lady Ardent (03-22-2020), Neko Bell (02-17-2020), Online (02-10-2020), otakuguy6851 (02-14-2020), Pandoraheart (02-17-2020), Penny161 (06-13-2020), pikel (02-11-2020), PotatoStyle (03-07-2020), ranmachua (02-14-2020), Revirie (02-10-2020), RoyalBaka (02-12-2020), SashaFierce (02-10-2020), scarlet113 (03-23-2020), Tiotsh (06-19-2020), U-mae (02-27-2020), wiredtermite (02-28-2020), wright405 (02-22-2020), Xenciao (02-10-2020), ZetsuRavez (02-10-2020)

Filipino Gamer
    Laguna, Philippines, South East Asia, Asia, Eastern Hemisphere, Earth, Inner planets, Solar System,
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I found some errors already.
    Trying to check the genre Isekai and this is what I get.

chrome_Puwv2urh8y.jpg

4. The Following User Says Thank You to gilbertalva For This Useful Post:

jbluey (02-10-2020)

もうー人の神だ!.
    Upload
    8276 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by gilbertalva View Post
    I found some errors already.
    Trying to check the genre Isekai and this is what I get.

I found fixed the issue. Thanks a lot.

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

My favorite Titles and Watch-logs are incomplete, even if I click "See all". It goes back to the Main page. :)

7. The Following User Says Thank You to hypercelis01 For This Useful Post:

jbluey (02-10-2020)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

No shown reviews. No rating for each Title. :)

9. The Following User Says Thank You to hypercelis01 For This Useful Post:

jbluey (02-10-2020)

もうー人の神だ!.
    Upload
    8276 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by hypercelis01 View Post
    No shown reviews. No rating for each Title. :)
    Hi hypercelis01,

Thanks for checking it out..

For reviews. OS don't have datas for that.

for rating.. do you mean your rating? or overall rating?

you can find the rating inside the title page

Open sesame :P

Upload
    26 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

One thing I noticed is that I can't wait on the buffer to finish unlike the old OSv2
    Another thing I noticed is that the titles aren't organized by alphabetical order

image for reference

Other than that I like the design of OSv3 :3
    Attached Images
    Spoiler for I dare you to click me!

12. The Following User Says Thank You to darkman21 For This Useful Post:

jbluey (02-10-2020)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I know I've been absent for a little while, but I saw the call for betatesters on FB and had to come check out what you guys have been up to.
    I've also had the issue for when I hit see all for my favorite shows that it took me back to the home page instead. The same with Watchlogs and Watchlist.
    I like that there's a review tab on the main page for the videos now. That makes it easier to see. Are you planning on converting the ones that have already been written over to the new version?
    Other than that so far, I don't see any other issues. The template looks amazing and aesthetically pleasing and navigation feels intuitive.
    The only other thing I noticed that none of the posts I had made in the past seem to be there and it's probably because that's a lot of stuff to move over and maybe you just haven't gotten to it yet. For me, it wouldn't really matter for most of it, but I feel like the reviews might be something you would want to consider converting over? Maybe? Idk
    I have only been able to play around with everything for a short time. I will continue playing around when I am able and let you know if I find anything else.
    "Forget the lingering darkness in your scars
    and pour so much light into everything you touch,
    the universe will have to create brighter stars
    once you're gone."
    -D. Antoinette Foy

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Koryuu For This Useful Post:

jbluey (02-10-2020)

もうー人の神だ!.
    Upload
    8276 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by darkman21 View Post
    One thing I noticed is that I can't wait on the buffer to finish unlike the old OSv2
    Another thing I noticed is that the titles aren't organized by alphabetical order

image for reference

Other than that I like the design of OSv3 :3
    Thanks for testing osv3..

I actually agree on the alphabetical.. i have updated the sorting of the genre page it should be in alphabetical order.

About

"One thing I noticed is that I can't wait on the buffer to finish unlike the old OSv2"

What do you mean?

Thank you

Observer of the worlds
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

didn't see sb there :D maybe sb could be sameway as private chat, dropdown so its there if ye want or hidden if tis distracting.

