Upload
    1074 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Default Donations | Uploading | New OS Version | Suggestions

We gonna parteyy, yeah yeah yeah!! XD

Alright!! I sincerely apologize for the delay of this thread and my uploads as well. Ehe. The outside world (lol) required most of my attention and energy. Orz

Now, let's get to it. I have a couple of announcements to make.

Jim and I had discussed the donations we have been receiving for the past couple of months. Sadly, we really need to meet this month's donation and the next as Jim cannot pull funds out of his personal pocket. Hence, we would like to knock at your kind hearts if you can donate your spare change, few bucks and help us out. Any donation will make a difference and we are sticking with why we started in the first place, HAVE A STREAMING SITE WITH NO ADS FOR OUR COMMUNITY.

I had to stop uploading for a while as I intend to focus on the new version along with my tasks outside of OS. I would like to sincerely thank those who are willing to step in and upload for our site. Please expect a PM from me as I will provide a walk through on how to upload, which titles we need to uploaders for and how to reserve titles on your own.

For the new version, I would also like to thank those who are willing to test the new version Jim and I will come up with. Kindly expect a PM from me once we are all set and ready for testing.

It’s quite a challenge as we have plenty of ideas and changes we would like to implement. However, we need more participation from the community whom we intend to share the new version with. Also, I know we have been asking this question for more than my fingers could count, but I would like to ask what you would want to see in the new version. It wouldn’t hurt to refresh our memory.

However, please understand that we may or may not implement the suggestions. But please know this, we still intend to do our best in providing a great site for what’s left with our community. A site they could always go back to. A site they could always run to whenever life’s too challenging. A site where they can mingle with a fellow Otaku.

Please let us know your thoughts by responding to this thread. Thank you very much guys!!

And as always, ALL HAIL OS!!

2. The Following 24 Users Say Thank You to Dudette09 For This Useful Post:

Amaterasu09 (07-12-2018), AOIsama (07-20-2018), ASheAGirl (08-12-2018), CatTrain (07-06-2018), CythilVen (07-26-2018), dangervolts (07-16-2018), darkwillow (08-06-2018), Fallon (07-22-2018), FAT4LS (07-07-2018), forecast (07-27-2018), Jorta (07-09-2018), kaifox (07-09-2018),
    kaylee1234
     (07-07-2018), Kris Luna (07-14-2018), KriShe (08-03-2018), marwello (07-06-2018), otakuguy6851 (07-09-2018), ranmachua (07-07-2018), reneil26 (07-16-2018), Revirie (07-13-2018), sixsix (07-07-2018), Tiotsh (07-06-2018), U-mae (07-31-2018), witchLeen (07-06-2018)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I'm not sure whether I'm well qualified for it, but I'm willing to help testing the new OS version and give personal feedback on it if that can help at all. I like OS as it has been since I first joined, and I'd be happy to contribute however I can : )

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Tiotsh For This Useful Post:

Dudette09 (07-16-2018)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

OS is getting a new version? Can I help test it? :)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Iwannawatch For This Useful Post:

Dudette09 (07-16-2018)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

"what you would want to see in the new version..."

to me, i would like to see the homepage to have news about anime/manga/game stuff like how it was before...

im interested to become gunie- i mean tester to the new OS version... how do we become one?...

8. The Following User Says Thank You to ZetsuRavez For This Useful Post:

Dudette09 (07-16-2018)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Huknown reporting for dyuty..so where do i find this new version. I have a scale of 1 to ten and my rather dull opinions...and im not afraid to use/share them...

10. The Following User Says Thank You to huknown For This Useful Post:

Dudette09 (07-16-2018)

Thanks

I would suggest to at least fix the view count since there are a lot of vids where the view count is either broken or not yet updated.

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

12. The Following User Says Thank You to PerkZ For This Useful Post:

Dudette09 (07-16-2018)

=>LURKER OF THE DARK OS<=
    Upload
    195 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

hmm cant wait to see the new version ! :) ! ~ALL HAIL OS~

Old Man on the Mountain Burnout's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I would like to volunteer to beta test and the only improvement that I can think of is a way to automatically go to the next episode...the reason why is I usually have this playing on one computer hooked up to my TV while I'm on my laptop doing research or writing based on the research and it is a buzzkill to have to stop at the end of every episode and click the next episode button...and I'm not sure if this is entailed to things going on on that end but I'm now having to pause so that the episode can buffer...I clock in at 75+ Mbps when I test.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to Burnout For This Useful Post:

Dudette09 (07-16-2018)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I hope the new version will still retain some familiarity because it'll be troublesome just to learn everything again

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

can you link the donation link, clicking the donation one does nothing

18. The Following User Says Thank You to hnnryy For This Useful Post:

Dudette09 (07-16-2018)

Thanks

"all hail os" >_<

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

So when is the new version?

