Doki Doki Literature Club!
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Doki Doki Literature Club!

I searched Doki Doki Literature Club, and nothing came up, so I thought I'd start a thread about it.

Anyways.....

Who else loves DDLC?
    I know it's old news now, but I just got into it and the community for it seems fairly active still.

Plus, I'd like to talk speculation on Project Libitina.

This game is so great, and I love the meta of it! I'm super excited at the prospect of Project Libitina as well. After a game like DDLC, I can only imagine what's in store for that game.
    ~I would have loved anyone so long as I became dependent on him.~

Anime Revolutionist
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Have I played this game? Yes.

Did I like it? Meh - not so sure; it seemed to make very little sense in terms of the storyline.

I guess, more than anything, it re-iterates the lesson of "If you fail to make a move towards the person you like, and someone else gets to them before you do and starts something lasting, the only person to really blame for that sequence of events is you."

In a similar tangent, it also conveys the point of learning to let go if the person you like slips out of reach. Relationships are a two-way street in terms of mutual happiness, and believe it or not, failed relationships or one-sided relationships can be rather beautiful things in terms of personal growth when you're mature enough to treat them the same way after you've both moved on to other things.

But, that's just my $0.02. Again, I didn't really enjoy the game - just trying to brush on the few positive things I took away from it as a person.

Thanks

J u s t. . . M o n i k a!

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

Magic of 7 Days

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I love the fandom it created since it's thanks to the game for inspiring people to make great videos such as these two.

As for the game itself... It was a breath of fresh air and managed to make a huge impact to some of us (most if people kept their mouth shut and didn't post spoilers)

To me, it's been entertaining. If I wasn't preoccupied with other matters, I would have spent more time exploring the game even more back then. I wasn't aware of Project Libitina until I've read your post so I don't really have anything to say regarding that but I do hope it will not only meet but surpass the ddlc fandom's expectations.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

@LastVanguard did you play the game to completion. A lot of people stop after
    Spoiler :  

@Qualtz yeah this game is just really well made in my opinion. I love games like this that
    Spoiler :  
    and things like that. It reminds me of Undertale, to a point. And I love the fanmade stuff too, from the art and videos to the mods. It's all just really cool to me and I'm so happy to be a part of this fandom.

Observer of the worlds
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Sure i liked it. i have the "An exception has occured" screen as my live wallpaper (sound and all)

Also here a spoiler story for doing spoilery stuff

Spoiler :  

Thanks

I like DDLC mostly cause I was slightly suspicious but I didn't know what I was getting myself into. I guessed that Monica was going to and cause some drama so I treated her as the "villain" of the story, when I read the text out loud while playing I jokingly gave Monica a evil laugh.

...But oh boy that laugh would have been way more fitting for Yuri! Honestly this game needs to be applauded for how they made me go from to in that second half, just how uncomfortable the second half made me feel was amazing. I understand this game was just a "what if, like, we had a romance novel turn into a creepy pasta at the 3 hour mark?" kind of game, but it was so well done that in hindsight I'm not surprised the fandom grew so much. All I wish is for project Libitania to surprise me, so I hope they don't just repeat this twist again. Also!

J u s t. . . M o n i k a!

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I knew something was going to happen, but not what or when. So it still surprised me a lot! I feel like they did an incredible job for what this game was.
    I'm SUPER excited to see what Project Libitina has in store!