17. The Following User Says Thank You to kibeth1 For This Useful Post:

jbluey (02-10-2020)

もうー人の神だ!.
    Upload
    8276 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Koryuu View Post
    I know I've been absent for a little while, but I saw the call for betatesters on FB and had to come check out what you guys have been up to.
    I've also had the issue for when I hit see all for my favorite shows that it took me back to the home page instead. The same with Watchlogs and Watchlist.
    I like that there's a review tab on the main page for the videos now. That makes it easier to see. Are you planning on converting the ones that have already been written over to the new version?
    Other than that so far, I don't see any other issues. The template looks amazing and aesthetically pleasing and navigation feels intuitive.
    The only other thing I noticed that none of the posts I had made in the past seem to be there and it's probably because that's a lot of stuff to move over and maybe you just haven't gotten to it yet. For me, it wouldn't really matter for most of it, but I feel like the reviews might be something you would want to consider converting over? Maybe? Idk
    I have only been able to play around with everything for a short time. I will continue playing around when I am able and let you know if I find anything else.
    "I've also had the issue for when I hit see all for my favorite shows that it took me back to the home page instead. The same with Watchlogs and Watchlist."

- yes, it removed them atm since i have to revise something.

"I like that there's a review tab on the main page for the videos now. That makes it easier to see. Are you planning on converting the ones that have already been written over to the new version?"

- Unfortunately. OS don't have data for reviews. we only have ratings.. so for reviews we have to encourage our members to do some reviews for each title.

"The only other thing I noticed that none of the posts I had made in the past seem to be there and it's probably because that's a lot of stuff to move over and maybe you just haven't gotten to it yet."

- I'm only planning to migrate important and active posts only to the new version.

- Thank you very much for testing ;)

Jbluey

もうー人の神だ!.
    Upload
    8276 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kibeth1 View Post
    didn't see sb there :D maybe sb could be sameway as private chat, dropdown so its there if ye want or hidden if tis distracting.
    SB is actually on the lower right.. i think its not very visible lol.

OS Regular
    Upload
    52 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

1 the error reporting button has been shelved into a really unobvious location. should make it more obvious than the ... that it is hiding at now?
    instead... i believe the comment box is extremely underused which i think not having it isnt going to kill.
    2 the donations rectangle at the main page is now too unobvious at the bottom right. need to shift it back to the top left.

3 is there really only 24 new animes running this season? or are we really lacking in uploaders?

id say for new season, there should be a section for new shows, returning oldies, still airing and movies
    maybe add in a static timer for these shows
    when the show has aired, but the episode isnt up, put a button for people to volunteer to be an uploader.
    with this case u can add in all those titles we have in the garage that hasn't been settled.

3b i predict at season change end march to early april, you are going to have to spend some time to update the current season and next season shows. with some shows that haven't ended, some started early, while the date has already went to april 1.
    so any series that start before april 1, stack them at the bottom of the new shows category of winter season.
    at april 1 just put the spring 2020 as new shows of new season and the yet to have ended winter series under ongoing anime for new season?
    should be easy to handle if u only need to swap it on april 1 and probably cut those late enders on may 1?

4 videos with errors, error reporting should make it public or more like the comments box. whenever someone reports some error, it should end up like a comment. in this case, it would be more obvious when something is broken and needs fixing i guess?

5 the server location is missing also, which i personally didnt need to use it during my use here, so if its actually missing...

6 related series is gone. for example clicking on railgun T doesnt tell me its related to older railgun and maybe index anymore

7 similar titles for railgun suggested bleach, chuka ichiban, hackadoll, a bunch of other i dont understand how it was related stuffs LOL! rip algorithm

thats all i spotted based on what i usually use and can suggest for fixes

21. The Following User Says Thank You to fleak2 For This Useful Post:

jbluey (02-10-2020)

Thanks

It's working great for me. I like the sleek new look. Also liking that the letters are on the side to zoom to the letter you want for searching the anime index. It would be nice to have an arrow over button on the recommended for you area on the main screen.

