Anime you wish had another season, but doesn't yet (or never will).
    Sleepy Web Developer
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Default Anime you wish had another season, but doesn't yet (or never will).

I'm sure all of you have had this dilemma at some point. You watch something that is amazing. You then find yourself searching for info on newer season of it - only to end up waiting what could be years for it (and you just never know - you could get your wish. It does happen). Or... you end up a heartbroken soul when you confirm a new season is never going to happen.

Without spoiling anything please, what anime have you come across that did that to you?

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

I want another season of No Game No Life. I know there's a movie, but I want a continuation of the show following Sora and Shiro.
    ~I would have loved anyone so long as I became dependent on him.~

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

There are plenty of anime which never got a second season for various reasons. Sometimes I'd like an OVA more than a second season, because the plot was fine, and you don't want a great show to be gameofthronised due to its popularity only. Better to leave things as they were rather than doing a poor commercial sequel. It often happens with the show I regularly rewatch (Toradora, Beck, Hyouka...) but oftentimes I end up reading the manga, which is a good alternative.
    I know you liked Relife for instance, they did a great job adapting the manga into an anime (very good OST, adding backgrounds which were almost non-existent, etc...), and I hope the OAV they were planning to make won't discredit this series.

Something I'd like to see more often are the remastered anime, like what they've done with Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood. As the original anime was ahead of the manga, they ended up making up the ending, which Hiromu Arakawa-sensei changed in the end. Personally I think the alternative version wasn't bad at all, quite the contrary, but getting the original work a proper adaptation (no less than 51 episodes!) was a great thing for the fans.
    I was also surprised to know that Shaman King's manga was to get a proper ending, and I always believed that the anime's was better in the sense that it brought closure to the story but I hope they'll adapt the original work even if the trend is long passed ^^.

Same as for Fullmetal, I can't help hoping they'll do the same for Claymore. The end of the anime wasn't exactly bad, but so different from the manga that it doesn't really make sense. I think they changed the story of the 11th volume to conclude on a bizarre note, while the manga continued up to the 27th volume.
    And there are so many other series we can think of...

Otaku Lvl
    Thanks

I am longing for 2nd season of Re: Zero !!!! REM!!!!

Kawaii Alluka's Onii-chan

Kukuroo Mountain, Dentora, Republic of Padokia
    Upload
    578 Video(s)
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Yes, there would be a ton of anime I would like to have continuation:

Hunter X Hunter
    I just want to see more of its action. The point where they stopped in the anime and the current manga is still few so it might take a while for the anime to be continued.

Nana
    The manga is on a very long hiatus, now on its 9th year, so obviously, follows the anime. I want closure for the story but I feel like it would never happen.

Skip Beat!
    I'm reading the manga but I really want to the manga "acted" out for real. When I read the manga, it gave me chills on the acting part. I hope to feel the same as the anime. (Now I want to watch the anime again. xD)

But I am the impatient type so if I really love the anime, I will go and read the manga or light novel.

Dark Templar Admirer animelover22's Avatar
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

maria sama ga miteru Season 5

Thanks

The hope is still not lost for us NGNL fans!

"Okay, and that's the end. For an ugly guy like me, a love story won't just start out of somewhere. This is reality"
    ~Motoyama

OS chef in the making
    Otaku Lvl
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

Arata Kangatari. While it did sort of wrap itself up. It also felt like there was a lack of closure.