Heya. I decided to watch anime again.
    Thanks

Default Heya. I decided to watch anime again.

Hello. I'm Singy.

I'm a 18 year old college freshmen who in his summer break boredom thought of getting back into anime after a year of hiatus, but I find myself lost and kinda "uninterested", for the lack of a better word.

Before I started watching anime I mostly played games and when I was 15 years old I played a few JRPGs which I adored (Mostly in the SMT series). Noticing that my older sister got me to watch one punch man and I loved it: The art style, the premise, the supporting cast; Everything! I just decided I wanted to know more about this culture and it's artworks, so after that I started looking out for anime shows which were being referenced in the community. While I watched some on in own time most of the shows I watched were with my sister. I recall it was rather fun having someone you could talk to about the stuff that you just saw. Despite the first show I watched, I'm kinda more a true crime/mystery fan then a action packed seinen manga.

Well, I dropped most of the shows I was watching during my last semester in highschool as my sister was busy studying in her university next town over and I decided to just focused on passing the year without trouble as well. Back then I used some other sites to stream but one of my internet friends told of OS and I, sick of ads I accidentally click, decided "why not" and visited this site.

In my city there aren't really many anime fans. I met a few, but here in Bosnia and Herzegovina it's considered rather childish to watch cartoons. I recall when I was a kid I would wake up at 7 AM cause that was the only time "cartoons" would air, I guess they wanted to raise kids to be early rises that way?

Well anyway it doesn't bother me much that stuff I enjoy is seen as "childish" (even when it's not). I'm going to college so I could become a IT teacher, so I could possibly become one of those "cool" teachers who's "in" with the current generations?

...probably not.

Well. In general that's that. The short of this post is "I want to talk about anime", so I'd take recommendations any time. Just don't be surprised if that's what I talk about for like the entire week...

Edit: I just finished serial experiment lain yesterday. So that's the anime of the week right now for me.
    Last edited by Singy; 08-28-2018 at 02:56 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Singy For This Useful Post:

xuei0000 (09-15-2018)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hello!

I'm NightStalker, it's nice to meet ya!
    It's so cool that you got into anime with your sister! My foster sister is the one who got me into anime by showing me one called InuYasha (it still holds a special place in my heart lol), which if you haven't seen/heard of, its basically about this girl, Kagome, who accidentally finds a way to travel back to the fuedal era of Japan and meets a half-demon named InuYasha, who she ends up traveling with to find shards of a powerful sacred jewel. It's pretty cool.

Anyways, feel free to message me anytime! I'd be happy to talk and maybe reccomend some anime, though a lot of what I watch isn't really mystery, though I tend to hop from genre to genre depending on what I feel like watching.

I'd love to be friends!

Welcome to OS!
    ~I would have loved anyone so long as I became dependent on him.~

Kawaii Alluka's Onii-chan

Kukuroo Mountain, Dentora, Republic of Padokia
    Upload
    578 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Hey Singy!

Surprisingly, we have a lot in common!

I as well got to the phase where I became uninterested in anime. And I believe it was also around 2 years or more? I just recently got back into watching some. Even after so many years of watching anime, I think time will come where you become uninterested in it (in my case) or maybe life just gets you so hard that you don't even bother watching one. It sad, but it happens.

Maybe we just need a break and do other stuff? *shrugs*

And I love
    mystery as well! Especially with horror, thriller, and psychological. But most of the ones I like are in Manga and LN.

Though I have read your profile and it says sci-fi. I haven't watched much anime with
    mysteri/sci-fi genre so I have recommendations. Sorry~

But hey! I am an IT as well~ HAHAHA!

Anyways, see you around!

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

ty
    ty

a
    n
    me
    h

b