23. The Following User Says Thank You to ikritiriax For This Useful Post:

jbluey (02-10-2020)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

The video buffer is acting like youtubes video buffer. where it only loads a certain amount infront of where you currently are, compared to the one on the normal site where the entire episode will load in.

To be a bit more aesthetically pleasing, it wouldn't be bad to move the episode list to the left side of the video player so that the player would be centered rather then being set off to the left side.

and for a low priority, the website tab itself in the browser doesn't have the Os logo, it's just a purple triangle.
    Last edited by flarenight; 02-10-2020 at 02:52 PM.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to flarenight For This Useful Post:

jbluey (02-10-2020)

もうー人の神だ!.
    Upload
    8276 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fleak2 View Post
    1 the error reporting button has been shelved into a really unobvious location. should make it more obvious than the ... that it is hiding at now?
    instead... i believe the comment box is extremely underused which i think not having it isnt going to kill.
    2 the donations rectangle at the main page is now too unobvious at the bottom right. need to shift it back to the top left.

3 is there really only 24 new animes running this season? or are we really lacking in uploaders?

id say for new season, there should be a section for new shows, returning oldies, still airing and movies
    maybe add in a static timer for these shows
    when the show has aired, but the episode isnt up, put a button for people to volunteer to be an uploader.
    with this case u can add in all those titles we have in the garage that hasn't been settled.

3b i predict at season change end march to early april, you are going to have to spend some time to update the current season and next season shows. with some shows that haven't ended, some started early, while the date has already went to april 1.
    so any series that start before april 1, stack them at the bottom of the new shows category of winter season.
    at april 1 just put the spring 2020 as new shows of new season and the yet to have ended winter series under ongoing anime for new season?
    should be easy to handle if u only need to swap it on april 1 and probably cut those late enders on may 1?

4 videos with errors, error reporting should make it public or more like the comments box. whenever someone reports some error, it should end up like a comment. in this case, it would be more obvious when something is broken and needs fixing i guess?

5 the server location is missing also, which i personally didnt need to use it during my use here, so if its actually missing...

6 related series is gone. for example clicking on railgun T doesnt tell me its related to older railgun and maybe index anymore

7 similar titles for railgun suggested bleach, chuka ichiban, hackadoll, a bunch of other i dont understand how it was related stuffs LOL! rip algorithm

thats all i spotted based on what i usually use and can suggest for fixes
    1. Updated.. it actually make sense.. Thanks
    2. I still have no idea how to make it more visible. maybe ill create a new donation bar at the header or something.
    3. It only shows the titles that is currently upload in os..

3b. Yep ill add this to my todo list.

4. I'll just leave the comment box there lol.. the staffs have a section where we could see all the video reports. i don't think regular members need to see those.

5. I removed the server select/location completely. since we no longer have budget to have those. lol..

6. Added.

7. I have updated it.. lol i think its better now hahah.

Thank you so much for the feedback and suggestions.

Jbluey

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Hello there,
    Some anime playlist seems to be in reverse. It's 12 11 10 9 .... instead of 1 2 3 4 ... [Akane-Iro ni Somaru Saka] for example

Hope it will help :)

Shinsou.

Correction: when you play the list, all episode comes in right order (1 2 3 4...) so i think it's ok
    Last edited by Shinsou; 02-10-2020 at 06:50 PM.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Shinsou For This Useful Post:

jbluey (02-10-2020)

Thanks

Can't seem to login In. But I like the look of it!

30. The Following User Says Thank You to lucansnipa23 For This Useful Post:

jbluey (02-10-2020)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

i checked it out and so far i'm liking the new look. I tried streaming some of my fave animes and they worked. I like the homepage. Maybe I'm the type of person who likes to see things with pictures, so I like what i'm seeing. :)
    I'm tired of living in this lonely reality....please take me to the fantasy world where I will be happy!

32. The Following User Says Thank You to KriShe For This Useful Post:

jbluey (02-10-2020)

もうー人の神だ!.
    Upload
    8276 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lucansnipa23 View Post
    Can't seem to login In. But I like the look of it!
    Have you tried clearing your cookies? or using incognito? if so what error are you getting?

Thank you