1074 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,236 Times in 244 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default PayPal Update | Donation Poll

Time to count...

Hello everyone! :)

Jim and I discussed our possible options should Paypal decide to limit our newly set-up account and one of which would be through bitcoin or cryptocurrency. Ultimately, Filipino members can easily transfer funds from Peso to BTC through the use of Coins app.

However, we are not certain as to the volume of our members who are using bitcoins and/or would like to try using this currency to assist our funding from the rest of the world.

As such, I created a poll to see how many of us would be able to donate through this medium. Kindly expect an email from us to ensure that we cover all members and that no one will be left behind.

Also, the newly set-up account is working fine and we already have two theories why our old account has been placed on permanent limitation. As these were just theories, we feel it would be best to keep them hushed up for a while but rest assured that Jim is trying to communicate with PayPal for the exact reason.

Again, we hope for your continuous support and patience as we face another challenge for the site we dearly love.

ALL HAIL OS!!
    Last edited by Dudette09; 08-29-2018 at 02:05 AM.

"A nightmare dressed like a daydream."

2. The Following 21 Users Say Thank You to Dudette09 For This Useful Post:

1stKaiser (08-29-2018), 5kR1G (09-26-2018), ASheAGirl (10-21-2018), BumpyKnux (10-23-2018), darkwillow (09-02-2018), forecast (08-31-2018), GForce (09-05-2018), Gunshi (09-12-2018), Jorta (08-29-2018), Kris Luna (09-16-2018), marwello (09-12-2018), MechaNik (08-30-2018), Meiru (09-12-2018), otakuguy6851 (08-29-2018), Revirie (09-11-2018), SachiFaker (10-20-2018), Tiotsh (08-29-2018), U-mae (10-17-2018), witchLeen (08-30-2018), Xenciao (08-29-2018), ZetsuRavez (08-29-2018)

Sleepy Web Developer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Should OS decide to implement cryptocurrency, it should be considered an option, but not the only option available to the donor. You should consider this problem OS is facing as a lesson never to keep all your eggs in one basket from now on. As for PayPal or any another 3rd party payment processor, if you intend to retain those accounts despite those theories we discussed, I have a few solutions OS can integrate that will make it much harder to reverse-trace - (though still not impossible).

Let me know if you need more intel & I will share this information with you privately.

Good luck, J & D. Keep your heads up.

4. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to 1stKaiser For This Useful Post:

ASheAGirl (10-21-2018), jeiru01 (10-16-2018), witchLeen (08-30-2018), Xenciao (08-29-2018), xuei0000 (09-08-2018)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Bitcoin... how many people would actually use that though?
    Nothing Else Quite Comes Close.

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I'm too old school I think for cryptocurrency stuff. Given the awareness of how "off the books" those transactions can be for people so inclined, is there a chance that its use here could attract more scrutiny? PayPal might not be great, but it gives more transparency and legitimacy when agencies are trolling around to find illicit dealings. Just sayin'

7. The Following User Says Thank You to marwello For This Useful Post:

Hikari0 (10-07-2018)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I second what the person above me said, when OS asks for donations, the entire site donates twice, sometimes even thrice as much?
    Nothing Else Quite Comes Close.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Ciphersky64 For This Useful Post:

marwello (09-12-2018)

OS Legendary Donator
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I have bitcoin. Maybe it shouldn't be the main way to donate, but I think is should be offered as a supplementary way. If you can manage to hold onto a little bit of it as it goes up in value, OS could gain more $ than was initially given. :) I wouldn't worry about "attracting scrutiny", or anything like that. Plenty of people using it now to buy everything from pizza to cars and even homes. To me, PayPal is worse as it acts like a shady pseudo-bank. Bitcoin is purely from one person to another with no middleman to meddle. Although you do need to select an exchange to convert it into fiat $, lots of people less intelligent than I have managed to get it done.
    "Computer science is no more about computers than astronomy is about telescopes."
    -Edsger Dijkstra

11. The Following User Says Thank You to Skipachu For This Useful Post:

toadsage (09-23-2018)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Default About using Paypal >.<

Guys,

I would love to donate to OS but there's no way I will use PayPal. As a matter of fact, many from North America-both Canada and U.S.-hate it.

There is a long list of complaints about the personal information required just to register a Paypal account, and how Paypal withholding funds with no reason-even eBay had it with them after 15 years!

Have you guys considered other methods to receive fund? Such as World Remit? https://www.worldremit.com/en/Philippines

Just a suggestion here. Hope you guys will have this issue resolved and find a new reliable way for LD members like me to donate!

Foxyp

Thanks

If possible, i dont wanna use BTC. maybe i can't donate right now but i planned to do it when i got a stable job.

OS Supporter

The land of Milky Holmes and Honey-sempai
    Upload
    38 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

OS could start its own cryptocurrecy, there already a few thousand of them out there. ^^