21. The Following User Says Thank You to Revirie For This Useful Post:

LastVanguard (07-13-2018)

OS Supporter
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

Donation sent. Hope it helps

23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Miltontron For This Useful Post:

Deathwind (07-14-2018), Dudette09 (07-16-2018)

Below Average

Upload
    1074 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Thanked 1,200 Times in 242 Posts
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tiotsh View Post
    I'm not sure whether I'm well qualified for it, but I'm willing to help testing the new OS version and give personal feedback on it if that can help at all. I like OS as it has been since I first joined, and I'd be happy to contribute however I can : )
    Quote Originally Posted by Iwannawatch View Post
    OS is getting a new version? Can I help test it? :)
    Quote Originally Posted by ZetsuRavez View Post

to me, i would like to see the homepage to have news about anime/manga/game stuff like how it was before...

im interested to become gunie- i mean tester to the new OS version... how do we become one?...
    Quote Originally Posted by huknown View Post
    Huknown reporting for dyuty..so where do i find this new version. I have a scale of 1 to ten and my rather dull opinions...and im not afraid to use/share them...
    Quote Originally Posted by PerkZ View Post

I would suggest to at least fix the view count since there are a lot of vids where the view count is either broken or not yet updated.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSieghart View Post
    hmm cant wait to see the new version ! :) ! ~ALL HAIL OS~
    Quote Originally Posted by Burnout View Post
    I would like to volunteer to beta test and the only improvement that I can think of is a way to automatically go to the next episode...the reason why is I usually have this playing on one computer hooked up to my TV while I'm on my laptop doing research or writing based on the research and it is a buzzkill to have to stop at the end of every episode and click the next episode button...and I'm not sure if this is entailed to things going on on that end but I'm now having to pause so that the episode can buffer...I clock in at 75+ Mbps when I test.
    Quote Originally Posted by ranmachua View Post
    I hope the new version will still retain some familiarity because it'll be troublesome just to learn everything again
    I will send a PM when we are ready for testing. :) And yes, we intend to retain most functions and will change quite a few. ^^

Quote Originally Posted by hnnryy View Post
    can you link the donation link, clicking the donation one does nothing
    Hi, I see your donation. Do you encounter any issue? Please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Revirie View Post
    So when is the new version?
    When we are done doing it. I wish I could say sooner but given the fact that Jim and I have our lives, jobs and other tasks outside of OS, I will not provide any exact date. If this is still not clear for you, send me a PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Miltontron View Post
    Donation sent. Hope it helps
    Hi Miltontron, I would like to thank you for your donation. It will definitely help us a lot this month. :)

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Dudette09 For This Useful Post:

Tiotsh (07-16-2018)

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I'm sadly not as active as I used to be now that I have a full time job that demands my attention, but I'm always around in spirit. One suggestion I have, which is a bit counter-intuitive is keeping the design a bit "old-school internet" feeling. Granted not like, 80s old-school, but OS has always looked a little bit dated and hasn't become super streamlined, bubbly, and ugly like many other sites. It feels familiar and comfortable like old BBS sites, and even though it's not the prettiest site, it feels close enough to the style of sites I grew up with that I still absolutely love it. Some menus could be streamlined, colors cleaned up a bit to make things a little easier to read, but overall, OS has a great aesthetic for what it is.

I just moved into a new house last week, so money is tight, but I've been around long enough and gotten enough enjoyment out of this site that I'm well overdue for finally donating. I'll see what I can do, and once things settle down, I'll see what I can do a 2nd or maybe even a 3rd time.

ALL HAIL OS!

OS Supporter

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I don't know the first thing about uploading videos, but I would be willing to help out if I can get a lot of assistance. I should be able to make a donation this month. It's the least I can do.

In the new version of OS, could we have the titles organized according to their genre? For example, if somebody wants a comedy title they could click on "Comedy" and get directed to the comedy titles. Or something like that. People are always asking for ideas of what to watch, and maybe that would help out. And maybe add some games for members to play. I was a member of another anime site a while back that incorporated that idea. It might help to keep people on the site longer, and give them a reason to log in more often.

All Hail OS!
    Last edited by GForce; 07-16-2018 at 10:08 PM.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I'd be glad to help beta test I don't really have any "Tech" knowledge but I'd be glad to watch stuff and test areas.

Would getting a MAL integration be possible? Like when we watch an series we can update our MAL or have a version on this website? (I don't even know if we have one)

5$ is 5$ I helped :)
    Last edited by Tylerthe; 07-18-2018 at 12:17 AM.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Since OS has been the most convenient anime streaming site for me, I'll try to donate as regularly as possible.
    Regarding the new version of the website, add me up on your list of beta testers. I'd be very much willing to do so.
    I also want to be an uploader, I'll try to look for titles available and message you.

As for the things that I want to see on the new version, here are my suggestions:

1. Playlist creation would be very much helpful. I had always wanted OS to have that feature so I can go back to my fave episodes easily. Even 1 playlist allowed per user is okay in the beginning but much better if you could make it up to 5, 10 or more later on. The creator/user can also set his/her individual playlist as private or public.
    2. Maybe you can also add a leaderboard section where we can see who are the users who have the most streamed videos, most posted comments, most contests joined/won, most badges earned, most followers, most days online per month/year/all time, etc., and maybe rank us by country or globally.
    3. You can also add a portion on our user profiles where we can tag what genre we are interested in so we can also search for users who have the same interests as ours. It will be easier to know who are the best ones to add as contact, befriend and discuss our fave animes with.
    4. For each anime page, you can add stats like the no. of users currently watching, no. of times favorited, etc.

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I can't wait to try the new OS version! I hope the shoutbox can be more fluid :(

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Dudette-sama, I am more than willing to help test the new version for OS if you still need help with that. I wish I could be of help with uploading as well, but as I am not certain how to get clean files of anime uploaded onto my computer to then be able to upload to the site, I'm afraid I won't be much help, unless someone has some helpful suggestions that would require too much of my meager funds. PM me to let me know. Thanks
    "Forget the lingering darkness in your scars
    and pour so much light into everything you touch,
    the universe will have to create brighter stars
    once you're gone."
    -D. Antoinette Foy